Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygnids
Dec 14, 2021

Koos Group posted:

There is another possibility, though. For quite a while I've wanted to try an anonymous-only feedback thread, where posts are PMed to me and then posted with a pseudonymous identifier, such as "Poster 1A3". I think it would mitigate cliquishness and allow users to more freely say exactly what they want, similar to secret ballots. It would also make the thread's post volume more manageable, and ensure I know immediately when there is feedback since PMing me is necessary. But I'm not sure if anonymous feedback is what anyone would want.

you should do this. personally I'll never PM you feedback about things that would bring me back to D&D, because from public posts I'm struggling to remember you making any changes based on feedback that didn't also come from a mod or admin and I don't want to bother shouting into a black hole.

it doesn't even have to be anonymous if the sender doesn't want that; it sounds like your opposition to a feedback thread is logistics and the concept of anonymous feedback is orthogonal to that. you could keep the thread locked save for your quotes/responses and if you end up getting a wave of PMs as people see those and respond to them to you it'd make it obvious that people want to have a public discussion thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygnids
Dec 14, 2021

socialsecurity posted:

This is you quoting someone doing syq poo poo just a few days ago. So why should I take you at any sort of good faith when you are just straight up obviously lying? Also that mass reporting poo poo is a dumb myth I've never seen a lock of evidence for, like more notice if reports are spammed and I'm pretty sure multiple people can't even report the same message.

As for posting on CSpamI have no interest in being chain probed.

mods have previously said that the majority of reports come from d&d fwiw, though that's not exactly that.

but your post here has a lot of us vs them energy so it's a good example of the problem. how often do you pull up post histories before deciding whether to reply to the contents of a post?