Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Is this thread closing at the 48-hour mark as is customary or will it be open for another time period?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

That kind of links in with something that I asked in the SAD thread that was closed before Koos could answer. It's in response to Koos' contention that probations are based on one-sided reporting. (ie: "Your post was reported but the post to which you were responding wasn't").

Koos, do you think it would improve D&D to have those who believe they've been unduly & harshly punished to mash the report button as often as those who mash it to report them? Would it enhance discussion & debate to have every "non-serious" or "bad faith" or "unfunny joke" post reported?

Because I'm sure we could do that in order to further enhance the quality of the forum, and you've been saying that the only thing leading to uneven punishment is what has been, up till now, one-sided button-mashing.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

You've not responded to most of the feedback from the previous feedback thread. The primary difference since the latest round of mod turnover has been even less enforcement of the rules than before, meaning even more trolling and circular arguments in all the major threads.

Sounds like what we need is more reporting of posts in order to enhance debate & discussion, as Koos has suggested.

I for one will be following his edict. :)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I think that's a rather outmoded concept of us vs. them; that may have been true several years ago but cspam mods have successfully encouraged most of its users to contribute meaningfully there, which is evidenced by the high activity in cspam & the quality of most of its discussions.

Cspam rules prevent the sort of point-n-laff stuff that maybe was prevalent back when D&D regulars were gathering in off-site groups to choose targets for mass reporting, as well as for doing their own pointing & laughing, but that was years ago (except maybe for that mod discord that leaked recently).

Those of us who do post in both places have contributed meaningfully to D&D, in good faith, and many of us have been posting here longer than those who've complained about invasions of their sacred space in the past.

As has been pointed out to you over the years that you've claimed this in QCS/SAD, seeing forum participants as your enemies out to undermine you is both unhealthy and incredibly toxic to the forums at large. Maybe reconsider your thinking by spending time participating in cspam & contributing to the discussions there rather than clinging to what you hate-read several years ago.

eta: I suggested that you participate in cspam bc I know that's how a lot of people have changed their minds about this forums-enemies stuff that undermines the forums at large. And there are so many active threads there I'm sure you could find some in which you'd be welcome.

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 25, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Staluigi posted:

a lot of that got cracked down on after it finally drove everyone insane and even on the admin level they started having to ask questions about what the gently caress was happening, so it's nothing like it was when that poo poo was a constant 24/7 thing lol

Yeah, at this point the complaints about "brigading by posting enemies" actually are more prevalent than any actual "brigading" by "posting enemies."

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I continue to insist we close both DnD and CSPAM and remerge them into one new, even worse, forum

Nah, the CCCC thread kinda sucks, and I say that as an on-and-off participant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

C-spam's reach & activity is extensive enough these days that it's usually c-spammers "brigading" and making fun of other c-spam threads rather than having to bother finding mockworthy posts in D&D anymore. :wink:

That is to say: Consider it an honor if you're mined for a SYQ bc it's that rare these days.

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 25, 2023