Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

World War Mammories posted:

some idiot new guy in the writer's room brought this up and todd immediately devoured him in a single gulp. he didn't even have time to scream before being crushed by the nuclear bezoars in todd's crop

which is all the impressive because todd howard is tiny. A literal bosmer.

1stGear posted:

They didn't have that gun to stick to during FO4's development because that wasn't something the writing team actually thought of at the time. It was something that dumbass brought up now because he has terminal nerd-brain and he wanted to capitalize on his IP being in the zeitgeist.

No, they thought that pre-war americans being thrown off into what remains of america was a novel hook. Initially the wife was going to be a soldier as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

what happened with tarkov?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
lol 250 bucks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

They released a pve mode and more p2w stuff in a new bundle that is $250. I think that is on top of the $130 for the EoD bundle.

Then they said they heard the community so they are giving EoD buyers 6 months of access to the PvE mode and 6 months of expiediated matchmaking.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

we escaped from it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

lol 250 bucks

lol wtf

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tankbuster posted:

No, they thought that pre-war americans being thrown off into what remains of america was a novel hook. Initially the wife was going to be a soldier as well.

I meant the "Male PC was actually in the Fallout 1 intro!!!!!" nonsense. I highly doubt it was something the writing team thought of during FO4's development because its the exact kind of dumb self-feeding ~*canon*~ bullshit that has infested all nerd media that someone would think up retroactively to seem cool. An IP isn't worthwhile if it doesn't all connect to the same five characters and events after all.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Virgin Bethesda Developer: Durrr akshully the FO4 male character was in the FO1 intro and also his uncle was the original Vault Dweller's ancestor and his clone was the main PC in Fallout Brotherhood of Steel and they were all named Skywalker!!!!!

The Chad Obsidian Developer: I do not care if future properties consider Fallout New Vegas canon, my work was my work and I stand by it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tankbuster posted:

todd can do this because he understands CHIM (consuming haters in mouth)

Mr Hootington posted:

They released a pve mode and more p2w stuff in a new bundle that is $250. I think that is on top of the $130 for the EoD bundle.

Then they said they heard the community so they are giving EoD buyers 6 months of access to the PvE mode and 6 months of expiediated matchmaking.

lmao amazing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The other thing that annoys me is that New Vegas explicitly gives players the option to weave together an endgame path that rejects both the Legion and the NCR - there's no need to go to the mat for the latter unless you're unwilling to do the work.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

lol drat

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have purchased encased a game I do not remember adding to my wishlist but hell I’ll play what sounds like fallout plus gothic for $3.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I unlocked a spell in Arx Fatalis where you summon a demon, but the spell description warns you that demons are unpredictable. I was going through a temple to an old Lovecraftian god and found an ancient sorcerer's chambers, like the guy had been alive for centuries before this world's sun burnt out. I tried looting his treasure chest but this summoned him in lich form, and he was super strong. I had the "summon demon" spell pre-cast so I figured what the hell, fight fire with fire. After a huge full-screen visual effect my spell dissipates to reveal...a chicken. And not, like, Ultra Mega Chicken either, just a regular-rear end chicken. So the lich proceeds to cast a paralytic spell on me and then kills me instantly. Game owns.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I unlocked a spell in Arx Fatalis where you summon a demon, but the spell description warns you that demons are unpredictable. I was going through a temple to an old Lovecraftian god and found an ancient sorcerer's chambers, like the guy had been alive for centuries before this world's sun burnt out. I tried looting his treasure chest but this summoned him in lich form, and he was super strong. I had the "summon demon" spell pre-cast so I figured what the hell, fight fire with fire. After a huge full-screen visual effect my spell dissipates to reveal...a chicken. And not, like, Ultra Mega Chicken either, just a regular-rear end chicken. So the lich proceeds to cast a paralytic spell on me and then kills me instantly. Game owns.

lol I gotta try it again. It's been forever

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

The other thing that annoys me is that New Vegas explicitly gives players the option to weave together an endgame path that rejects both the Legion and the NCR - there's no need to go to the mat for the latter unless you're unwilling to do the work.

see, I just follow the CPSU's take that you have to support the most progressive faction in a lawless area. (NCR has by far the most content too).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

not blowing up the Brotherhood Mojave chapter in an NCR path is deliberately one of the most annoying and bullshit quests in the entire game and most of the time the gag with the NCR side quests is that you don't end up accomplishing much of anything.

Content wise the Yes Man and House paths are variants of the NCR path, those definitely could have used the extra 6 months.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

you should’ve been able to put the kings in charge

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tankbuster posted:

it's a well-documented fact that todd howard is able to unhinge his jaw like a snake to swallow a man whole

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

the main guy voice makes him sound so plain it kinda owns, just a regular guy going through hell, there was some mod happening that was going to rehaul the entire lighting but i dunno if it ever was finished or not

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Augus posted:

it's a well-documented fact that todd howard is able to unhinge his jaw like a snake to swallow a man whole

snakes can unhinge their jaws like todd howard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why would I pay $250 for a Tarkov PVE mode when I could instead buy Orb of Creation 50 times