Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wrote the holocaust book review for F&F. Only one I finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wrote the holocaust book review for F&F. Only one I finished.

I read it, thought it was well done

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

there's fun ww stuff. I liked the supplement for Hunter for slasher villains in case you wanted to run a campaign about hunting jason vorhees or freddy krueger or something

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I have an incredibly huge collection of WW books and I can "well acksthually" people about the lore for hours.

This isn't a good thing but it is what it is.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MonsieurChoc posted:

I have an incredibly huge collection of WW books and I can "well acksthually" people about the lore for hours.

can you go to ghost town, as a mortal, and come back

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Al! posted:

can you go to ghost town, as a mortal, and come back

Yes, but it's hard. Also depends on your definition of mortal.

A group of freaks calling themselves the Orphic Circle went down to the Underworld and blew up a nuke there. This caused the fall of Ghost Rome.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wrote the holocaust book
This is what I read initially.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I actually do believe that settings like vampire are well realized and fun to read about, they just pander to a demographic that largely lacks the ability to really put it to good use, and by the same consequence often descends to a level that is at best pretentious and at worst disgusting. Wormwood is one of my favorite pre-written campaigns ever but I would never dream about trying to run it with anyone

there's also some truly excellent settings like Demon, particularly the nwod version. sadly the guy who wrote the original Demon is also the guy who wrote Beast so some serious death of the artist is needed there

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

In Demon's defense, those are games with multiple writers, including some who post here in trad games. Most of them are underpaid freelancers.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

In Demon's defense, those are games with multiple writers, including some who post here in trad games. Most of them are underpaid freelancers.

good to hear honestly

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Drill Dozer is one of the Forgotten Classics. will take a look, miss the rumblepak though.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Buck Wildman posted:

I would appreciate it if this didn't cascade into a million posts about how gross and horrible white wolf games are, we all know

do we? i don't know, but also don't care to find out because it doesn't sound very interesting

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

silentsnack posted:

do we? i don't know, but also don't care to find out because it doesn't sound very interesting

if you don't count your blessings

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

Drill Dozer is one of the Forgotten Classics. will take a look, miss the rumblepak though.

You just unlocked an old memory, I remember Drill Dozer being dope

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

very well animated, drat

hey in DD2 am I meant to be doing all these boring rear end city quests the guy in the pub gives me? will it open up at some point and send me out into what looks like an enormous map or should I just head off in a rando direction and come back and do this stuff when im level 200 like its morrowind

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Really wish you could respec from scratch in Rogue Trader. Too far in now to start a new game but I have a cool pyromancer build in mind smh

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Really wish you could respec from scratch in Rogue Trader. Too far in now to start a new game but I have a cool pyromancer build in mind smh

sadly not, unless you use toybox. there's an exemplar talent that let's you become an unsanctioned psyker tho

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

bitmap posted:

very well animated, drat

hey in DD2 am I meant to be doing all these boring rear end city quests the guy in the pub gives me? will it open up at some point and send me out into what looks like an enormous map or should I just head off in a rando direction and come back and do this stuff when im level 200 like its morrowind

Those are main quests and if it works like the first game when you reach a point where the quest-giver is like "sure you wanna proceed and you don't have anything left to do?" it cuts off a bunch of side quests. If you're bored and want to explore the map, there's nothing stopping you. You can go pretty much anywhere whenever.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol people paid 100 bucks for this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

smarxist.......

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i paid like 60 so i can't really talk

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i was going to say i thought you were part of the initial wave that paid $100 for it lol

or maybe that was starfield

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

lol woof

Xaris posted:

smarxist.......

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

i was going to say i thought you were part of the initial wave that paid $100 for it lol

or maybe that was starfield

i paid 30 bucks for early access to starfield, but in my defense i've really enjoyed their slop up to fallout 4, as for diablo they just caught me at the right time with money burning a hole in my pocket and a desire to play a looter game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

turns out what i wanted was last epoch, which scratches that itch perfectly

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyways i just like poking fun, i've got no room to talk. i've paid full price launch-day for some very very bad games in my time:

- spore
- destiny 2
- hellgate london (lifetime)
- colonial marines
- brink
- arkham knight
- broken age kickstarter
- kh 3
- guild wars 2

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I've definitely paid full price for some lemons, no judgment

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I paid $200 to get into the Archeage Online Alpha and it was amazing and absolutely not worth the time or money. But hey, sometimes that's videogames.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

KirbyKhan posted:

I paid $200 to get into the Archeage Online Alpha and it was amazing and absolutely not worth the time or money. But hey, sometimes that's videogames.

wasn't that the pedophile 9999 year old dragon mmo??

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Im starting as a pyromancer and its an uphill climb. Idira is so much more effective at being a brain wizard than me, but jokes on her I'm going to turn her unsanctioned rear end in to the space cops

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I've definitely paid full price for some lemons, no judgment

I preordered loving Ultima 9, I will never look down on anyone for a game purchase (unless it's funny)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

turns out what i wanted was last epoch, which scratches that itch perfectly

New PoE league starts tomorrow

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

wasn't that the pedophile 9999 year old dragon mmo??

No, that was Bliss

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Archeage was a Korean MMO with landlordism and P2W. It wiped so many times and they promised they'd never wipe again as many times.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i preordered Brink and im still fuckin bitter :mad:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DoombatINC posted:

it was so bad lol

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

stop reminding me of my mistakes!! every drat time I repress that memory...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Those are main quests and if it works like the first game when you reach a point where the quest-giver is like "sure you wanna proceed and you don't have anything left to do?" it cuts off a bunch of side quests. If you're bored and want to explore the map, there's nothing stopping you. You can go pretty much anywhere whenever.

I apparently missed the ability to romance Ulrika because I didn't return to Melve at the right time. At least I did the quest with the brothel lady.

I guess that's an excuse to just rush to NG+ where I can do those quests.

Xaris posted:

anyways i just like poking fun, i've got no room to talk. i've paid full price launch-day for some very very bad games in my time:

- spore
- destiny 2
- hellgate london (lifetime)
- colonial marines
- brink
- arkham knight
- broken age kickstarter
- kh 3
- guild wars 2

Guild Wars 2 was fun IIRC? I remember liking it more than WoW, but my friend didn't want to keep playing (he preferred WoW) so I stopped.

I still remember being hyped for Hellgate London in my senior year college dorm.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Mar 28, 2024

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

i paid like 60 so i can't really talk

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I got what I wanted out of Diablo 4, I don't regret it.