Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

bideo james

Absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I got an SSD in the mail yesterday and since I couldn't sleep last night I spent the wee hours of the morning turning it into my gaming PC's new dedicated emulation/Batocera boot drive

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'll be alright, I'm just barely a week into a tolerance break and still getting used to it. Thanks tho :frogbon:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
going through the library of DS titles and wondering what the gently caress Jackass: The Game on Nintendo DS could be

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

one time when i worked at a game store in texas two dudes wearing overalls and no shirts came in to sell their old gamecube but when i went to hook it up and test it i saw literally dozens of roaches living inside and had to turn em down...they were really nice about it though

The American Mario Brothers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lpzie posted:

battlebit hates Linux. boycott it.

no

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
battlebit has good voice chat cuz everyone is cosplaying as army guys and making exaggerated death noises when they die or yelling "I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS, SARGE" when you're dragging them out of sight

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lpzie posted:

yeah it's great in Barotrauma... great in ARMA 3...

and in BattleBit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

does battlebit have a teamspeak plugin for radios where it simulates terrain interference yet

i don't care

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

war is hell

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
my sincere advice is to find the largest group of friends you can, play as a squad together, and fully commit to the bit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

my favorite thing about children playing videogames is they say "there's a kid over there" instead of "there's a guy over there"

videogames are for children so they're right

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

The one thing kids and boomers agree on

it's just a fact

your inner child counts too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

alarumklok posted:

no, my inner child is an adult

that's why you don't like video games

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the shadowy organizations pulling the strings in the metal gear franchise are basically the same as the one in Metalocalypse because a bunch of morons keep loving everything up and they just keep going "Yes.... all according to plan"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
and if you are a metal gear fan who is going to quote that post and tell me i'm wrong: i do not care

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

People excited for Starfield are dangerously susceptible to propaganda. Probably consider themselves free thinkers

i think they probably just like space games op

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
also I think Nick Valentine as a character is good, it works, it fits

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Usually those people want games where you're allowed to land the ship

i wouldn't know i play games about things that are interesting

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

actually does anyone still use git gud anymore or did it die in the early 2010s

People use "skill issue" now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

This thread should know better.

no that checks out with most goons definition of when something is dead: just before it becomes most popular of all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

A space truckin game could be great if they licensed that rad deep purple song and looped it on repeat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

man a LEGO proportioned guy the size of the average fortnite model is gonna look really weird lol can't wait

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

losing my mind at the number of people posting battlebit gun DPS charts while claiming that the highest DPS weapons are the best in the game while also ignoring that most of them are so inaccurate that most or all of that damage is being applied to dirt

but also that's good because it makes the game easier i guess

i will never care about what gun i am using the point of the game is to play pretend army guys

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Schmoe Cwead posted:

thats just roblox which fortnite already basically is

incorrect, fortnite is communist

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

let them fort nite. but take away the game if their KDR falls below 2:1until they git gud. also teach them to exclusively travel by strafe gliding and bunnyhopping, if they cannot then take away game

good poster

Gumball Gumption posted:

If you let them play they'll never shut the gently caress up about the latest advertisement in the game. Look at the thread for examples of what your kid could turn into

bad poster

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

can you still play as rick sanchez voiced by justin roland in epic games fortnite? I love brands

you are correct that Fortnite has reclaimed the beloved character of Rick Sanchez from the degenerate Justin Roiland and delivered him to the people, just as it will do with all IP

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Augus posted:

it also reclaimed a bunch of money into the degenerate Justin Rolland’s wallet

wow it has? oh my god!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

when will people stop falling for this early access trap. 1.0 next year ftw

if no one buys it, the company drops support and it is permanently an early access beta forever. i salute the early adopters who pay more so we can have finished games

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

the racism of punch out: a 4 hour YouTube essay

you're telling me scrawny-rear end Lil Mac could take out Mike Tyson? lmao OK

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shutting Down, or being Extracted from the Market?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

euphronius posted:

why do people like call of duty so much ?

you got that new duty bro?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

I know CoD is dominating the conversation because of the merger, but it's also worth noting that people also treat their consoles as a Madden Machine

you got that new madden bro?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Maybe somebody could make a battle royale on Unreal Engine 5. I know a developer who has the chops

boy do me and exactly one other poster have good news for you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

Same budget as movies, but takes like twice as long to produce and has probably 3 or 5 times the staff, who are non-union and get paid correspondingly 1/3 or 1/5 what union Hollywood people do

they spend too much money on making movies too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i loving HATE Rusty Bucket Bay, if I ever meet the dev responsible for the engine room...

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

That single room is easily the worst segment in the whole game, and there's an extra life right in there so it's not like nobody realised. It's less of a setback in the remake

The toxic water isn't great either but at least it barely matters

You could fix the whole room by making it a non-instant death that just warps you back to the entrance with one less health, it's just such a pain in the rear end when you're going for all 100 notes in the OG version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lmao that did piss me off just on principle. also the timer in the pyramid maze restarting when you go back in from the end of the maze. I already beat it, just let me look around!!