Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
40 fps is all you need, oled is o-ver hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4uF37jP6s

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

playtime has just started

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

wrong, right

all you need (not fps)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Antonymous posted:

oled is really nice. i reccomend it when you need a new TV. LG makes the best ones per $ as of now. Get the C2

you're too late i got it for my old man for fathers day. time to see how movies look on that mf'er.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

battlebit has good voice chat cuz everyone is cosplaying as army guys and making exaggerated death noises when they die or yelling "I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS, SARGE" when you're dragging them out of sight

localized voice chat is one of gamings great achievements

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
steam sale is the 29th... mf's better have fromsoft games on sale

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

punished milkman posted:

i played battlebit for 20 mins and the localized voice chat seemed to be primarily 12 year old boys half heartedly saying “medic… medic….”

pull out your bandage and rez them you son a b*tch

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
part of the fun of the steamdeck is lolling every time it plays a modern game (ac valhalla)

the cryo utility pagefile ram really pwns for lowest frametimes

guide that i was basing it off of result

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 09:15 on Jun 26, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the problem is it'll be too small. doing trade runs in freelancer was cool because the universe was loving huge and sick as hell. some p hostile places

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
battlebit has so many interiors just to teach that urban combat is a deathtrap

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
somebody mentioned the ui elements earlier but battlebit has some truly horrendous audio + audio/visual ques.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the leveloution will not be televised...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
no its just not there. there a lot of little details missing but say repairgun sparks, gun noises are fuckin really weird imo, etc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol i was going go back and be like 'a couple years later????'

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
battlebit m249 is insanely good g*ddamn. the bipod is sort of wackily forgiving considering it gives you pinpoint accuracy. then again you can't exploit it to peek around corners without exposing yourself so I guess its better than battlefield in that way.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
you can throw c4 really far. like just have that poo poo in your hand instead of a gun

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao that steam got overhauled even more web 3.0 or whatever

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
playin battlebit tensatown on frontlines mode with 127vs127 is a war is hell simulator

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nichael posted:

Minor Zelda quest spoilers, so avoid this if you don't want to read that.

The new Zelda has a quest where the only solution as far as I can tell is to get thrown in jail. And then the only way to get thrown in jail is by creeping on the morning class of Gerudo children three times in a row. Eventually, the teacher calls the guards on you.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong regarding that being the only solution? Because it's a little :yikes:.

Buck Wildman posted:

buddy, you couldn't have just chucked a vase at a guard. explore your options for gently caress's sake

e: I found a far more normal solution in less than a minute of googling lol

the hardest ive laughed in cspam in years

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

windows 11 will break out of a locked jail cell, run 500 miles and find you and kill your family then start itself up and install updates

where can i install this?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
metro hair looked fine 2 me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I love that all the diablo posts in the thread are like "this thing is dogshit. It sucks and I have to grind for 100 hours and it will bug out and make me lose all progress. I will keep playing this its soooo fun"

lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dreylad posted:

i keep hoping sekiro will go on more of a sale but it doesn't seem like it

lol they keep it at full msrp and it’s only on steam. i was looking at it too before the sale

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 19:58 on Jun 29, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/picklepissiere/status/1674518590052093952

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao at ac valhalla where she puts the knife on top and says gently caress you nerd.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

alarumklok posted:

the arc of history bends towards justice. fo4 came out after fo:nv. therefore, fo4 is more ideal and just than fo:nv. anyone who says otherwise is a tankie and a chud

fo4 is a refinement on everything that made f:nv great

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at elden ring intro fmv

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
anticheat doesn't run on linux iirc. it'd be a masochist dream to play it with a controller, unless ur using a kb/m bluetooth lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its very funny to be an old b*tch and still get 3:1 on pure urban maps. a lot of getting good at the game is making sure not to drop your guard until you know you're clear. dudes just get wiped every time they assume their squadmate has their back.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the milk machine posted:

*slowly typing out my post on the steam deck touch keyboard* lol yeah that would be crazy

i was wrong and apparently it does work, but they were looking at another anticheat that might fuckup linux. but also looking at being able to split the difference and have community servers that can chose to use eac lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

Pretty much everyone I know who does well at the game is close to or over 30. Your ability to play FPS games doesn't really decline with age.

largely depends on the gunplay. like i'd never be able to do snap headshots point blank with a sniper, but most of battlebit is about positioning/maintaining your cover. its very funny how the games milsim roots meet its casual mechanics i.e. pickaxe for a firing hole vs rpg gently caress you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

do you actually still play shooters as much as you did when you could do snap headshots though

cuz like yea I can't hit stuff as well as I used to but it's not like my reaction times are way worse. I just barely play games as much as I used to.

theres two snap shots: mid chest->recoil kick up and headshot. headshot is gone the way of the dino. tho this game its easier with huge head lol. i've been doing medium scope sniper and it rules. like in terms of being jumped on and spinning around to at least open up on em thats still there, but also i probably won't kill em with the headshots needed to beat their ttk.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i do play on wacky high mouse sens which is why my wrist has been solid for 20 years. so that sprobably part of it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
is it really the office drone thing that wrecks the wrist. wtf are they doing, playing starcraft??? is excel so strenuous?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
(korean crowd roaring as apm shoots through roof as computer toucher job)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

loquacius posted:

Wandered around the Great Plateau in TOTK and man it's kind of shocking to me that Rebuild is gated behind the assumption that the player will naturally want to check out the tutorial area from the first game. It's such a core ability! It's like actually possible to build myself poo poo outside of extremely specific circumstances now and I only found it because I was loving around.

also made a bargain with a giant statue with four eyes hidden leagues below the surface of the earth, sure I won't regret that one

the follow the statue quest is like tailor made to make your 'bullshit quest' sensors go wild and its very funny that one of the main powers is behind it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao fortnite added a broken rear end healing item to the loot pool for the summer event. It has a .5 second use time and gives 100 health and 100 shield.

https://youtube.com/shorts/d1YoZIK2oK0?feature=share

this guy needs to turn the webcam off.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
farming lpzie for unlocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i recommend going engie and shooting rpgs. they hit a good balance between useless and carl gustav