Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I swapped my 5600x out for a 5800x3d and after loving around with the settings for a while to not get it to redline the performance boost is pretty noticable. I'll probably stay with this system for a good 6-7 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

i ordered a 2nd steam deck for when im upstairs

Isn't the point that you can carry it around

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the milk machine posted:

pentium 2 w/ a 4090

(i got a deal on a 7700 x and will be getting a 4070)

Honestly if you don't care about ray tracing consider amd cards, they're cheaper and have more vram

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

punished milkman posted:

the dbz rear end eikon fights in ff16 are so sick oh my god

they're so fuckin good, the ifrit v ifrit fight isn't shy about just going for it and it rules

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BUSH 2112 posted:

lol diablo iv is the laggiest loving game i've ever played even when blizzard isn't getting cyber crimed. i lost three hardcore characters to lag/random disconnect before i gave it up and just played eternal

this is why they never improve

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my hot take is that OLEDs are cool and all but the issue of burnin is still enough that they go bad after like 3-5 and as such they're not worth the purchase

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

olives black posted:

are final fantasy x-2 or 12 worth playing

x2 is really good yea, I don't have an opinion on 12. It's fine I guess.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Schmoe Cwead posted:

steam isnt letting me log in or use offline mode

good times

Steam's down, I guess.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

When Fallout 76 launched the mic was hot by default. You couldn't change the settings till you were done with character creation, so it was just me and another guy unexpectedly speaking to each other for like 20 minutes while I was making my dude. His girlfriend said hi over the mic. It was surreal. Then I played the videogame and like chatted 3 times total over a 120 hr playthrough.

76 is so loving baffling because it has all these coop and pvp things set up but like, the game servers were max 14 people and the map was fallout map sized, so you would literally never see someone except if you cruised into a world event and even then it wasn't a guarantee

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man a bunch of influencers got flown out to play payday 3 and they're all super positive on it. I wanna play

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

I watched someone play the demo of this and I might actually get it, it was really good

their previous game was amazing, really weird and artsy. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093840/NiGHT_SIGNAL/ I'm down for anything this developer does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LTsEP82SKI

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

dev is also a fellow goon

Oh he is? Cool!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Having played it, it's middling. Lots of baffling design choices, haphazard plot and atrocious writing. As you said the combat is serviceable and it's got some really neat aesthetics but it's nothing special aside from a few select moments.

The writing isn't that bad but there's a lot of stuff that it doesn't explain or discuss that it really needed to, mostly about the main character

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I love that all the diablo posts in the thread are like "this thing is dogshit. It sucks and I have to grind for 100 hours and it will bug out and make me lose all progress. I will keep playing this its soooo fun"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I don't trust the Skullgirls thing because it smells like pure marketing. My extremely cynical take is that they made the adjustments to get funding, people melted down about it, and then they spun it up into a culture war thing to harvest free engagement

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Iirc they also arrest you if you're wearing the yiga mask

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

I've been interested in it for awhile but I always flinch at the store page for whatever reason, probably the cost

people say ara fell is good but boy does it look like generic rpgmaker tripe

It's good, yeah. The battle system is neat and the story is good. I was impressed at how polished the whole thing felt, and apparently rpgmaker has come a longass way from when I was a kid since you can do all these crazy new things in it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

PantsandCola posted:

Should I get Fear and Hunger??

I know nothing about fear and hunger except that one of the enemies you fight is just shirts. like it's a pile of shirts.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

all of the eikon fights after the first one seem lame tbh. that one is cool and it makes it seem like it's some giant monsters fighting but after that it's like ifrit just moves around like it's regular person sized

this is an insane opinion to have. bro you are in a spectacle game, embrace it. let it wash over you. don't think about it too hard and enjoy big monster punch

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

loquacius posted:

Plus I can't stress enough how little the prewar backstory affects anything that happens in-game. I don't think it ever comes up a single time. You can make your character Killer Michelle with a sledgehammer or a big dumb jarhead lady if you want, the only thing stopping you is you

It doesn't and Bethesda genuinely doesn't give a gently caress about their lore making any sense but one of the big things for the game was the redesigned power armor but both main characters can just use it despite it needing training to use in previous games.

It's generally less about the game and more about Bethesda just kind of not giving a poo poo about the worlds they make even though that's literally their whole job

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

smarxist posted:

Never seen anyone rate 9 so low, truly deranged

If nine doesn't hit for you it loving sucks. I agree with him tbh I don't like nine, it doesn't do anything for me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

People always complain about turn based but both of the divinity games had almost no trash combat, everything was specifically built to whatever arena it was in and you only fought it once. Meanwhile pillars and pathfinder were both loaded with trash combat you alt clicked through

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm just glad battlefield gamers finally have a game that isn't complete poo poo, they deserve a w after like ten years of dice

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

when i play support and i just run around points that my team just captured, or where i've previously seen the enemy team moving through, placing claymores until i run out. after that i mostly run around and try to find people to shoot. i get 30-40 claymore kills a game and have been at the top of my team's leaderboard from doing this. you can place 20 claymores if you have the right armor and use all your ammo packs, and there's no cap. you wanna put them in spots where people can't see the wires, like at the base of windows they're climbing through, behind knee high objects or in grass or bushes.

Mujahideen behavior

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

unlocks are neccesary so people are forced to use famas ironsights

finding out the famas ironsights irl are complete dogshit shocked me. They're like joke sights

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

People said they wanted more romanceable bears in games! Why are you yelling at us we did what you asked!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The dlc is good imo because it's significantly shorter and it plays with the concept way, way more than the base game did

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Koirhor posted:

lol couple of meltdowns in the steam reviews for BG3 over Bestiality

Yeah the far right christofascists have been rolling hard on the "slippery slope" thing for ages and this is another thing for them to freak out about, hence all the weird posting you see about the game online

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

if you refuse to be girlfriends with anyone in p5 there's a whole scene with you and the blonde guy being alone on christmas day and the cat calls you a pair of incel losers

lol

I'm not gonna take any guff from the cat that constantly sexually harasses ann

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's Shia LaBeouf

He's been cancelled sorry

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Arcanum had the weird plot where the gnome bankers who secretly run the world were breeding ogres with kidnapped white women

Not only that but you the player can do absolutely nothing about it. When you go back it's been completely cleared out and the guy you give the info to is killed

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

I play all games as an elder god one level of reality above the poor fools whose bodies I am puppeteering

Ah the XCOM the bureau style of play

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm not done yet but that dude put his everything into Clive and it rules.

Also rules we had almost little too no bullshit non-verbal anime responses that really started to annoy me in FF7R.

The VA in general was real good

If they made ff8 remake you'd see so many squall eyerolls

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

a.lo posted:

congrats to xbox to finally be able to purchase activision. big win for the green brand

Gonna play the crash remakes and crash 4 on game pass

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lpzie posted:

thisi s BULLSHIT...

Todd has conned yet another soul into buying his game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I appreciate that it's an option to go "none of this poo poo matters anymore man" and you can just help him and let him go

Also if we're talking communism it's in atomic heart and I thought it was an interesting choice to have the main character basically be gung ho about communism, he mostly just bitches about specific people not doing enough for the common man

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGrKUi11ZHg

an insane wayforward announcement list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-fu8loFDY

Yes that is a new GBA game being released on a GBA cart in 2023

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

holy gently caress they're rereleasing tomba oh god i'm so excited

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1679227783149486082

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Digital release or something super expensive?

It's steam and a physical release for the switch and the playstation, looks like. I will shell out for the switch physical game because it was one of my favorite games as a child (I got gold in the mermaid races bitch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Visage is a character that imo has always been absurdly powerful but no one in the pro scene can play him well enough to reveal his true power level