Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

And that's credits on Void Bastards, fun as hell game I highly recommend. A bit like Hades in how your kit all improves big time the more ship runs you complete regardless of how often you die, so misjudging something and eating poo poo doesn't feel so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ship variety wasn't terribly expansive but it's not really a long enough game for that to really wear thin, instead I spent most of the time on repeat layouts enjoying the fact that I already knew where everything was because that's also the time where you have the tools and knowledge to sprint around the place like Doomguy.

Boarded one ship with Zecs, then never boarded another ship with Zecs again. I could kill them somewhat reliably but not without taking half my health in damage and before you've killed one there's 4 more right behind you and the one you almost killed is now stuck in a wall spamming rockets at you. NO THANKS!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

smarxist posted:

Void Bastards was so cool would love a sequel

I regret sleeping on the Rivet gun for so long, but when I came across a ship that was literally just a big box of ammo for it I thought "hmm, game seems to want me to use this" and hooo boy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Onto Into the Breach and I can already tell I'm probably not smart enough to do well at this, but it lets you gently caress up a lot before it swings the scythe, even if those fuckups hang like a lead weight around your neck going forward

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kyber crystals are the magnets of the star wars universe, and the Jedi are Shaggy 2 Dope and Sith are Violent J

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The GBA was pretty much the peak of portable gaming, everything since has lost 3 things it did well to improve on 1.

Basically it's probably not even possible to top the GBA and Switch until we get holographic quantum batteries or something, that's the big limiting factor for any system.

If anybody is interested in FFXVI but don't have the $570 minimum to play it, just watch an anime while mashing the square button on a controller during the fight scenes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The nice thing about the Switch Subnautica port is that the stuff it struggles with is the same stuff it struggles with on PC. The pop-in is bad but it is on the PC as well lol, but in every other way it's one of the best games I've played and is a steal at :10bux:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tragic news today as another private deep sea venture company reports loss of a prototype one man exploration suit, which has been found immovably wedged between the sea floor and an overhang that was just barely too low to allow the suit to move. Experts report that the pilot "should've known better, what did they think was going to happen"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FFXII was one of my favorites. I'd given up on the direction the series was going with X but it turns out I was exactly one single player installment too premature and it was after THAT one that all the stuff I liked about the series got removed or sidelined

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Metal Gears keep losing to some insane guy who is probably a clone and won't stop talking about memes or whatever. Armored Cores are forged in battle and exist only to kill.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hoot is this thing just reflexive or are you really trying to fish for an argument that horny anime square-mashing slideshow shouldn't have to suffer to live in a world with goofy anime square-mashing slideshow? Just enjoy it, dont none of this matta

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Starfield is going to make a gorillion dollars even if it doesnt work and 90% of the people here hating on it will be pre-ordering the deluxe edition after a few more trailers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Starfield is already driving everyone insane and it isnt even out yet. Gonna be a good time when it launches

It's gonna rule, there's also going to be a split between people who hate it because a bunch are going to be alright with it even if it's bad because they wouldn't have actually had to buy it

It's really gonna suck when Microsoft is formally declared console wars winner because GamePass is gonna nosedive in offerings and price

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope there's space-mudholes I have to use a space-winch to get out of, then I need to manually operate my tractor beam to get the spilled cargo of hyperspace relay parts back into my hold to finish this quest that caps off the region

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My spaceship? That's right, it's a Pacific P16 with nacelles duct taped on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao Raw Fury just released a new Kingdom game where you're kids on bikes in the 80's saving a town from Green with most or all of the other trappings of the Kingdom series. A completely insane idea that's just crazy enough to work, unfortunately no co-op yet and PC-only, which is a shame because it's a perfect Switch series

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YES

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That Star Truckers game is also Raw Fury! They move from victory to victory!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

will they stop calling me a sussy baka?

If you have to ask, the answer is no

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Halser posted:

people told me to train my new recruits in kenshi by having them fight prisoners with blunt weapons so it's safe

well a prisoner just used a blunt weapon to tear off my recruit's arm with one swing

Now you can safely replace it with a cyborg laser arm

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

the problem is it'll be too small. doing trade runs in freelancer was cool because the universe was loving huge and sick as hell. some p hostile places

Continuing the traditions of today and getting my start running drugs to Space England, which is crime infested and ramshackle because the ship broke down on the way after leaving late

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Saw a review that FF16's story is entirely about everyone being racist to the main character. Like, literally everyone you meet is a genocidal racist and the only culture is how much everyone loves being racist, and the main character just takes it the whole time and never sticks up for himself. c/d?

That was Morrowind

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Decided to pick up Dead Cells because ITB is more of a puzzle game where I want mindless action still after Void Bastards, ate poo poo first two runs so I mixed things up by dressing up as Santa Claus then beat bosses on a bridge and a clock tower and got my rear end whooped in a fancy castle. I can't say I'm really sold on it as a game yet but as brainless shooting around using weird weapons experience it's top notch.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

I've been playing zelda and i think some of the soundtrack is ripping off parts of this herbie handcock song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x3QtLCAPp8

Actually Herbie Hancock is a time traveler and ripped off Zelda

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

That's certainly what the album art is suggesting

Theres been a lot of evidence to support the theory even before Zelda

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you're into the whole thing Kingdom games have going on, Kingdom Eighties scratches that itch very well and does some new stuff/has some QoL the old games needed. Still pretty easy on Hard but if you're going for speed and not turtling up and recruiting 10,000 archers it and Cursed are probably a step above Norselands even. I'm more often than not repulsed by nostalgia poo poo and I'm still enjoying it, it's Grounded-style "you're in an 80's movie" so better than Ready Player One stuff

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm at the shadow assassin's guild

I'm at the orphanage

I'm at the combination shadow assassin's guild and orphanage

Isn't that just FF8

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tinykin rules, it's on gamepass too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Its pikmin minus the grim and looming spectre of war, more about movement and controls are massively improved in this regard, and most importantly theres no seesaw balancing puzzles. Also you can skate around on a bar of soap.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schmoe Cwead posted:

ended up buying the game "paranormasight: the seven mysteries of honjo" and also mcpixel 3 which is like less than 3 bucks everyone should pick that up

heard paranormasight was like the nonary games series so even though its not that on sale i still thought it was worth it

Picked up McPixel 3 a couple weeks ago and it's a really fun handful of hours, even if you're prepared for a surprise itll still surprise ya at times

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Got credits in Moonlighter, fun game, nice satisfying loop, combat is tough at first but I cant speak to anything past the mid game because I discovered that the highest damaging attack in the game also has iframes throughout its entire animation and I just moonwalked after that.

Dont look up the prices for stuff, the game makes it easy to figure out and if you can swing a sword you're going to be swimming in cash since you really do just wanna sell everything that doesnt have a star from being in a wish listed recipe

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I felt like I may have missed out on some challenge by getting the BKS in burg my first playthrough, then I did a Zwei playthrough. I thought it being insanely OP was a meme, I was wrong! Anything you dont pancake gets stunned, even bosses!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FO4's male main character was a pencil pusher in the national guard, but the female main character was a Sororitas Battle Lawyer on the frontlines. Frankly it's kind of problematic that anybody assumed otherwise.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also I liked NV but there's literally a whole DLC where a character just will not shut up about your exact backstory, monologuing it to you while you cannot disagree. You had a lot of choices in that game but it was ultimately the same amount you get in FO4.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Only about an hour in so far but this loving Mario + Rabbids game feels an awful lot more fun and polished than it has any right to be

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zomboid and CDDA are RNG sim hell, Caves of Qud is RNG sim heaven

They're all good but you have to be sort of taken by a fey mood like with ARPGs

Gumball Gumption posted:

The first one is great, the combat of the second one is even better in the combat department but too much game in my opinion

Turns out the XCOM formula really shines when you halve the RNG and replace it with everybody moving around the battlefield like greased lightning

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i need to finish it, the post game missions can get brutal

I suspect the honeymoon will end soon but I'm enjoying how aggressive you can be with dash attacks and jumps, and I got Mario the bonk gun because it sounded funny and now he's a loving monster. I thought it'd just move them one tile or something but it's like a keg of dynamite went off next to them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

the best part though is the insanely goony guy with anime pillows n posters, funko-pops, pizza boxes and garbage on the floor, that whips you up weapons

I wonder what his username is

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol this Mario + Rabbids game is weirdly addictive, just enough going on that there's a lot you can do without anything getting bogged down in battlefield analysis and grand strategy, the movement lets you be super aggressive and if you're super aggressive most fights are quick and satisfying and you can take a few hits without worrying much, upgrades are meaty and just frequent enough to feel rare but worth pursuing, and healing/class stuff has its own cooldown independent of movement and combat.

I want to like Rabbid Luigi because Vamp seems absurdly powerful but I think he doesn't comes online until midgame since until I can upgrade his movement, the AI always makes sure to stay out of dash range. Rabbid Peach meanwhile is a sassy tank with a massive AOE heal and a 2nd bomb drone which are very funny once you get the bounce ones. Luigi is never leaving this party, he's just insanely good, and Mario is a murder machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Loving Dave the Diver so far but man, it's wild to me that there's no controller support at launch. It makes way more sense than M+KB, must be something for the Switch release down the line I'm hoping is coming because it'd definitely be a perfect Switch game