Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Filthy Hans posted:

how does System Shock 1 compare to the sequel

ss2 owns, apart from the very end which is real bad and rushed. ss1 remaster is very much on the same tier now though, even a fair bit better since it's all glossy and 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

System shock owns

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

loquacius posted:

What game are you playing

Seriously dude just make your GI Jane mommy character and ignore the two side conversations where it apparently comes up which were so insignificant I had no memory of them whatsoever despite playing this game like 3 times. If you wanna get mad at fallout 4 there are TONS of ways to do it that everyone on earth would agree with, no need to hyperfixate on this

Observe the username and post accordingly

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

works fine on my logitech F710

:golfclap:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

drat horror queefs posted:

Within 24 hours of Starfield's release there will be hundreds of mods catering to every fetish imaginable so the base game's dating availability is not going to matter.

You want non-gender-specific dating sims.

I want a fully nude Garfield with a mudcrab for a face and a huge hairy dick.

We are not the same.

I want to gently caress with the, the space ships. The big ones. Really work it in, you know

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

punished milkman posted:

heh ya the power savings at zero perceivable cost to visual fidelity are unreal

I have yet to notice the difference, to the point where I'm still wondering if I haven't turned it on properly

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gently caress yeah finally finished rdr 2

goddam that was a good ride

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

alarumklok posted:

why do you have to hit them so many times with a sledgehammer?

clearly not a wagner pmc candidate

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

indigi posted:

I don't understand anything that's happening here but maybe I'd like to. how is this fumbling the bag, what kind of game is BG3, why is it called the panel from hell

Baldurs gate 3 is the third game in a famous series of crpgs. It's being made by crazy bonkers cuckoopants Belgians who are also very good at making games. The panel from hell is what they call their regular public updates on development. Thanks to all these things, we now know that, in the game they are making that is being released on Aug 3, you can gently caress a literal bear

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

indigi posted:

wait the game lets you date a bear? why

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are, uh"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gradenko_2000 posted:

Was there really no better answer to "what moral or theme are we supposed to take from your story?" than "have fun"?

Like, it doesn't have to remark on capitalism, jokes aside, but "it's about overcoming obstacles in life" is something I think could pass muster even if you were describing something as smoothed-down as a Disney live action remake.

It's a dumb tweet and they said the right thing imo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Stefan Prodan posted:

if yall never played enderal give it a shot, a bunch of germans gave skyrim an actual plot and even though it's VERY weird and some VA is like community theater level it's actually pretty good

it's free if you already have skyrim and be honest, you have skyrim

it also has no level scaling so you get the morrowind experience of going somewhere too high level and getting your poo poo wrecked and then later doing the wrecking

Yeah enderal owns really hard, I'd say the va is so least as good as Skyrim and often better though that's not too disagree with Stefan

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

People whining about having a plot element happen in a linear fps, a genre renowned for its dedication to absolute freedom of choice lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:ohdear:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Al! posted:

jagged alliance 3 is pretty good, they've definitely taken some cues from the larian games, you run around looting little maps and getting in encounters, which switches everything to turn based mode, but at the same time it retains it's own thing where you're recruiting mercs temporarily and they have personalities and like affinity bonuses and you're getting emails, and there's a fake internet and everything

croup youre gonna love it, there's so much reading

That's all in jagged alliance 2 btw, so it's nothing to do with larian. Ja2 owns (as does 3!)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

croup coughfield posted:

ive been keeping the hit probs off because i love doing stupid poo poo and i dont need the game to post a bunch of numbers at me. shut the gently caress up nerd

Yeah it's like TAKE THE SHOT

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This is super hilarious, but don't do this please

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ja3 is great btw, excellent music too: the track that starts playing after you have been in the first village is just gorgeous

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite is free

We pay the price, of your posts

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Augus posted:

dudes that can’t get it up unless they pay a fully-clothed woman to say “Saw a mudcrab the other day, dreadful creatures.”

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7234207345801219355

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Frog Act posted:

is it critically important I follow a set of answers and go back and remake my IMP Merc to be useful or is JA2 not super hard so it’s probably okay? playing non 1.13 so I imagine it’s fine

Post ur merc

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grapplejack posted:

That's how you get ghosts. Do you want ghosts??

he's a ghost-wanter, Jerry

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

the milk machine posted:

oh haha, what mods+settings would you recommend for that, lol, like as a joke

That's vanilla, they shrink and expand with the ambient temperature.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

isn't that how every season ends

'rift and sky beams' is about as exciting as 'gun that shoots bullets' in 2023

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grapplejack posted:

it's why long war worked in 1 and failed in 2 tbh. I'm curious to see how the studio's full game is going to work now that they're doing their own thing and not just xcom mods

Terra Invictus is p neat, hard as balls though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Buck Wildman posted:

I legit am not sure what I'm going to do next after ishin. probably Bear's Gape 3

caves of qud announced 1.0 early next year and I'm extremely stoked for that

System shock remake is the tits

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Koirhor posted:

damm bg3 overhyped?! most people will play it for like 2 hours and be like wtf and get that steam refund :sad:

Yeah it's gonna be daikatana all over again

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Baykin posted:

yeah the entire fun part of ARPGs is the initial push toward a build until you realize that youve been doing the same boring poo poo over and over again followed by quitting.

I read the last word as queefing and I was like yep checks out

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

which dark souls is the darkest

which dark souls has the most soul

i got dark souls, but i'm not a dark soldier

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if u played the Baldur's Gate 3 EA you need to login right now and delete your savegames, apparently there is a major bug with the complete release

yes that means downloading the EA again if you uninstalled after playing even just a bit (check the Games thread for more info)

where did it say re download the game?

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1686386509166018560

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gradenko_2000 posted:

I've never had a tabletop group get into anything remotely sexual in years of playing D&D and maybe that makes me a prude but it's made BG3 and everyone gushing about how horny it is extremely unrelatable

it's very good and is also 5e which is good i'm sorry gradenko facts are facts and u have to face them

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's not even 5e I'm remarking on this time! It's just, the notion of role playing romance is one that I'm unfamiliar with

Rolling with disadvantage, to imagine touching a boob

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr Hootington posted:

I put in 5 hours of FF16 over the weekend. I'm in the transition between the Twinside confrontation and whatever comes next. I try to play this when I have a block of time longer than an hour available. I've talked about the game before and how I think it is my GotY at the moment.

3 games I currently have on my Sony wishlist are Forspoken, Spider-Man 2, and God of War: Ragnarök. I'm waiting for God of War and Forspoken to drop below $30 when on sale.

I am hype for spider-man 2. I've been debating buying it on release or waiting for a sale. The $70 price tags always make me hesitate. I wish it had a coop mode, but it looks to be single-player. Kraven looks good.

A phone game I play when waiting somewhere is Merge Survival.
Merge Survival : Wasteland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6VNpPX8PtQ
It is just a stupid little merge game that caught my eye and doesn't take a lot of time. It is like a fidget toy. I do enjoy it though.

Hopefully this is what Seb wanted, but I do think it is a gotcha admin challenge. If I'm right it was fun posting with most of you. You can find me on discord. 👋

challenge accomplished ty hoots, back to fortnite :colbert:

i just got that merge game i'm gonna merge the dog

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DaysBefore posted:

Oh I didn't realise it had karmic dice, gently caress that

you turn them off, it's baffling the default option is to have them on, rare misstep from the belgians

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lt. Danger posted:

they should do an RPG where instead of dice you use a deck of cards that you have to cycle through completely and you have to choose when to eat a natural 1 on a skill check

last night i burnt four inspiration re-rolls to make a baby owlbear walk through a door

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RandolphCarter posted:

playing silent hill 2&3 on hard puzzle difficulty really made teenage me feel dumb as hell

I didn't realize you could kill monsters in sh 2 so I kept just beating them down with my plank then loony tuning it away from them

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dreylad posted:

"so i kicked him in the head until he was dead HAW HAW HAW" is in mine. also "why do i live in such a pissant town"

i SERVE the FLAMING FIST

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GIRL BRAINS posted:

*kicking in the door to some peasants cottage and annihilating his house cat with three bolts of pure force* playtime is over

Fuckin lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I dont think the podcast thing would have worked as well with 4e, given that it has way more complicated, fiddly, and slower combat than 5e.

Like, for example, Critical Role has 8 players. For me, 4 player 4e was hard to keep track of with all the overlapping short-term effects, has anyone here ever done 8?

Also, 4e doesn't really have any "total newbie" friendly options, which limits the ability to bring new players in. Champion fighter in 5e is not mechanically good, but I have gotten people playing 5e with that class that would have been utterly lost with any 4e character, especially after like 3rd-4th level.

The first big DND podcast was acquisitions incorporated, the penny arcade guys, playing 4e afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Whirling posted:

Ok but I'm specifically talking about something they made worse than in baseline D&D 5e. Instead of being able to choose a feat (potentially actually fun stuff) and ability score increases (obligatory number-go-up stuff so you can be more accurate/make your spells harder to save against), you have to choose one or the other, which objectively sucks and shouldn't be a thing.

Tavern brawler comes with a +1 they don't mention, which is dope because it's really good by itself