Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

playing timberborn. you play as beavers and you make buildings and gunk up rivers with your stiff wood. it's pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Xaris posted:

Timberborn kicks rear end but it's still early access so I've shelved it. It's just way too easy to burn out during EA and then never play it again. i'll definitely be excited to dredge it out of the basement once it actually hits 1.0

yeah that's extremely fair. I think it took me until spaced out to return to ONI since I burned out on the EA and didn't play it after it launched

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Al! posted:

it turns out building dams and locks is really loving fun, i hope there's boats at some point

I want more buildings that let you stack poo poo. I love making janky skyscrapers with rope bridges everywhere

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Al! posted:

dont forget beavers get good feelings from being near roofs

buildings only get roofs when I've given up trying to add another floor

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's just a fact

your inner child counts too

no, my inner child is an adult

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

timberborn is still good. there are no bad games with terraforming

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that's why you don't like video games

then what am I doing here? gently caress

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

aw frig aw dang it posted:

it's so chill & I like seeing how high up I can get the gravity battery towers

I have been playing iron teeth, so I like putting the gravity batteries on the tops silly stacks of the tall houses they get. I imagine big boxes of rocks creaking outside from swaying rope is soothing to them, the little freaks

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

more like 'farty members'

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I hope you can join the skin bandits in kenshi 2

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I think they have the correct ideology for the wasteland

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

smarxist posted:

there was a game i was excited for for a couple years that was going to try and do more nuanced/interesting city builder than just painting the map, and well

oh god don't remind me of this disappointment

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

smarxist posted:

it's so loving lovely right now, i hate it with my life

this poo poo is loving mind numbing, like who the gently caress thought this was a good interface, to have elements pop on the cursor location, hide information behind the pop, and remove information from the loving thing it just popped!? :psyduck:

look how irritating this loving PICK ME poo poo is to scroll through

https://i.imgur.com/ENcOhjx.mp4

don't have none of that poo poo. linux (or maybe low performance mode) stays winning

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I buy 8 at a time, one for each of my eyes to focus on

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

oh poo poo this isn't the spider forum

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

try holding down the jump button

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

it lets you jump higher

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Augus posted:

from the comparison video in that article the changes are so minor I don’t know why they even bothered, especially when the game is a decade old at this point. A character being sexualized marginally less (but still plenty sexualized) isn’t gonna change anyone’s minds if they weren’t into the game’s hyper-sexualized aesthetic before. Literally the only people who will give a poo poo are that people that are mad at it.

we're all now talking about a decade old game. seems to have a good effect

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

if you don't want your players to cheat, try making your game and multiplayer protocol completely unhackable. loving morons

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Nichael posted:

oh sounds wow sounds bad

that's where you're wrong. it's actually good. the convoluted inventory accentuates the misery you were already experiencing, heightening it to new levels

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Nichael posted:

will this suffering give me penance for my sins?

no, there is no saving you. the delaware is terminal

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

brotato is an extraction shooter where you suck up as much gunk as you can before leaving the map every 30 seconds

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

cautiously stoked

zero caution, full stokage. no way I'll get burned over an anticipated video game

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I don't buy games unless I am going to play them the day I buy them. whenever I make an exception for this, I regret it

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

Been playing Honkai Star Rail since I needed a turn-based RPG fix and it's okayyyyyy. Its biggest crime is that it doesn't let you mash through dialogue.

The best thing going for it seems more like a side feature, a roguelike VR dungeon where your party picks a perk after every fight. The weakness/stagger system is cool; puts a lot of emphasis on party composition and you can stack different kinds of stagger status effects.

I'm worried I'm gonna hit a P2W wall pretty quick because some of the fights are already pretty tough, but I'll enjoy the ride while it's free

yeah I've been playing this too during calls. it's perfectly fine for free peons but it's definitely a mobile game with time gates you're gonna bump into once you get through the main story

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

as for real games I've been playing songs of syx now that it got an update. that game is insane. so much poo poo in it. just a giant wad of city building content

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

what all was in the update? its been awhile since i played it

the big thing is the world map territories are now actual factions with leaders and important people, diplomacy, etc. you can assassinate people, make trade agreements

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

it seems like there's a shitload more but I skipped v62/63 so I don't know what other stuff is new this version or was in the last one

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I will probably grab dave the diver after songs of syx isn't syxing my songs, if you get my drift

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

the arc of history bends towards justice. fo4 came out after fo:nv. therefore, fo4 is more ideal and just than fo:nv. anyone who says otherwise is a tankie and a chud

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

dragging every enemy i down to a second location and furiously asking them if they have stairs in their house

I've been doing this for years anyway just to find safe houses for when jesus returns and the great floods come again

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

david the diver is excellent. people should be nicer to him though. he's trying his best

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I will be playing both and complaining about both, thank you

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

lmao larian

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

they saw an untapped market (bestiality gamers) and they went for it. that's innovation

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

as long as I can gently caress and/or suck a beholder

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Al! posted:

the steam page said october so i guess theyre moving the date up

that's october 2020, when the EA was released. it's not loving confusing

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

why do you have to hit them so many times with a sledgehammer?

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

despite apparently being about an in-person panel, this is too online for me to give a poo poo about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

He's not a bear he's a 1000 years old druid in the body of a bear.

it's only bestiality if it comes from the southern region of France. otherwise it's sparkling cross-species loving