Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

Been playing Signalis, pretty great and a must-play for Resident Evil fans.

Yeah, it's my favorite game since Elden Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hm, did another run of Crying Suns after finishing Yakuza. Those Phalanx ships hit pretty hard, drat. And to get one I have to blow up 4 of them? Seems dubious.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Augus posted:

GoT is still extremely popular, people are eating up that prequel show

There's a sequel?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

Butcher Everywhere

Which reminds me: What happened with Majima around the end of Yakuza3? I ended up rushing through it, but he kind of dropped off even though he had promised to take care of Daigo and the endgame was saving Daigo?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

thank

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I have over 20k games ignored on Steam

At least you had fun making them

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Does the book of starship troopers do stuff with relativity or is that just Forever War

I remember there being a fun book where humanity turns up to genocide some peaceful aliens but by the time the second wave arrives it's been long enough in real time that the aliens have adapted to all their tactics already so every wave keeps showing up to completely different tech or finds that the war is already over or changed.

That's probably just forever war though. I like that book, the only military scifi I've ever read that even attempts to incorporate relativity.

Pretty sure there was none of that. Maybe Alastair Reynolds? Though can't really think of a specific book where the relativistic scale is a main focus. There's Freeze Frame Revolution by Watts, but they never get off the ship.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Did they revert the dumb rear end steam ui overhaul? Buttons aren't jumping at me

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Might get the ai files sequel, is that good? Nothing else really jumping out. Maybe Grounded?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

alarumklok posted:

the big thing is the world map territories are now actual factions with leaders and important people, diplomacy, etc. you can assassinate people, make trade agreements

The arch of history bends towards Dwarf Fortress.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

sorry, cant read this

Activision doesn't want you to read izanami backwards

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

if you cheat in elden ring you should be killed irl

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

How about no

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

skooma512 posted:

The golden age was like 2012, and then with bundles as well.

Since then the race to the bottom price wise has abated. I get it I guess, I didn't see how the practice of most games being sub 20 or sub 10 was sustainable.

I mean it's a lot more sustainable than if everyone just bought the games they'd actually play for 70 bucks.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Haven't gotten anything yet. Maybe the Final Fantasy 7 thing?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

if you're talking about the remake it's good, ignore the grumps itt

Yeah, I'll get it at some point. The only game I have more nostalgia for is Xenogears and they made an entire mid game series to cure me of that.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

"Join me and I'll kill everyone you love and turn you into a lovely goo monster" -Lilith
"This is the most seductive offer I've ever heard" - Every Diablo NPC apparently

is that Kerrigan with a different haircut?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Broke down and bought FF7. Still gonna finish Mask of the Rose first though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

hifi posted:

i think the series is the best of the walking simulator/diorama/light platformer games like paradise killer and jazzpunk

I was really into paradise killer. Are those others worth checking out?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao, I'm pretty sure I bought weapons from that guy in Yakuza.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mask of the Rose is pretty fun so far, I really like the idea of Fallen London, though I could never play it.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Finished Crying Suns with the suicide drone ship. In the end it really didn't have the longevity of FTL. Half way through the story I felt I'd already seen anything the game has to show with all events being repeats and all the special officers just being rare drops from the same events didn't feel great. Plot was whatever. Still, probably the best FTL like?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Duplicate Roadwarden key if anyone wants:
2YEV5-K7KB8-4LYVJ

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

today I learned that strand is german/dutch for beach. kojima is the best.

gently caress
edit: Wait, I didn't think about that, because it's a common English word. what

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I liked the persona that had Hitler's space ship under the city. Was rear end to play though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Everyone is still going to buy the game

I will

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ended up picking up caves of qud, very fun game but i have died in the first 5 minutes of all my runs

It's real good

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah i never got how so many people got past the pallid corpse look

Computer toucher esthetic imo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

quote:

«It's a tulpa»: a blitz interview with Nikolay Dybowski about Franz\r  — Teletype]– What stage of development is Franz at now and when will the game be released?

The game has been finished for a few months now, and no changes have been made to it. Right now, we’re in the process of making a decision on how to represent it in the app marketplaces. It's quite an unusual thing, and it's hard to meet the requirements and the modern standards of mobile applications. This applies to visual design, categorization, and distribution models.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Social distancing level: Godlike

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Idk but Optimus Prime seems to point to the zero point is hurt or is dying.

The zero point is the sentient life-force of the island/reality and is what all the big bads have been after. The popular theory at the moment is the zero point is greatly disminished or dying due repeated attacks on it. The island crumbling hasn't ever occurred and it could be that the zero point is not strong enough to keep the island/reality stable much longer.

Have you thought of pulling the cork out? I hear that helps in those cases

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Why does diablo have seasons now?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't know how to tell you this but Diablo 2 invented the concept of seasons in gaming

Don't remember anything like that, was that a later addition? Haven't touched a Blizzard game since they redid the warcraft 3 plot in starcraft 2.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

I always wanted to see From do a decaying scifi world instead of a fantasy one.

Now I realise that they did that ages ago with armored core, it's bleak af and I love it.

Otoh I'm really having to psyche myself up to actually play 4A lol

E I do like the 3 separate types of boost though, you can go really goddamn fast. It reminds me of the mechs in the starship troopers book, iirc they were meant to just hop around super fast flinging bombs

You could just wait a few weeks and get the new one though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Finished Mask of the Rose. No complaints about the actual writing, but why you'd do a visual novel with no quick saves, a bunch of endings and no skip till unread function is beyond me.
Edit: But it's true to form. Sunless Sea had me use cheat engine to speed the game up.

genericnick has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Jul 22, 2023

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Big Bad Idiot posted:

yes deeper blacks higher contrast increases the ability for your eye to resolve it but human eyes have have a limit.

a 65" 8k screen would need you to sit under 2 feet away with 20/20 vision. it's extremely stupid and sells well to people who have no idea what resolution is

trap sprung

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Finally got around to start ff7r. It's fun and I'm bad at it. Got pretty owned by the first robot boss. Maybe I should try shooting it instead

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

there is no 'south" korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

drat horror queefs posted:

I lived in South Korea for a while and their sexual politics are overall really regressive and lovely. Many Koreans also view homosexuality as a western mental illness and that (true) Koreans just don't do that kind of thing.

Good food though.

I knew a bunch of people who went from Korea to Japan because the work culture was more chill. OK, two.