Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1672293147152470016/pu/vid/1280x720/kGhxfC51SEo9L_1j.mp4?tag=12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

olives black posted:

every star wars game with lightsabers has had to mod in proper gore/dismemberment afaik

jedi knight 2/3 had it in the base game, you just had to enable it through the console

incidentally, they're now playable on your quest/pico, sabering through troopers in VR is so loving amazing

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Palladium posted:

empire watching rodian gangsters with instant hit aimbot rifles: could we use them instead? nah that is too dishonorable

ngl the entire time i was playing fallen order i was thinking "if this was jedi knight i could just bomb those suckers from up here why is this guy so stupid" lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

tenderjerk posted:

do you really have to always be online to play diablo

lol

it's a bad mmo in arpg trappings

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i very rarely buy games that cost over $20, and i don't remember when i last spent more than $40 on a purchase

indie games don't ask for more, aaa ones don't deserve it :shrug:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

olives black posted:

just watched the trailer and yep they deffo aren't doing this, nevermind

don't worry, there will definitely be a mod for it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

A space truckin game could be great if they could resist the urge to license that corny deep purple song
this already exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMjgkV1g1I

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

Is this game about truckin? Looks like just shootin guys. Which I'm not opposed to or anything

the trailer is mostly shooting but the game has pretty good space trucking, and no space trucking song :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

the problem is it'll be too small. doing trade runs in freelancer was cool because the universe was loving huge and sick as hell. some p hostile places

the trick freelancer had was that the ships were all slow af so anywhere without those superhighways that make you fly at 2000 speed even tiny places seem gigantic

e: if you suggest a no-fast-travel game in 2023 people will lynch you tho

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
horrendous as in you don't notice them, or horrendous as in too horrendous to not notice?

because if it's the 2nd it's doing its job lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
well if nothing else it seems like it's really popular so hopefully they'll hire a designer or two to fix the most glaring poo poo up :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
first they came for the panty shots, and i did not speak out

then they came for the gropist, and i did not speak out

then they came for the soviet announcer, and there was nobody else to announce the rest

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

skooma512 posted:

Just induce error 8007000E and Windows will never update again until you reinstall it.

i kept getting this bullshit and it was driving me insane. it kept trying to install a big update while i was playing games causing all sorts of lags, then erroring out

reinstalled and it worked fine, then started getting the same error less than a year later every time until reinstalled again. i finally just stopped bothering and nuked windows altogether 2 years ago lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

Yet here we stand, still posting, 1000 more years of Something Awful

just goes to show community support gets poo poo done

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the new derail valley patch is so amazing holy poo poo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
wasn't mass effect a trilogy
why would there be a 4th game

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Buck Wildman posted:

Mass Gamings - Editor's Note: The Sound of Children Slurring Has Been Removed

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

its bear troll face lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

no shovel, 3/10 for effort

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
when gamers say "political" they mean women, brown, or gay people in their vidya game
entire time dev kept saying "we made it so you can have any combination of character traits and npcs will sometimes even respond to your character creation choices inside the actual game where appropriate"

game journalist: "but does it have politics"

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
as with every twitter feud,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SDYd2e9pT4

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you think beastiality should be represented more? Do you support beastiality?

no and no. i support funny jokes, op

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
what's hosed up is, the funnier joke in that stream was "he's a producer he can fix himself" but nobody talks about that

Al! posted:

i think beastiality should be represented more but i do NOT support it

lmfao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

it's called noclip, zoomers. smdh

only $13.99 on the ubistore

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i wonder how many games have monstrous DRM just so people can't use cheats and have to buy level boosts instead

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
not gonna buy jagged alliance yet because i'm playing nucleares and derail valley right now and next week the monkey island patch drops :v:

also it's already mixed on steam, i'm guessing it needs some hotfixes lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Train Valley 2 is free on Epic Games Store. Go get it.

sorry, too busy playing derail valley

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan posted:

the true final evil of mass effect is the loving council

can't you let the council blow up in first ep?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the "correct" way to play empire earth was on gamespy with "random starting age, 3 ages only, 3-4 players, medium map (which was one of the smaller iirc?)" rules. that way you'd get quick and sweet games, and due to the amount of ages, almost no 2 subsequent games would feature the same units, it was hilariously amazing

also i loved staying in ww1 age every time that was possible because ww1 had partisans that could path through forests and shoot at aircraft with their guns, unlike any other unit in the game, and they were only available in ww1 age. you could completely shut down people by hitting their poo poo randomly through forests, then hiding again

unfortunately lamespy is superdead :rip:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the main thing i remember from undying that it has some really well done monster closets used as jump scares lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the only thing i remember is a silly demo of sof where people got gibbed up real good when you shot them lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Communist Thoughts posted:

tried last epoch since the diablo talk does make me want a new arpg

but its just not the same if your punches arent gibbing and ragdolling enemies and scattering them across the screen like in d3 imo

this starts to happen when your skills start hitting better i think

i had a broken build that did big damage per hit and enemies would just fly off screen when it hit them lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Except if they are wildly successful like eso, wow, ff14, fortnite, or apex

i'm a brokebrain who likes online games and i only started trying them out ~2 years after launch, if they're still alive and review real well, it works great

when you start you have like 200 hours of content in front of you from the base game and all the patches, and then it's just about time for the first expansion lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
last night i was playing sea of thieves and some guy with ship named СЛАВА УКРАИНЕ [sic] started shooting at me from 500m away, hitting every single shot directly on my cannon in spite of the 10+ second cannonball flight time. despite this, i almost sunk the guy because he was supremely bad at managing his boat

in conclusion, NAFOs are so bad they have to cheat in casual pirate games lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i tried to like GTA3, but i played so much multiplayer gta2 that it just didn't land lol

haven't touched a gta since

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Big Bad Idiot posted:

u can download this 1080p image of white and black alternating pixels, which is maximum MTF, and display it on your display and see how far away you have to be to see a grid instead of an even grey. that's the distance you can resolve 1080p. Half that distance and that's 4k. half again is 8k.

uhh, that's not how that works at all. it highly depends on the contrast. try doing a single white pixel on a black screen (highest contrast possible) and see how far you have to be to not see it

in the same vein, the higher the contrast your monitor can deliver, the easier it is to see individual pixels in your grey grid

the bottleneck with LCDs is the trash contrast so going to resolutions higher than 4-5k on a pc monitor is well into diminishing returns. white's kinda ok but black's a dark grey at best unless you get one of those $30k dual lcd layer screens

if we ever get good monitor tech without oled burnin but good contrast like that though, 8k is going to kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lib and let die posted:

the thing i mostly remember about the poe story is that you kill god twice before you get to the endgame

which of course makes it a jrpg

an ajrpg

what's diablo 2 then, you have to kill 9 gods to finish that

e: also part 2 of poe is really just going on a god killing spree, kitava just happens to be the last in the line lol