Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
maybe this is the cope speaking but Starfield is going to bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Red Baron posted:

it’s wild that it took them this long to come up with what will be their most popular game yet. they’re going to make a ton of empty worlds and modders will simply fill in all the empty space for them.

No man's sky beat them to it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

did anyone play the Lego minecraft game? i didn't but my ex's kids did. good to see lego learning from their mistake and throwing in with fortnite instead.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

can you still play as rick sanchez voiced by justin roland in epic games fortnite? I love brands

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

croup coughfield posted:

if you do something actually useful to society you should probably do it. cant relate tho

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

elden ring was good but im middled aged and that poo poo is too long

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I'm playing Tyranny after bouncing off of it multiple times. it's decently okay.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

A Buttery Pastry posted:

isn't "searching for your child" a goal? how is that meaningfully different from searching for the geck?

at one point in diamond city, piper asks you why you're in the wasteland, and the game will not progress unless you choose "saving my boy Shaun"

then seconds later Piper spots your maincharacterness and becomes subordinate

it's a bad game

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

play Twin Snakes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

beat Tyranny. it's the kind of game with multiple paths that you're supposed to play through several times, but I don't know if I will. mild recommend if you know you will like that kind of game.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

is bg3 marxist

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Mr. Lobe posted:

Pentiment came out a few months ago

haven't beaten it yet but i still have not hosed a bear

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

this clip owns but the set up is extremely problematic

rip norm

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's going to own when the social media pocalypse takes down fandom.com. so many video game wikis will be lost.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Truga posted:

i wonder how many games have monstrous DRM just so people can't use cheats and have to buy level boosts instead

they call it games as a service now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

you missed the point of The Boys because it's another slop franchise to make money for your betters

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I heard bg3 was not about bhaalspawn but is it at least about baldur's gate?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Europe must be stopped

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Nichael posted:

Does HumbleBundle ever partner with smaller scale non-profits (like state specific ones)? Or are there similar organizations who might?

itch.io might. they did some George Floyd stuff

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

Visage is a character that imo has always been absurdly powerful but no one in the pro scene can play him well enough to reveal his true power level

She's great but I don't think micro intensive heroes like that will ever be popular

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i mean like broadly popular with the playerbase. pros do pick visage, and are good with it but very few play would play it every game.

except daxak that dude is a monster

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

no better time to reinstall than now. lets get a stack going

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's a very zen experience to do something for 30+ minutes where you dont know if you will enjoy it or not

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

loquacius posted:

Then why in the gently caress did they buy Activision lmao

they'll change their minds in a few years and nothing will be done

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i feel like blizzard is still salty the rmah didn't work out. they had plans for how much insane money it was going to make and it didnt work out, so grudgingly had to shift d3 development into making something good without monetization. that will never be allowed to happen again.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

dota still going strong after 20 years. there's a big saudi tournament this weekend. core gamers stay winning.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

indigi posted:

what does breaking posture mean

it when they wiggle around and the announcer says FINISH HIM

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

evrrart claire just called me a retard

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

is this peoples first blizzard game or what ? that company suuuucks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Curiously enough, Thud4 is a UI mod rather than some kind of tricksy collection of cheats and exploits, offering different overlays you can tinker with that do things like track your resources and missed items. It's not totally innocent, mind you: I suspect Blizzard isn't keen on its ability to reveal dungeon maps before you've explored them, but even that seems a relatively minor sin compared to some of the hacks that plague other online games.

if only someone had seen this coming

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

can't let perfect be the enemy of good etc. etc.

I like ds2 but I can understand reasons people don't. they're wrong tho but i can understand.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i bought ds2 at launch and hated it and never got past No man's wharf. it wasn't until i got older, wiser, more handsome, that i came to appreciate it as a dark souls arcade game.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

TontoCorazon posted:

Is the Dark Souls switch port decent? I'd like to play it when I'm on vacation and need to keep things portable

it's okay, but i'd take the pc port. the switch port has a few issues like a hardcoded B button for confirm in menus and Nintendo Online will nag you if you don't have it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

no. 1 tip for dark souls 2 is to coop for Pursuer, buy the cat ring with his souls, and get the Ring of Evil Eye from the bottom of the well

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

bold of them to compete with Dota 2 patch 7.34 releasing the same day. but competition is good for the industry.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

is the bear you gently caress in bg3 the same bear as in bg2:ee

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

100%ing Skyrim is a fool's errand you fool. also it's not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

getting pretty good at Obra Dinn. got like 6 guys in a row, all drowned by beast. the end is in sight.