Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Fortnite seems fun. Played a few matches with one of the Mega64 guys. We won but I think it was against bots so I will not be claiming gamer cred for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I haven't triggered any polycule plotlines in Baldurs Gate yet so I must not be very far but I am enjoying it. Made a necromancer because necromancers own but haven't really unlocked any cool necromancer stuff yet

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

Baldur's Volcel

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Is this politics

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The squid guys in the opening are social democrats. Won't be expanding on this.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

oh also I walked in on a bugbear and an ogre loving in a barn and they got upset so I had to kill them that's my trip report so far

Been reading about a lot of situations like this. Wasn't expecting there to be so much lame sex comedy. Concerning

Communist Thoughts posted:

All the bg3 npcs I've met so far perfectly replicate the kine of annoying npcs the dm makes and you desperately want to leave behind

Is there an option for custom party members like Pathfinder because I think I hate all these people lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

Sounds like you should get good

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh I didn't realise it had karmic dice, gently caress that

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

drat hard times for reddit user.... uh...... therightwhite

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

More fantasy games should about killing the all powerful but also uncaring abusive gods. Only ones I can think of are God of War and those German mods for Oblivion and Skyrim

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh I've been using the worm option everytime it comes up. I'm sure there won't be consequences

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

RandolphCarter posted:

I don’t have to spend a minute casting a dozen buffs before every fight in bg3 so it is infinitely better

Yup!!! I love Pathfinder but that gets really tedious

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Christian DnD

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gonna establish a CHAZ once I get to Baldurs Gate

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I have to feed my cool magic poo poo to this dumb wizard pervert to keep him around? Oh, yeah, deffo doing that. Just gonna take him for a walk in the woods first for no reason

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lostconfused posted:

What's the point of rolling a low int character if there are no low int dialogue options?

Realism (for you [not me])

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

How did the Wayne family get rich anyway. I assume originally they owned factories or railroads or whatever. Those things don't exist anymore so what makes modern Batman the big bucks

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Real time with pause is an unplayable mess and I'm so glad they didn't go with it.

Skill issue (that I agree with)

RTWP is a godsend for trash fights though. Haven't noticed any in Baldurs Gate 3 yet but imagining Pathfinder without the seamless toggle and shuddering. Pillars 2 being strictly one or the other was bad enough

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

There is an issue in the 80s that has a reporter confronting Bruce Wayne about his fortune being built on arms manufacturing.

I think since it is supposed to be a mix of finance, pharmaceutical, land ownership, and "advanced tech".

Wayne Industries selling Batarangs to the Contras lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I met my first drow and realised they're even worse than I thought from cultural osmosis (never played much DnD). Very tempted to start over as one now, being evil ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

im gonna go full tadpole when i play, which i think is evil? not sure. but i do want tadpoles

Seems pretty evil. The goblins are all way more likeable than the dweebs in the druidic polycule though

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

can you not kill the goblins. i generally get along with goblins

I think so yeah, you can use parasite powers (not collecting rent cheques, the tadpole mind control thing) to walk around peacefully in all their camps and I got an option to side with the drow at the druid hangout fight. Didn't take it because the party member who seems to worship an evil god thought I was hosed up and switched sides though. Don't know it gets all 'but thou must' after that

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mfw the 'We should bang' option appears while talking to a drow

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

60% miss 60% miss 60% miss

drat I've been meaning to finally finish XCOM guess this is close enough

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

GIRL BRAINS posted:

*kicking in the door to some peasants cottage and annihilating his house cat with three bolts of pure force* playtime is over

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

studs n chuds posted:

disintegrating the tavern wench after she makes a snide comment about my helm

Al! posted:

i put on my mask as soon as i leave camp, and dont take it off until ive locked the tent flap behind me

Lpzie posted:

*casting hex on myself* i dunno who keeps spending a spell slot doing this to me

studs n chuds posted:

digging through the camp latrine to gather data on cackle fever outbreaks

Buck Wildman posted:

my apothecary refuses to cast magic armor before selling me healing potions

Al! posted:

using all my spell slots and alchemy ingredients to cast protection from disease on myself and accidentally casting petrify on my bloodstream instead

Lpzie posted:

*casting Sending to wizards, showing them an image of their towers* This you? The local Arcana and Divine paths uniquely identify your lodgings. I would be more careful showing people your slotted spells.

lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

elf at the local market stall made a joke about my robe, asking if I was a necromancer, so I sacrificed his soul to Lolth

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Atoramos posted:

Just beat Hardspace: Shipbreaker and I don't know if I've played a more C-Spam game.

Join a debt-enslaved hard-working blue collar workforce, just as useless administrators make the job unfulfilling and hellish until you're pushed to start industrial action against the company, and their reaction results in the union successfully getting regulation to restore basic human rights

Sounds cool but when do you start collecting rental income

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Siding with the goblins and attacking the druids felt really messed up in a good way lol. Really just miserable evil poo poo. Was shocked they didn't let me Anakin Skywalker that cave full of kids myself. One of the few times in RPGs where being a bad guy actually felt good

RandolphCarter posted:

yes but if you can change your appearance they’ll talk to you

Woah what. drat I missed out on a lot of characters I wanted to talk to. Though to be fair it's really their fault for getting killed by me

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The big spider guy with all the eyes.... could do without anymore closeups of him

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

you get to whip out insanely sick evil lines on the guy you betray to his face at the gate. as dark urge you get to pwn a child when you first walk into kahga's room or w/e then dunk on their parents. also as dark urge (think anybody can do it but dark urge gets the hilarious jack the ripper dialogue) theres a graveyard of ppl that end up dying in the druid place and you can desecrate their graves lmfao.

'At least you'll die before the goblins get to the children' lol hell yeah, that was such a hosed line

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

exciting days ahead, work on an appearance respec mod has begun: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/899

Oh good

Buck Wildman posted:

does drow gear that have that baloney where it loses its magic in daylight I haven't gotten that far yet

I found a set of prefaded armour but I don't think the regular stuff takes debuffs? Not that I've noticed anyway

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Tiler Kiwi posted:

they should have a kobold companion that, on levelup, just adds another level one kobold until you get 12 of them

Yup

Best Friends posted:

lol.

I can’t believe drow are still a thing. yes their current origin story is not pure racism but their original story sure was (they became evil so their skin color turned dark). should just remove them from the setting entirely imo.

True but also you get a lot of very funny evil dialogue as drow so I guess racism ftw? Disappointed but what can you do

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

video game writers read a single book challenge

Challenge completed (it's Ready Player One)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Based solely on my experience being through videogames I gotta say, Hilary Clinton and Obama ftmfw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The weird audio issues in dialogue are funny. It's like badly disguised ADR but for games

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

You ever see that GDC talk by some Destiny uppity up talking about how making good video games is overdelivery and quality doesn't matter? That's the real future of gaming

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Sadly we are in crackpinged hellword in this, TYOOL 2023

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

from counter programming against starfield is brave but im looking forward to both games

Starfield is gonna be the worst videogame I ever play for 200 hours, I can't wait lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

lol loving bungie

It's psychotic lol (and he's basically right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLbvMWEAoyY