Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Death Stranding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

...Nichael

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

win11 has the ability to reboot pc whenever it wants no asking and can even wake a hibernated laptop to update it without asking.

Microsoft ftw

I like when SQL server management studio crashes itself to install an update

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ok croup you convinced me i'm gonna do my next ticket then gently caress off and play games for the rest of the day

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's honestly better for everyone if the emails don't go out today

i've gotten into the habit of telling people irl that i, personally, am responsible for the emails

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

all the stuff after anor londo is good. but i liked the bed of chaos fight so im hosed up

bed of chaos seems to be one of those fights that mostly upsets the chad alpha fromsexual players that aren't willing to just glitch the boss by saving and reloading

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

docbeard posted:

A jumping puzzle fight in a game with Dark Souls 1 controls is a bit cruel but Lost Izalith having been thrown together in about ten minutes because they ran out of time was the real problem with that part of the game.

Still fun tho

I didn't play remaster but the only way I ever fought Bed was by killing one side with a bow, save and exit, kill the other side with a bow, save and exit, then run up the middle and kill the worm thing

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I would not get hit even once if I tried that. Try not getting hit hth

This, OP

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

who do you think is gonna be the company that buys out battlebit and ruins it with games as a service bullshit? im thinking ea is somewhere between an acquisition and a lawsuit and i think microsoft is probably waving comically large briefcases full of money in front of the dev office

Konami announcing its return to the realm of video games with the acquisition of battlebit

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

Embracer ain't buying poo poo anytime soon lol

It's cool that when acquisitions happen there are layoffs and when acquisitions don't happen there are layoffs

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

There was a recent fortnite exploit that let people get a free old cash cosmetic set. Epic patched the exploit and removed the cosmetic set from everyone who didn't pay. It was easy for them to do. No bans.

bungie seems to have given up on crucible cheaters lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i also didnt get the Giant Dad mask from Pinwheel, so this now means im on a cursed run

restart

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

also just run past poo poo to get to pinwheel

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

you don't need 'em anyway

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

true, ive already maxed out two weapons and hit my soft cap for strength. Only thing left to level up is my vig/end

see, this is why you always sequence break straight into pinwheel to see if you're gonna have a good run or not

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

how much longer is the current PoE season running for

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

there are only 2 types of games now, games with pvp and David cage games

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i feel like blizzard is still salty the rmah didn't work out. they had plans for how much insane money it was going to make and it didnt work out, so grudgingly had to shift d3 development into making something good without monetization. that will never be allowed to happen again.

All those gains will be unrealized...just like tears in the rain

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

even knowing what this is about, this doesn't help lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the milk machine posted:

who said i was trying to help :twisted:

gang gang

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

That's how you get ghosts. Do you want ghosts??

I want a ghost, it would be cool to have infinite lives

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hatebag posted:

Go find patches and he'll help you out

He always does. Such a helpful fellow!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yup

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Need to get Kirby in here to post about PoE lore and LALD in here to post about Destiny 2 lore.

I punch the space baddies to death. What's to lore?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Destiny 2 basically went the Goku route. The space rhinos are our friend now, the space roach people are our friends now, and the main bad guy is All The Namekians

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

What about the space robot goblins?

My main criticism of Destiny 2 factions remains that we're expected to kill legions of mostly worker vex. Military units only ever show up as big bosses.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'll still play that slop, though

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

if gundam games want to be good, they should just be new gundam breaker games (not New Gundam Breaker)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i used to do this a bunch in Battlefield games when i got too stressed and just wanted to smoke and laugh at my dipshit teammates

lotta fun, got to see some wildly dumb ppl but also some really cool rambo poo poo where one guy takes on a tank and 3 guys and still wins

you were playing metal gear solid

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

also bring back Game Genie

they killed game genie so they could sell cheat codes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ninja gaiden had a ninja dog mode that you could play on that would unlock if you died a bunch of times, and it would insult you through the whole playthrough if you chose it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

turn off your monitors

1080p, always off. The old man gave it to me...gently caress 'im.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the thing i mostly remember about the poe story is that you kill god twice before you get to the endgame

which of course makes it a jrpg

an ajrpg

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Truga posted:

what's diablo 2 then, you have to kill 9 gods to finish that

no no, not different gods, you just kill god, twice.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

alternatively, it's all maps. the whole game is maps.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

I finished the Italian campaign of Age of Empires 2. This one is about Francesco Sforza, a condottiero who fought his way into becoming the Duke of Milan, and how he got there.

(tangentially, I had, as a child, read about Caterina Sforza, his grand-daughter, and her conflict with Cesare Borgia, but the story of Francesco was new history to me)

I had written about the Italians before in a multiplayer context

relative to the Byzantines, whose campaign I previously completed, the Italians lack the final Spearman upgrade, which means they're stuck at Pikemen rather than Halberdiers. Since the Italians also lack access to camels, this makes them especially vulnerable to other factions with very strong cavalry

this became an issue in the final mission of the campaign, where one of the enemies you have to deal with are Franks, who specialize in cavalry and have especially powerful Paladins - it was an uphill battle to fight them off

otherwise, the Italians have cheaper gunpowder units, meaning I could use Bombard Cannons instead of Trebuchets for sieging down buildings and walls, and their unique unit, the Condottiero, which has a bonus against gunpowder units, was well-suited to fighting off other Italian factions and their hand cannoneers. And so while their "trash units" are weaker/more expensive than the Byzantines, their gold-cost units are that much stronger

the campaign also featured water battles on at least two maps, which I had not had to contend with before, but learned quickly

there was one mission that had a great gimmick: you started off in one town with a number of available military production buildings, but no villagers - there were three towns that started the game as hostile to you, but if you managed to break in and deliver a Relic to their Monastery, they would convert to your side and send you a scripted trickle of wood/food/gold. So the mission starts off as a no-base-building challenge where you have to carefully husband your forces, but after you capture at least one town you're able to transition into a more traditional mode of building up troops and making moves without needing to micro every individual unit. It's a nice compromise between the full shebang of having a Town Center and villagers and needing to develop a whole economy.

loving italians

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lostconfused posted:

Now my only question is what are the ways of breaking homing/tracking.

oh you got target locked? git gud

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

there is no 'south" korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shhh, don't disrupt the students while class is in session. I believe you're familir with the lesson plan - the same regiment you went through in Liberia.

Effective program. Just look how you turned out. Of course, running it in the real world just got a bit too complicated.

Doing it virtually, though? No fuss, no muss. Straight to the brain - it's like a dream.

Well, maybe "dream" is the wrong word.

They do kill some POWs...some civilians...They enjoy it though. We give their pleasure centers a nice big jolt every time