Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

fresh meat :wink:

did they seriously reuse the butcher again in D4?

He's in every Diablo game except 2, including the lovely mobile game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

dont know if im gonna play battlebit or dark souls when i get home

finished anor londo so now its all downhill, but ive never actually beaten dark souls so maybe i should stick it out and rush to the end

Aside from bed of chaos it's all pretty good, just not as good as the first half.

I also hate the crystal caves for that interminably long invisible bridge to the boss, but, just don't ever die and you'll only have to do it once.

Also, if you haven't done the DLC sections yet, there are some highlights there too. (The DLC is obligatory if you ever play/intend on playing DS3)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Baldur's gate belongs to the nords

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Grey Fox posted:

Todd Howbard

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

a.lo posted:

Starfield is only gonna have 4 romanceable characters, huh? That's low, but fine depending on how the romance story presented. Though I haven't heard anything about whether or not every character is available for any gender of the player character or if it's specific gender/sexual attraction.

Within 24 hours of Starfield's release there will be hundreds of mods catering to every fetish imaginable so the base game's dating availability is not going to matter.

You want non-gender-specific dating sims.

I want a fully nude Garfield with a mudcrab for a face and a huge hairy dick.

We are not the same.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Nix Panicus posted:

Neat. I played Clock Tower on the PS1 as a kid, which I guess is Clock Tower 2? Memory says it was creepier than Resident Evil but also made even less sense. It seems like something that would work better as a side scroller than a 3D game

Yeah the PS1 game was actually the second but released as just "clock tower" in the west.

The first clock tower is probably the only snes game that ever actually scared me irl. The good/true ending is probably impossible without a guide but that's relatively normal for old obtuse adventure games. Anyway I recommend it if you like horror games

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Noo9xXKf8

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Lol. Somewhere out there, Zack Parsons felt an immense amount of psychic relief without knowing why.

(These are the devs that made battle raper, battle raper 2, and rapelay, among other infamous titles)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Clay less

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Epic High Five posted:

I think Monster Sanctuary may be the world's first Marvel Heroesmon game. You can pick a frog as your starter and I named mine Croaku, my plan is to see if I can make a party that does nothing but stacking DoTs and debuffs because this game has a lot of them

You definitely can

I picked the lion starter and did a burn stacking team for most of the game (switched to a crit damage team in the last few zones)

damn horror queefs has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Jul 18, 2023

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
There are a lot of different types and synergies so don't worry about finding the right team at first, just use the ones that look cool.

It's also fairly forgiving to level up new monsters. I was changing my units fairly regularly even near the end of the storyline - the variety of viable team compositions is one of the real strong suits of the game.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Bones! Walking bones!!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I never feel more alienated from the mainstream than when I see how many people buy GTA games.

Hey kids? Wanna play a 150 hour long Scorsese movie penned by a bunch of West Coast techie dullards with room temperature iqs? Do you crave mediocre car races and barely serviceable third person shooting action? WELL I HAVE THE GAME FOR YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Meanwhile I am sipping matcha (tea) and eating from my pinku bento (pink lunch box) in my yukata (bathrobe) while playing Yakuza (gangster) games like an adult :smug:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Al! posted:

the boring modern day miami

Running over several pedestrians = one star

Expressing support for Cuba = two stars, shoot on sight

Putting a dress on your male pc = five stars, SWAT helicopters and tanks en route

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Xaris posted:

maybe but everyone constantly talks about GTA 5, vice, 4, tommy, san andreas, whatever non-stop like they're a disney star wars that dominants all pop culture discourse non-stop. rarely hear anyone talk about how good sleeping dogs is

That's because most people have taste for poo poo, op.

(also the plot of sleeping dogs is a bit of a mess but it's still better than any GTA game made to-date)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Stupid Boxes posted:

ohhhh nooooooo

Haven't played remnant 2 yet but the dialogue for remnant 1 wasn't very good either.

The story was kinda interesting in broad strokes, and the gameplay was shockingly good (IMHO, the best non-fromsoft souls game I've played), but I skipped a lot of the cutscenes and character interactions

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Agnostalgia posted:

Does remnant's gameplay work better in coop? I played the first one back when it came out and refunded it after beating the first boss, I'm always shocked by the praise I see since I thought it was one of the worst soulslikes I've played.

Yes it is definitely better with friends. Some of the gimmick bosses are incredibly annoying to solo. But, as another poster said, if you didn't like the first then you probably wouldn't like the second (I hear it's pretty similar)

It probably also helped that I went into remnant 1 with rock-bottom expectations

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Homeless Friend posted:

im at work drawing sens fortress out by memory and lolling about being able to do this on my deathbed

I could do the same with Asahina castle, probably.

We got that good fromsoft brain damage, bud :respek:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm bashing through AC4A at the moment and it's fast paced as gently caress, looks like the new one will be a lot slower which is a shame but definitely for the best.

My biggest peeve with ac4 is that yes, you're actually moving way too loving fast for a lot of the game.

I miss the clunky, heavy feeling of the old ac1/2 mechs and I'm really glad that ac6 won't be quite as fast as 4 :corsair:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Innocent gamers pwnd by Gaben once again smh hate to see it

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I... I think I hate Remnant 2.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Real hurthling! posted:

my friend is trying to explain some korean gamer drama to me and i dont understand anything except that incels stormed a dev studio and forced them to fire a woman they didnt like but all the proper names are like odyssey of generic thing and i coundnt follow him

Basically the devs (project moon) have a mobile game. Gatcha games generally appeal to the lowest common denominator and typically have a ton of virtual big titty waifus for morons to spend real money on.

Often, they use summer as an excuse to make costumes for pre-existing characters to better showcase their big titty waifus.

The devs released a swimsuit costume for a male character but didn't release a swimsuit for one of the female characters, so a bunch of chuds helldumped one of the artists who posted somewhere 6 or 7 years ago that she was a fan of some feminist pop group.

iirc artist got fired and the devs apologized to the chuds because they are cowards

Edit:

turn off the TV posted:

she tweeted that all men in korea should be killed and was apparently a member of an organization advocating universal male abortion so think this may actually an incel vs femcel situation

Lol well that's a little more extreme than I'd read but, ehhh, she's right

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I lived in South Korea for a while and their sexual politics are overall really regressive and lovely. Many Koreans also view homosexuality as a western mental illness and that (true) Koreans just don't do that kind of thing.

Good food though.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

genericnick posted:

I knew a bunch of people who went from Korea to Japan because the work culture was more chill. OK, two.

Yeah lol people moving TO Japan to escape their hellish crushing misery under unchecked capitalism says a lot about just how bad things are in South Korea.

OTOH, they have incarcerated every (iirc?) prime minister they've ever had after they left office / were impeached since the country shifted from military dictatorship to an ostensible democracy, so the west still has much to learn from them.

Anyway - video games. Finally started Re8 last week and it's good. That's all I got.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Hatebag posted:

If the mel gibson character did in fact call someone sugar tits that's some powerful kojima precognition re: mel Gibson's dui where he called a cop sugar tits

Kojima is from the future and just likes loving with us

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Maliketh is a good boy

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It was cool that they pulled off another Artorias but let you hang out with him first. I was really glad to have collected all the death roots before the fight since you got some unique dialog from it.

Huh that's an interesting point - he's basically a literal fusion of sif and artorius. He's the dog with tragically unfailing loyalty to his former master while also a knight consumed by the very evil he was trying to protect the world from.

Lol. Get some new material miyazaki!!

(Jk I love the maliketh fight)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Shenmue walked so that Yakuza could run

Shenmue looked for sailors so that Yakuza could find adult diaper fetishists

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

my bony fealty posted:

ds2 is the best because it has the redhead lady saying bearer of the curse seek seek lest

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Ds2 is the worst ds though SORRY 2 ALL LOSERS AND HATERS 4 UR BAD TASTE

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Al! posted:

just had a funny thought about Midnight Suns, when i played it on a free weekend i just felt embarrassed for it. like man you couldve been good but you're out here looking foolish

Idk that's like looking at a turd on the sidewalk and getting sad that it used to be food.

It was Destined to be poo poo

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Simps paying to beta test a game getting what they pay for

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Al! posted:

jedi knight 2 on quest was great up until i got to the level with all the snipers. easy on a mouse but when youve got to make a 500m sniper shot within a second before they hitscan headshot you has stopped my progress

Just turn on noclip on the console and skip the section. You should already be playing with realistic saber combat enabled so a little extra cheating won't ruin your experience.

I always used noclip for the Jedi knight 3 tatooine level because it's too loving long

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Al! posted:

wait how do i turn on noclip in vr

Oh you're playing in VR, I have no idea then. I played the original jk2 on pc like 15 years ago, and there were lots of fun cheats via console commands.

I hope the vr version has realistic saber combat enabled, otherwise, gently caress what a waste.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
This is what I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FSvFrRxOE

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Oh that is just lovely :allears:

First time I've ever been tempted to get a vr set

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
https://twitter.com/Toasty_xo/status/1686774790957473792

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Having beaten dos2 and after seeing that clip, the only conclusion I can come to is that one or more writers at Larian think it's absolutely hilarious when adorable animals are brutalized in the most insane ways imaginable.

Belgians are hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I laughed though. I'm curious if she hadn't rolled a natural 20 if the squirrel would have just been knocked away instead of exploding into a shower of gore