Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

howdy folks - there has not been one of these since 2019 from what I can tell. covid took a lot of things from us but it's time to bring this little bit of joy back.

it is admittedly very late into the fray and as we get closer to free agency day, a lot of news is likely to come out in the coming week about where folks are going. free agency begins Friday, June 30 at 6pm EST and I am sure by 6:00 PM, things are going to be a-jumping and a-bumping on twitter.

so let's say everyone has until June 29th - Thursday night - at 12:00 AM EST to submit a response

SUBMISSIONE ARE CLOSED!

there are 25 of the top free agents listed, you also get 5 wild card options where you provide a player not already listed and name where they go (can not use your wildcards to predict re-signings). going to take tanglewood1420's scoring system:

quote:

1 point for correctly guessing a player resigns with their current team (e.g. Fred VanVleet to the Raptors)
2 points for correctly guessing a player signing for a new team (e.g. Fred VanVleet to the Bulls)
5 points for a correct wildcard pick - name a player not included in the listed 25 and predict the new team they sign for - you cannot guess a wildcard player to stay on their current team (e.g. Kevin Love to the Kings is a valid prediction; Kevin Love to the Heat is not and you will receive 0 points for it plus you'll be named and shamed in the responses list at the end)

good luck friends

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I sent mine in. I expect to hold down last place

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so someone submitted a response that a player will remain UN-SIGNED and just to provide clarity on that now rather than later, if you pick someone to be UN-SIGNED at the end of FA, you will get 2 points for that one. predicting their new team as no team counts

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Thanks for running this!

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
please track submission dates so we can shame all the cowards. real learned doctors and gurus mash Submit immediately, sans remorse or regret

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

rivetz posted:

please track submission dates so we can shame all the cowards. real learned doctors and gurus mash Submit immediately, sans remorse or regret

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Legit not even sure if my wildcards are even free agents or just non-guaranteeds for next season lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rivetz posted:

sounds like a lot of effort

thank you to all 8 posters so far who have joined in on the fun

pizzaclown
Oct 17, 2012
I love lurking and making horrible predictions

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

pizzaclown posted:

I love lurking and making horrible predictions

hell yeah you lurkers are the ones powering us to a healthy 14 submissions so far. maybe the time has come for you to stop being a lurker and start being a Poster :hmmyes:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

up to 15, let's break 20 folks, I know there are 5 of you out there dying to flex your superiority over the other goon nerds

29.5 hours to go until our submission deadline ends

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Aye Doc posted:

up to 15, let's break 20 folks, I know there are 5 of you out there dying to flex your superiority over the other goon nerds

29.5 hours to go until our submission deadline ends

Just submitted.

I’m going to end up in the middle like everything else.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Joined!

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

poo poo posted some picks

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I will cobble together some darts to huck at a board before midnight strikes.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Put my picks in the other day. Ready to finish dead last.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Well I got one wrong at least and one right on a technicality?

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

drat I knew I should have waited til the last minute!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

only coward wait

6 hours and change left folks, let's see those picks

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n3wzUHJCMdoaCnTAlQOWonS1OEURt34VSE6Ur0q6i3w/edit#gid=1741369629

here's everyone's responses. some of y'all did Not read that note about re-signings not counting for wildcard points smh. got some great guesses including China, Greece someplace, and a trash can. idk how long this will end up running before we dole out some points but I'll make updates once a decent amount of stuff is made official

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Finding 5 FAs not listed in the top 25 that also seemed probable to change teams was rough lol.

Also I misspelled Yuta as Yuri, dunno how. But yay, 1 correct wild card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hey bet yall thought i forgot about this poo poo and yes mostly - anyway here's the 'final' scores, some dudes still aren't signed and don't have their final destination settled but there's been enough.

as you can see (everyone is listed in order of submitting their predictions): waiting until the end makes you both a coward and a winner. including the scores without wildcards just because so few people actually hit any - 11 wildcard hits out of 115 submissions, shameful. some of you folks also listed re-signings as wildcard options, STRICTLY VERBOTEN, and rip to the one person who put Blank for Naz Reid and did not get the free point. shame

code:
NAME			TOTAL	SCORE W/O WILDCARDS
Aye Doc			12	12
dejan bimble		16	16
Metapod			12	12
Giggs			10	10
xbilkis			17	17
rivetz			28	23
Chronicles 		21	11
Shrimp or Shrimps	20	20
gnoma			11	11
Panzeh			20	20
Algund Eenboom		2	2
slave to my cravings	19	14
Hashtag Banterzone	25	25
Pizzaclown		20	20
DeimosRising		18	18
Nystral 		21	16
Rick			17	17
Telluric Whistler	19	14
Scotlander		22	22
Alfred P. Pseudonym	25	20
R.D. Mangles		29	24
kalensc			41	31
Carlosologist		21	16
congratulations to
1st place - kalensc, who cheated
2nd place - R.D. Mangles, who cheated
3rd place - rivetz, a brave soul who submitted early and was still competitive. truly a hero