Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I have a family member who passed away a couple of days ago and I'm trying to get into their phone so I can get access to their address book/contact list and their email for financial account information so that I can start getting their estate sorted out and get people informed of her passing that I have no other way of reaching.

Unfortunately due to a a messy breakup and subsequent stalking by someone who is better off as worm food, she had upped her security on her tablet and phone. She went from a 4 digit pin to the android pattern lock screen and though she showed me the pattern a couple months ago in case I needed it, I have loving forgotten it. And I've checked with all of her close friends, none of them know either and they also need phone numbers because apparently there are people to contact that even I'm not aware of. It is a loving mess and dealing with this while riding the edge of an emotional breakdown is not fun, lemme tell ya.

Is there a way to bypass the android pattern lock screen and go to back to the security pin? Is there something that can crack the pattern lock?

(I know this probably wouldn't be a kosher thing, but I'm hoping for a bit of forgiveness since these are kind of extenuating circumstances)

EDIT: Other possibly relevant things are I don't think this phone or her tablet have ever been synced to a computer, she did effectively everything from her phone. I don't think the google account used on this phone and tablet were ever accessed on a computer or if they were, the google account hasn't been logged into since she upped her security on everything.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

poo poo, I suck and this should have been in the tech support forum. I am great at this, A+, no notes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
You probably want to try this: https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/6357590?hl=en

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Thank you, I'm probably going to need that at some point if I can't get into the phone because she changed her gmail password into some ridiculously long string of numbers and letters that is just making GBS threads on her ex in leet speak, but I really need access to her phone itself if at all possible. And this is still a very recent thing that happened, they haven't even issued a certificate of death yet (actually, as of right now they haven't even issued a cause of death), so I won't be able to send that to them.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 26, 2023

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Elmnt80 posted:

I have a family member who passed away a couple of days ago and I'm trying to get into their phone so I can get access to their address book/contact list and their email for financial account information so that I can start getting their estate sorted out and get people informed of her passing that I have no other way of reaching.

Unfortunately due to a a messy breakup and subsequent stalking by someone who is better off as worm food, she had upped her security on her tablet and phone. She went from a 4 digit pin to the android pattern lock screen and though she showed me the pattern a couple months ago in case I needed it, I have loving forgotten it. And I've checked with all of her close friends, none of them know either and they also need phone numbers because apparently there are people to contact that even I'm not aware of. It is a loving mess and dealing with this while riding the edge of an emotional breakdown is not fun, lemme tell ya.

Is there a way to bypass the android pattern lock screen and go to back to the security pin? Is there something that can crack the pattern lock?

(I know this probably wouldn't be a kosher thing, but I'm hoping for a bit of forgiveness since these are kind of extenuating circumstances)

A phone that lets you use pattern lock is probably old, which one is it? there are exploits for older versions of android that might work for this.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I think it may be a Nokia X100. She also has a Vortex Tab8 tablet that most likely uses the same pattern on its lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
unfortunately for those unless she left adb debugging on, the best you can do to get the contact information is to use the google request, or if she was in a group phone plan in something like T-Mobile and one of them has full permissions, they can check the call/text log, not that would tell the names of who they are. if her sim card has no pin, you can also put it on a different phone and wait for texts/reply to or try recovering website/phone carrier app password and check logs there.

other things to try: if she had a chromecast with google tv/nvidia shield you can open whatever google's latest video chat app is and check the contact list, as for computers, you mentioned she did everything from phone/tablet, but did she use a computer in recent past? if so and it isn't encrypted you should be able to use something like autopsy on its drive to recover temporary internet files and maybe one of them might be google contacts or a contact list.