Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasty Old Randy
Sep 5, 2017

Im Nasty
Marge Simpson with a huge massive sagging udder yelling "ooohhhhh milllk me Homer PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MILK MEEE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

DICKS!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This is a pretty good ScobblyMan

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Every time I win an argument or discussion my brain immediately says, “gently caress you Baltimore.” Unfortunately my mouth says it sometimes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO83gAYHLWs

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Please no air horns or jake brakes.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

The Goldfinger theme song, but replacing the Gold in Goldfinger's name with Butt.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Every time I win an argument or discussion my brain immediately says, “gently caress you Baltimore.” Unfortunately my mouth says it sometimes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO83gAYHLWs

lol gently caress you baltimore pops into my head at least once a week.

also, at least we're not detroit!

we're not detroit!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

When the baltimore one pops in my head, it's followed by the AFSCME one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27kDtIoL1L4

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
In a high building? Hrmm wonder what would happen if I just jumped.

Near a moving train ? What would happen if I just stepped in front of it

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
And everything is gonna be fine
As long as you see the little Meriden sign
So you'd better keep your eyes on the road
And look for the sign that's the color of a toad

(my mom & I made many Greyhound trips between Massachusetts & New York when I was a kid, and I made this song up after one trip where the driver got lost on the highway)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

blight rhino posted:

musical tinnitus.

quiet at night and I hear random music from far away. the genres vary greatly. but sometimes it sounds like the Sims playing music.
i can pick up the beat, and general type of music, but nothing more. and it doesn't go away, easily

I think this is the pattern recognition parts of our brains searching for stuff. I get this all the time with white noise, flowing water, the sound of an air conditioner, just about every background noise has a familiar melody or rhythm in it that your brain is essentially constructing.

Anyway, Apple's Bee

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Seen any....elves?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Hollismason posted:

This is a well-known phenomenon called the call of the void, and I swear I read some pop psychology article that it exists to keep us back from ledges and other dangerous places, since we don’t normally fall or lunge unexpectedly from solid footing, but the brain still sees the danger and interprets it as a “what if I suddenly jumped off without even thinking about it? Better stay back just to be safe.”

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Sucrose posted:

This is a well-known phenomenon called the call of the void, and I swear I read some pop psychology article that it exists to keep us back from ledges and other dangerous places, since we don’t normally fall or lunge unexpectedly from solid footing, but the brain still sees the danger and interprets it as a “what if I suddenly jumped off without even thinking about it? Better stay back just to be safe.”

i get this same sensation on the interstate but it makes me want to look up at the sky while i'm driving and it gives me vertigo.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Hollismason posted:

Sucrose posted:

ive had a thought like that before when i was headed uphill in my compact car on a 55+ two lane highway with a semi hauling tons of lumber coming fast downhill at me like "yeah if i went into their lane i could die instantly"

i have a similar kind of thought when im driving and see cyclist like "if i even come close to making contact with them they could die in an instant"

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

what would happen if I put my car in park while on the freeway. I should take my seat belt off and find out.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
it sucks poo poo when people take specific and valuable psychological terms and water them down to uselessness. intrusive thoughts aren't lolrandom monkeycheese bullshit, intrusive thoughts are like your brain generating shock site images unique and relevant to you in whatever context would upset you the most, to the point where you avoid these contexts just to avoid the thoughts. like never ever holding a baby, because when you do, you graphically imagine throwing it to the ground and causing severe injury to it.

please just come up with a different new term for "goofy idea or repetitive phrase that spontaneously comes to mind"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Turpitude II posted:

it sucks poo poo when people take specific and valuable psychological terms and water them down to uselessness. intrusive thoughts aren't lolrandom monkeycheese bullshit, intrusive thoughts are like your brain generating shock site images unique and relevant to you in whatever context would upset you the most, to the point where you avoid these contexts just to avoid the thoughts. like never ever holding a baby, because when you do, you graphically imagine throwing it to the ground and causing severe injury to it.

please just come up with a different new term for "goofy idea or repetitive phrase that spontaneously comes to mind"

hey dingus, this thread isn’t about “intrusive thoughts” it’s about “nonsensical intrusive thoughts” or NITs

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2475

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
guided by chi-chi whatever that means

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
The entirety of Gary Numan's 'My Name Is Ruin'.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Number one on the charts... Bell Biv DeVoe...

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Turpitude II posted:

do you actually want people to state an intrusive thought instead, cause that seems like a way to cause even further mental distress than having a giggle at what was previously a term known only to select individuals as way to quantify a previously unnamed or taboo subject

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
straggle chunks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
SPAGHETS

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Helados de fishmixx

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
as a construction worker, I could easily do this thing and kill someone and no one would know

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Tarkus posted:

When the baltimore one pops in my head, it's followed by the AFSCME one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27kDtIoL1L4

I am in this union. The video is accurate.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If mixing yellow and purple makes brown... what will happen if I mix yellow glow in the dark powder and purple glow in the dark powder?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
CHOtto MAtte yappa mata RUUpu

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Heegle Hygle how many eyelashes have gotten in my eye over my lifetime beep borp

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Turpitude II posted:

been having this post pop in my head as an intrusive thought all day.......

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

GET BEEFY BITCH

GET REAL BEEFY BITCH!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

TK8325 posted:

Seen any....elves?

Hahaha...

Show your papers to the captain when you exit to get your release fee.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Justin Roiland's "Lick my balls" speech from Doc and Mharti but it's Mike from Breaking Bad telling Walt to do it. "Waltuh, you gotta lick my balls Waltuh!"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cheeseburger in paradise

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
♫I'm a pocket maaannn♫
♫pocket maan fits right in your front shirt pocket♫
♫pocket maan sitting in your pocket all day long♫

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If you're hungry and you like cum clap your hands
:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:
If you're hungry and you like cum
if you're hungry and you want some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Jelly posted:

I had a dream last night I was forced into rehab and it was basically like prison. It was a long rear end dream that lasted a huge chunk of my sleep cycle.

I had a dream where I got a tattoo of a thick comedy moustache, like right on my face. I kept thinking "I shouldnt have got a moustache tattooed on my face," and looked in the mirror trying to rationalize how it looked good at certain angles. but the moustache tattoo was a bad idea