Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
As a mailman, I am always doing my utmost to ensure that I don't leave a negative impression with the people I deliver to. It causes some moderate anxiety to always have to be in 'on' mode, always careful not to draw attention to myself by maybe saying something I shouldn't while trying to be sociable in the 30-45 seconds that I interact with whomsoever I am delivering to at any given moment, or careful not to drop a package in front of someone, or take too long with the signature pad when I've interrupted them at work. I've found that I can sleep easier at night by shifting the focus away from dwelling on how, although I may have done some of those things today, if I let myself imagine a world where those rules that I am betrothed to don't apply, how different my day to day would be. So I end up falling asleep imagining some absurd sort of BeamNG.drive - esque scenario of myself barreling into people, knocking them over, and throwing packages directly at them, and that they love me for it. Where all of the social faux-pas' of my job are nonexistent. It really takes the edge off to just let go. And in having written all of that and read it back to myself, I would be remiss not to agree with the reader here that I may have inadvertently uncovered the true spirit of what it means to "go postal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU