Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

Stuff you never got to enjoy in their peak popularity because you somehow missed the memo.

For me two things off the top of my head: I watched a Funhaus compilation on YouTube, I thought it was loving hilarious, devoured all their stuff, then the next week a major allegation came out about some of their founders and they basically dissolved and went their separate ways. So I have nostalgia and melancholy for something I only was into for a few days.

Also this place. I knew about SA (I used to watch the Yogscast), but I was too busy being a Reddit nerd at the time, and now that I've joined I feel like the idiot that arrives at a party when everyone's drunk and passed out.

What about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Something Awful

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

The Hello Machine posted:

Something Awful

holy poo poo you got in later than me. We're the two sober idiots at the party lmao

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
'80s heavy metal outside of the Big Four :rock:

Also

Something Awful

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Self love

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Something Awful

Terribly sorry to hear that, it's not too late to not post anymore

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

Something Awful

You didn't miss anything

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gooning

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Doom WADs.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i was never interested in being made john romero's bitch when i was younger, and now i'm too old. he's not interested.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Something Awful
I got into SA back when it was cool, left when it stopped being cool, and then came back when it was even less cool.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

and there it is.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

an activity that i got into too late and missed tbe popularity phase of? oh how about being loved and trusting another person and not being a broken depressed individual posting rhis way in every gbs thread regardless of how on topic it is :imunfunny::imunfunny::imunfunny:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

for me - i wish i got into rally racing like 15 years ago when car shells and parts were cheap and plentiful. rusted out poo poo that have 20% usable parts are like $5k+ now. where are my $300 rollers. fuxking bullshit, makes me afraid to crash my car

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Self-discipline.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wetting the bed

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Cosmik Debris posted:

You didn't miss anything

It's hard to miss things with live necromancy threads, the goldmine, and the SAclopedia

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Punk Rock. Japanese Shmups.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i didn't start lifting, or really exercising at all other than like a 5 mile run once a week, until my 30s and not until after i had given up meat.

i should've flipped the order and lifted earlier to take advantage of both my youth and the ability to include meat to hit macros, a double chicken chipotle bowl is like 60g protein.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

i didn't start lifting, or really exercising at all other than like a 5 mile run once a week, until my 30s and not until after i had given up meat.

i should've flipped the order and lifted earlier to take advantage of both my youth and the ability to include meat to hit macros, a double chicken chipotle bowl is like 60g protein.

This. At 20 years old I had the time and opportunity at the free college gym to lift with a friend and chose not to so I had more time to play WoW. Now I'm 36 and getting into a shape other than round is a bitch.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Your mom

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have been playing gigs my whole life but didn't start properly touring as a musician until middle age, so by the time i got on the road i was already married, had bad knees and a bad back, and zero inclination to get into the kind of sex and drugs lifestyle that young touring musicians do. which is better for my health and wallet of course but i do feel like i missed a lot, both bad and good.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

this as well tbh. i'm in pretty good shape and have a natural body for climbing which has helped, but i could have been a star if i started as a teenager

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

shitposting tbh

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
the charleston and the lindy hop

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

never too late to get in shape imo. i mean unless you've already gotten like diabetes or had heart attacks or w/e already

anywho i'm more in shape at 37 than I've ever been and it feels pretty drat good

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I didn't like any of the N64 or Gamecube Zelda games so I assumed I wouldn't like Breath of the Wild but yesterday I borrowed a copy and it's a lot of fun

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Magic the Gathering. My first year playing is arguably it's absolute nadir (so far)

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Tomagatchi...how do you work this litle fucker?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

having health insurance

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
this thread

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

IPC2 and IPC3 Soldering.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Khanstant posted:

Magic the Gathering. My first year playing is arguably it's absolute nadir (so far)

Yeah it’s only gonna get worse and you’ll start to hate the people at the upper levels as you consistently die in one turn to $1000+ decks

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Magic the gathering. I never played much but I started buying the booster packs and trading/selling the rare cards around to other kids at my school. I started getting into it in the mid 90s but if I had started like a year earlier I could have gotten some of those (now) stupidly expensive alpha and beta cards and open the packs with latex gloves and tweezers on youtube./

Now I still have a banker's box full of 4th edition and ice age cards that arent worth dog poo poo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

cryptocurrency

i could've been a forums owning magnate, but instead i never bought any

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm in pretty good shape and have a natural body for climbing
                         \

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

\

being my avatar, a cat (known climbing type species), was right thrwre bro.....

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Yeah MTG is def expensive. Play casual formats like commander.....which is also stupidly expensive.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah it’s only gonna get worse and you’ll start to hate the people at the upper levels as you consistently die in one turn to $1000+ decks

the one good thing about this era is apparently before i started playing, even average players had some general stick up their rear end about playing with proxies and counterfeits. Most of my decks are technically over a thousand dollars because some 800 dollar cards everyone would obviously prefer be in their deck, actually just cost a buck fifty if you don't be goofy about it, even cheaper if you just straight up do the legwork to make MPC order for your whole deck or whatever.

edit: and yeah even using counterfeits or cheaper proxies it's still a ludicrously expensive way to spend an hour with your friends now and then lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Bad Purchase posted:

cryptocurrency

i could've been a forums owning magnate, but instead i never bought any

:same:
In college I was doing research on GPU-accelerated password cracking and could've easily mined a couple bitcoin while it was easy, but I laughed it off as an idiotic fad.