Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Door Status?
Unlocked
Else (Will Discuss in Thread)
Just Wanna See Results But Probably Unlocked
View Results

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Some recent discussion came up about doors. Lock them or unlocked? All the time, or only when gone. Etc. What does everybody do? What did Lenin do?

My doors stay unlocked.

https://i.imgur.com/ebxqnmo.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What's your address

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
i intentionally make sure the door to my room is always visible but I had a bad childhood that broke my brain. so I lock the front door religiously

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

define "locked"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HELL YEAH BROTHER, RIP JIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCohm_CilUY

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i go around checking everyone's doors, so i can lock them. sometimes they're very surprised, sitting in traffic

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My doors are locked. All 3 locks while we are gone or in bed.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i lived in a building for a year where everything even your apartment was coded to keyfobs, it was like living in robocop or something

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al! posted:

i lived in a building for a year where everything even your apartment was coded to keyfobs, it was like living in robocop or something

Fifth Element maybe?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

door city over here

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

searching "lock" and "door" in cspam is a treasure trove.. . just, wow!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so many people here leave them unlocked

its not cos we're friendly, its just laziness

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

don't think locks will protect u (see example_)

https://i.imgur.com/BwZIwGe.mp4

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
you make a better door than a window, op

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yeah I think people have been very unkind to Jim Morrison's legacy lately. I still think the Doors were great

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

the gypsies had no homes, the doors had no bass

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

webcams for christ posted:

yeah I think people have been very unkind to Jim Morrison's legacy lately. I still think the Doors were great

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
pyf books about doors

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I usually leave the door unlocked when I'm home. Anyone comes in here who shouldn't would prolly just turn right around.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Locks only keep out honest people

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
they say when god closes a door, they open a window

well, sometimes when I see a closed door, I like to do the lord’s work and open a nearby window

just Christian things

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

more like Dorks thread amirite

look at yourselves

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A confusing array of tripwires, sharpened sticks and held up anvils behind every door

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I never lock my car door. I do when I park on the street overnight, except when I left the door ajar and a cat was in there and someone had taken the change out of the change tray but left my nice sunglasses.

But in the garage or in going to store or basically anywhere other than home that's not over night, never. I leave the keys in there. Boost my car while I'm at costco. Go ahead.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my door is usually locked but ill unlock it for good posters

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
there’s nothing of value here except my cats and anyone who stole them would quickly find out they’re really demanding

doors stay unlocked

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

boring band

:flip:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ELTON JOHN posted:

pyf books about doors

cool, but do you have a more blurry version of this pic??

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I keep the front door locked always. my neighborhood is pretty safe but I've had issues with a really strong gust of wind blowing the door open and then my dog sees the open door and goes for a run. she's built like a greyhound so chasing her sucks

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
my front door has a screen door and sometimes i leave the main door open cause i want the breeze and forget to close it before bed. luckily i live in the middle of nowhere

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
my door is always unlocked and left a little open with a bucket of water standing on top of it.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone care to explain this?

https://i.imgur.com/DKPry66.mp4

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie posted:

anyone care to explain this?

https://i.imgur.com/DKPry66.mp4

District B-13 rules

the lead is David Bell, one of the greats of parkour

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

if you don't like doors, it's CURTAINS for you

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

redneck nazgul sounding increasingly unhinged

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78SV9tguyVM

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

paul_soccer12 posted:

cool, but do you have a more blurry version of this pic??

trying turn off your monitor binch

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
kept mine unlocked, but 2 weeks ago somebody came inside and stole a bunch of stuff while we were asleep, hope this helps op

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

What is a Door? To have a serious debate we need a Powerful Definition. I'll attempt to define it by analogy. Just like how a Window 🪟 is Air 💨 that can Close 🔐, we can say a Door🚪is a Wall 🧱 that can Open 👐.