Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Valko posted:

No way this happened. Most species of spiders are cannibalistic, which is why they can't be farmed for silk.

Try harder next time. Maybe use cockroaches in your fanfiction.

are you seriously doubting the veracity of a story in which the op literally claims to have died at the end because of spider facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I’m like the Cassandra of posting. I am cursed to tell people engrossing stories about all the ways I’ve died but they seldom believe me. :mad:

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I can stuff myself full of booze and food on land for way cheaper. Bonus: I don’t have to feel bad about my shits polluting the pristine ocean

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Earwicker posted:

are you seriously doubting the veracity of a story in which the op literally claims to have died at the end because of spider facts

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
loving busted his rear end. netx story you'll try to get me to believe is that you just got out of prosion from a 30 year murder charge

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Went on a Holland America Christmas cruise with my soon to be ex boyfriend and his entire family in 2003. Got the Norovirus. Do not recommend.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The real tell is that the door was labeled 'bugs', but spiders are technically a kind of bat.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ve seen some stuff about river cruises that tour across europe and they look really cool compared to giant oceangoing hellbarges. but i think they are exclusively for rich people and cost thousands of dollars per person.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Caribbean Ocean Spiders are bred for their union busting skills, to keep the crew in check.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would not go on a cruise even if it were free and a good package, just sounds miserable. I wouldn't want to go on any boat again really, boats suck. If I ever even see an ocean again it won't be because I went out of my way to do it. A big toilet full of the stinkiest food.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

dinahmoe posted:

Went on a Holland America Christmas cruise with my soon to be ex boyfriend and his entire family in 2003. Got the Norovirus. Do not recommend.

20 years is one hell of a long delay to break up because of a family cruise

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Chinatown posted:

holy gently caress look at this new one that is almost complete. 8000+ people including crew. :stare:

Three story dance club on the front end looks like they're all set up for dollar store Skrillex

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

neato burrito posted:

Caribbean Ocean Spiders are bred for their union busting skills, to keep the crew in check.

If you let them die of natural causes their husks can float while supporting over 1000x their weight

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Is there a chance that one of those cruise ships might hit an iceberg? If I start a journal for a nordic cruise or some poo poo that it will sink and in a century or so it could become a new mythology?

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

covidstomper58 posted:

Is there a chance that one of those cruise ships might hit an iceberg? If I start a journal for a nordic cruise or some poo poo that it will sink and in a century or so it could become a new mythology?

I’d give good money for more of these boats to sink in the middle of the ocean, the wreck claiming all souls aboard

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My granny caught the rona on her last cruise so they gave her a voucher for another and she gave it to me and I plan on going about ten months from now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Cruising is for deeply lazy people who can't plan a vacation.

I am one of those people every other summer.

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
I think whether people enjoy cruises or not depends on what they expect out of a vacation. When I go on a trip somewhere I enjoy the aspect of finding things to do and usually have a few goals I'd like to accomplish at the destination. For other people a vacation means relaxing and doing very little planning and just decompressing with alcohol and food. Cruises greatly appeal to this latter group.

I took a 7 day cruise to Alaska with my mom about 15 years ago and it was alright. The food wasn't that great and the boat kind of sucked but visiting towns and seeing the landscapes was cool. The thing that sucks about the town stops though is they are tourist trappy and they don't give you enough time to explore, I think we got like 6 hours or so per spot.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Grem posted:

Cruising is for deeply lazy people who can't plan a vacation.

I am one of those people every other summer.

Not lazy enough, you can just do it at home

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If you love cruising you can be like the silent solo travel Japan man and cruise for the rest of your life. Silently filming the entry to women's bath and interacting with nobody.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 29, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

pencilhands posted:

Seems like they’re not too expensive and there’s a lot of stuff to do

A week sailing the ocean eating lots of food, theres entertainment and shopping and stuff sounds pretty cool

But then you also hear people say they’re trashy idk

I like the idea of exploring lots of little islands when you reach a port each day

What say you, goons?

They will add a massive tip onto your bill for both housekeeping and waitstaff.

You are never anywhere long enough to really enjoy yourself.

Any “swim with [animal]” you go on is going to have a guide who is cruel to animals.

If you go on a cruise that shows kids, those kids will be running past your door shrieking at Al hours, day and night.

If you are trying to not have a bunch of surprise bills, I would suggest going to a resort.

My ex and I did not enjoy the cruise we went on. Aside from the Jamaican weed we bought.

Also, since it didn’t click for me until we arrived at the turtle farm, sea turtle farms are actual farms and all of those sea turtles are going to be butchered and eaten. They are also too large to smuggle out.

Froghammer posted:

They're tailor-designed to vacuum money out of your wallet while also giving you diarrhea

So no

Yeah. What froghammer said. Also, if you want to be drink the whole time you are on the boat, be prepared to pay at least 4 times per drink what you would expect to pay in a restaurant for the same drat thing.

Bored fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 29, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao, sounds like a dream.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I went on exactly one cruise that a family took me on. At this time I was deep in my addiction so I had smuggled on a bunch of of ground up OC 80s (if that tells you when this cruise went down)ask me how :smug:.

So basically I was out of my mind on opiates for a week. We stopped in Jamaica and I traded a pair of leather sandals I had for a bunch of pretty decent pot at this hair braiding place..dude was really cool. We ended up talking about the reggae band Third World...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXeY74ttezU

I slept with a bunch of women because being that high on both pot and opiates (at that time I had taken a break for a while so I ended up getting way higher on a few lines at a time)...each one got angry at me. It ended up with me having to like dodge around like a secret agent.

By the end of it I basically got banned from all family vacations.

so Cruises are a land of contrasts.

Snord
Mar 5, 2002

We hugged it out, but I was still a little angry.

Poohs Packin posted:

If you love cruising you can be like the silent solo travel Japan man and cruise for the rest of your life. Silently filming the entry to women's bath and interacting with nobody.

That man is truly living the dream. That said, I do enjoy cruising. Nothing really to plan, and most things are included. It’s nice to sit on a balcony in the middle of the ocean.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just book a trip on a fully staffed yacht so you can do whatever you want and have a chef create meals specifically for you and your guests. For an insider's look into this experience, check out the hit show Below Deck.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Chinatown posted:

holy gently caress look at this new one that is almost complete. 8000+ people including crew. :stare:

looks like a mario kart 8 track that never got finished.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

whiskas posted:

Boomer parents just came back from a cruise. Apparently they provided covid tests, and when my dad tested positive and asked what to do to, they said nothing, no need to quarantine. Apparently nobody did anyway, buffets and restaurants were packed with people coughing, clearly sick, the whole boat turned into one giant covid cruise. Then there is my MIL who without fail gets come kind of sickness requiring medical intervention when she returns from every cruise.

its funny how even before covid there would be an article every couple weeks "cruise ship stranded with no running water and every passenger making GBS threads their pants"

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
Some friends convinced my partner and I that the black friday sale last year on cruises was a "good deal" so we put a $200 deposit down on a four day with the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas.

Without flight, it'll be something like $1,100 for the two of us - exterior balcony stateroom which seems kind of nice. But it's also like $800 for the all you can drink booze package.

Having second thoughts since literally everything is an upsell, which appears to be what a lot of critics here are saying (among other things).

Might just take the money and go on an adults only all inclusive for like a week, versus four days on a loving floating Wal Mart.

ManBoyChef posted:

I went on exactly one cruise that a family took me on. At this time I was deep in my addiction so I had smuggled on a bunch of of ground up OC 80s (if that tells you when this cruise went down)ask me how :smug:.

So basically I was out of my mind on opiates for a week. We stopped in Jamaica and I traded a pair of leather sandals I had for a bunch of pretty decent pot at this hair braiding place..dude was really cool. We ended up talking about the reggae band Third World...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXeY74ttezU

I slept with a bunch of women because being that high on both pot and opiates (at that time I had taken a break for a while so I ended up getting way higher on a few lines at a time)...each one got angry at me. It ended up with me having to like dodge around like a secret agent.

By the end of it I basically got banned from all family vacations.

so Cruises are a land of contrasts.

:golfclap:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

super sweet best pal posted:

My granny caught the rona on her last cruise so they gave her a voucher for another and she gave it to me and I plan on going about ten months from now.

What the gently caress

I didn't know about this deal

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

They should allow you to rent a pirate ship / crew and live out your one piece / jack sparrow fantasies

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Today I learned that up until COVID my boss's boss and his wife would take a cruise every year. He said Disney was by far the cleanest and had the fewest cases of gastrointestinal virus outbreaks, likely because they fiercely protect the Disney brand. Pretty sure that guy makes dump trucks of money at this point for attending meetings.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how many terrorists/mutineers would it take to commandeer a disney cruise ship?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

super sweet best pal posted:

You know if you catch the rona we can keep daisy chaining this deal

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I went on a carribean cruise with college friends and we had a blast. I brought peach vodka and sprite zeros and stayed drunk a lot of the time. Key west was really fun and we went bar hopping and one place had drinks that filled a goldfish bowl. I was in my twenties and skinny so i hooked up with a hot dude. We paid extra for some of the tours but also sometimes just wandered to the beach to chill. Prettiest beach I've ever been to, water was so blue. Being drunk may have clouded my judgement though. I also tried escargot for the first time (it was fine but if you put cardboard in that garlic sauce it would be edible) and i also had fried alligator that was pretty good. I also tried anchovies on pizza and i didn't hate it. Overall, best spring break i ever had. I didn't usually do much for spring break though, usually i would go visit my grandma but this was our last break before graduation so we did something special.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bossy lady posted:

They should allow you to rent a pirate ship / crew and live out your one piece / jack sparrow fantasies

they do. just start a mutinty on the boat then youre free to be a pirate until they *checks notes* sink your out of control boat because only 1 person knows how to drive the boat and he died in the mutiny.

Buce posted:

how many terrorists/mutineers would it take to commandeer a disney cruise ship?

3 but 1 of you better know how to drive the boat.

snergle fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 29, 2023

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Today I learned that up until COVID my boss's boss and his wife would take a cruise every year. He said Disney was by far the cleanest and had the fewest cases of gastrointestinal virus outbreaks, likely because they fiercely protect the Disney brand. Pretty sure that guy makes dump trucks of money at this point for attending meetings.

Feels like there's alot of other ways to have fun that don't include that?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Feels like there's alot of other ways to have fun that don't include that?

Don’t go to an Indian restaurant in Ocala.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

cruises are for newlyweds and nearly deads nothing more nothing less

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Smugworth posted:

Just book a trip on a fully staffed yacht so you can do whatever you want and have a chef create meals specifically for you and your guests. For an insider's look into this experience, check out the hit show Below Deck.

I was a chef on a small private yacht. Usually we had a crew of 5 or 6.

It was a great job at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

I was a chef on a small private yacht. Usually we had a crew of 5 or 6.

It was a great job at the time.

Did you and everyone on board constantly drink and bone