Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's gonna be garbage, right? Harrison Ford is fuckin 80 years old and looked tired of acting in the Star Wars sequels. I can't imagine it will be anything more than the usual soulless Disney crap. Whatever I'm probably gonna see it, summer popcorn flicks are usually fun. I'm really looking forward to Mission Impossible though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Harrison Ford is 20 years older than Sean Connery was for Last Crusade

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Isn't this the one where they used computer magic to make him look less old so he looks like a spry 65 year old life long smoker?

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Can’t wait to see how Harrison Ford negotiated a deal to reprise a role and then have his character die an hour into the movie.

“We’re back, Shortround.”
*Camera pans back as Indy falls off the train while deboarding and immediately dies, then Shortround picks up his hat and puts it on*

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Or I guess Shia LeBeuf could be the new Indy too, unless we’re still pretending that movie never happened.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just make Milla Jovovich new Indiana Jones imo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rugikiki posted:

Harrison Ford is 20 years older than Sean Connery was for Last Crusade

Yeah but ford got that holy goblet that gives him all that life so he should still be really young.

Oh, wait no he let it get away like a loser. lol.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm gonna see it and hopefully it's fun. :thanks:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Trilldiana 🅱ones and the Dizzial of Dizzestiny

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just make Milla Jovovich new Indiana Jones imo

many people are saying this

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

it’s an okay dish soap but not sure why he put it in such a pedestal

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Indiana blows and so does their chili spaghetti
I'll take one of those big rear end pork schnitzels tho

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

indy perished in the refrigerator and the rest of crystal skull took place fully within his mind as chemical brain death ran its course

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

also the kid was not indiana's, confirmed by a dna test, not that indy lived to see it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

by the way, wasn't indiana jones a kid diddler? i'm no loremaster but i seem to recall something to that effect in the original trilogy. like padme and anakin, georgie can't resist a steamy grooming plot line.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

by the way, wasn't indiana jones a kid diddler? i'm no loremaster but i seem to recall something to that effect in the original trilogy. like padme and anakin, georgie can't resist a steamy grooming plot line.

I just watched Raiders and Temple and there was nothing like this. Not sure about Crusade though but seems unlikely.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

MoonshineWilly posted:

Or I guess Shia LeBeuf could be the new Indy too, unless we’re still pretending that movie never happened.

Fleabag is the new Indy, or was gonna be until the "that's capitalism" line was in the trailer

Peggy Edson posted:

I just watched Raiders and Temple and there was nothing like this. Not sure about Crusade though but seems unlikely.

"I was a child! I was in love! It was wrong and you knew it!" - Marion Ravenwood, in Raiders

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Indy and Marion were inappropriate, but only like Eric Clapton inappropriate. Indy didn't go full Steven Tyler :wtf:

EDIT

just watched the trailer, certainly more interesting than The Crystal Skull :barf:

Also really into Mads as an Indy Bad Guy :hai:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 28, 2023

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

MoonshineWilly posted:

You might want to sit down.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Ville Valo posted:

"I was a child! I was in love! It was wrong and you knew it!" - Marion Ravenwood, in Raiders

yeah, this rings a bell, the woman he had a history with and rescues / helps rescue from the nazis implied that he had been romantically involved with her when she was underage

googled it, and here's what some wiki says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Ravenwood posted:

Marion entered into a relationship with Indiana Jones during this time (when she was 15, according to the novelization of Raiders of the Lost Ark). Jones abruptly left the Ravenwoods in 1926; Marion was about 16 or 17 years old when the relationship ended, and Jones was 27, ten years her senior. Later in her life, Marion chastised Jones, stating, "I was a child! I was in love! It was wrong and you knew it!" Jones showed little remorse and simply replied, "You knew what you were doing."

definitely a creep

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Marion being SUPER young (like, 12) was *apparently* one of Lucas' earlier ideas that thankfully never made it into the final script, but this could just be hersay

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

indy wears a dumb hat, an elaborate adventurer outfit complete with a whip, and flirts with women 10 years younger than him

i think he might've been one of those pick up artists in his 20s

probably one of the early pioneers of building kino

he went on to have a long career of punching and shooting nazis, so maybe he's not a total villain, but more of an antihero

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fatkraken posted:

Marion being SUPER young (like, 12) was *apparently* one of Lucas' earlier ideas that thankfully never made it into the final script, but this could just be hersay
It was reported on quite a bit, and yeah while they were brainstorming lucas wanted her to be 12 apparently.

polygon posted:

Lawrence Kasdan: I like it if they already had a relationship at one point. Because then you don't have to build it.

George Lucas: I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

Kasdan: And he was forty-two.

Lucas: He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real strange relationship.

Spielberg: She had better be older than twenty-two.

Lucas: He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve.

Lucas: It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

Spielberg: And promiscuous. She came onto him.

Lucas: Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen it's not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he...

Spielberg: She has pictures of him.

...um yeah. Hollywoods sort of hosed up.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

Oh yep you're right lmao. Welp

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

It's god Mads and also Indy punching Nazis again.

So it might be good.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Indiana Jones is a code name anyone can be Indy

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

pro starcraft loser posted:

It's god Mads and also Indy punching Nazis again.

So it might be good.

Well yeah, if it has Indy punching nazis it can't be all bad at least.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

dr_rat posted:

Well yeah, if it has Indy punching nazis it can't be all bad at least.

Positive for Indy punching Nazis

Super positive for the right wingers crying that Indy is, indeed, punching Nazis.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

dr_rat posted:

It was reported on quite a bit, and yeah while they were brainstorming lucas wanted her to be 12 apparently.

...um yeah. Hollywoods sort of hosed up.

:catstare:

well then

I learned something today

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Indiana Jones and the Age of Consent

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Oh yeah indiana jones ia canonically a pedophile same way james bond is a mass murdering rapist

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

does lucas still own indiana jones or did it get sold off by now? maybe a new owner can just retcon all that stuff away.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Fatkraken posted:

If Lucas had his way it would have been Indiana Smith: Raiders of the Panty Drawer

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sell that poo poo to Disney and make a franchise about Statename Joneses as an organization. Could easily hammer out a dozen movies at least

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Utah Jones and the magical mormon rock

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Indiana Groooooms!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I hope my favorite character, Mutt, will put in a good showing in it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

California Jones and The Bong of Doom

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's fascinating how playing Indy's son broke Shia LaBoof's brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Colonel Cancer posted:

California Jones and The Bong of Doom