Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Looking forward to ai not getting the concept of parables. Hopefully it goes hard on hating figs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The final solution to toxic masculinity

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ArmZ posted:

the best "keynesian boost" is to just give poor people money.

There's an obvious downside to that though: poor people will get money

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

In Training posted:

When did brunch culture become so big.

When Yaqub had some bad ideas I think

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Quotey posted:

Seven kid hitlers? loving hell

I dunno, maybe if I was called Hitler I would maybe go with my partner's last name for the kids. And maybe also myself.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Don't have to pay out pensions if we kill off the old people. Plus we can use the savings to buy combat gear!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

thank mr presdent

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Those tower's pronouns are was/were

Actually, WTC is a classic trans narrative, going from fully erect to no erection possible and reconstruction being done.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Women not knowing what candid means is my personal red flag.

Not showing up with a red flag is my personal red flag

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Gutenberg ruined bookburning. It's not fun if there's a bunch of copies

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

During covid where everyone was on zoom some company sold books by the foot to fill up the bookshelves behind you and make you look smart. You could even specify a genre like "give me 8 feet of science books"

Before covid, a family member put "pretty books" on his wishlist. He clearly knew that interior design is about books, but he didn't care for reading, so he just wanted nice leather bound tomes.
Also I've seen bookcases sorted by colour irl. Also date of publication, but that's more weird than actually bad.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

nah it’s poverty and being poor. it’s not the season for figs is a non sequitor to: I am hungry

the story very quickly can be used determine one’s class and privileges by the nature of the response.

I've heard it suggested that it ties into the whole money lenders at the temple episode as a sort of ad on metaphor. And also Jesus was a Doomsday cult leader, so maybe he figured that there would never be another fig season?

But the real answer is that God hates figs

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

what the gently caress

Pedophilia is a royal family tradition.

Also I'm assuming it originated with teens who figured Lizzy was hot when she was coronated a million years ago.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Crack egg is true

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

He doesn't miss

Counterpoint: he has missed his grave many times

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm monopolar, like geopolitics in the 90s or depressive or something

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pretty sure the common opinion is that lives you own are not worth much?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

I’m this close to making my own cooking comics just so I see new ones. I just need to figure out how to cook

Just dump poo poo in an airfryer. Literal or otherwise.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Baseball cards but with war crimes instead of sports?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Wait, does anyone have a ranked list of vassals to the USA?

Also the UK is just racistly imploding these days.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm ready for both sides being "Israel is bad" and "men are bad"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm glad Maddox was just dumb and obnoxious instead of the modern incel crap, otherwise I would have been way more justifiably embarrassed about my teens

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Say what you will about DDR, they did some great work supporting artists

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Moot .1415926535 posted:

tbf how many mass shootings did the gimp do this week

But he implicitly does a weird sex thing, that's worse!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Honestly AIT's new gimmick is downright tolerable.

Actually, it feels like the most awesome thing in the universe

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

there's no way NATO stans don't get super hard thinking about a fleet of star destroyers blasting the gently caress out of a planet that has defied the rules based international order

They're just called destroyers, and nowadays they mostly accompany carriers, but yeah

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Israel doesn't want to occupy Gaza? What are all those settlements doing then?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

you want to drink their piss to get piss drunk

If that's why you want to do it, okay, sure I'm in

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I know Bill is a pretty bad guy in most respects, but his shoes are pretty cool for a guy like him.

Also dress codes are some class indicator shibboleth crap. Professional CEOs and consultants can absolutely tell exactly what suit you're wearing and will treat you according to its price.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Ethnostates with undesired minorities gotta stick together

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Weka posted:

Ah yes, the Indian ethnicity.

The Indian government is into something called Hindu Nationalism. While it doesn't reflect the demographics of India, it does represent a vision for the demographics of India.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Alqaeda were ahead of their time

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hunger for knowledge :cmon:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Christian life hack: you can sacrifice any number of babies, as long as you don't sacrifice them to Moloch

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

genocide is 100% a thing to control labor forces and real estate. being opposed to genocide is definitely a left thing, whether it's based out of basic humanity or socioeconomic analysis I don't think matters too much. genocide's wrong from a bunch of angles

You're not wrong, but you're missing a bunch (around 1488) of nice young men complaining about white genocide. And more to the point, Israel has built a lot of its national identity on being against genocide, which would be kinda funny if it was something less horrible than genocide.
What I'm saying that genocide is a good tool for getting rid of your political opponents, and if you are both a fascist and a potential target for genocide, you can be a fascist who's against genocide.

Anyway, that's a grande latte with extra Palestinian blood please

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Did we already do Hamas tunnels?

Youremother posted:

What's old is new again.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

if crazy evil people want to lie about things and be delusional, that does not change the meaning of words or the application of concepts. genocide means something. there is a concept it refers to and historical, physical examples of that concept. do not allow, let alone abet, white replacement nitwits or israel's nazis to destroy meaning. if they succeed in doing that, they have won

I think the genocide that Israel is identifying against is very real and historical. But yeah, the point is that being against genocide because it's A Bad Thing is different from being a genocide because it's targeting the wrong group. I dunno if it's necessarily leftist in nature though, just basic human decency. Which does correlate with leftist.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I would contend that if your definition of genocide allows for genocide against the wrong group, then you are misunderstanding the concept. systematically killing off a people is agnostic of of which people are being killed off or why

I am going to genocide all the Jews and all the Muslims in Denmark. A good person would be against both, but a strawman zionist/right wing guy would only be against the former, while generally being on board with the latter.
This is actually not that hypothetical, we have people calling for getting rid of the Muslims while at the same time saying we should do more to protect the Jewish minority. And others who think we should get rid of Jews and Muslims alike.

I don't actually disagree, I just think it's possible to be against some specific genocides and still be bad.

And if landlords and billionaires are considered targets for genocide, I have some slightly problematic opinions maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Actually, I see your point and am convinced now. But I will not stop posting, at least before everyone else stops genociding.

Unless you want to discuss if cochlear implants are genocide of the deaf, that's some ethically tricky poo poo that can be presented as a justified genocide with barely any twisting.