Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ikanreed posted:

Wile e coyote painting a big tunnel through tower 2, and then the plane flies straight through. He gets on his cia brand missile to follow and it explodes dropping him straight onto tower 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
will stancil deep lore

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Which lovely annoying LF era poster are we thinking he was? Kylejack? Peenworm? I'm just hoping to see him drop an "Obamailures" on twitter.

I'm pretty sure it was cause people wouldn't stop mocking Grover, on account of the Haus.

i'm sure he was some forgettable dude who got yelled at twice

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My memories of the time are super vague, I think I remember Peenworm being dumb and wrong about politics stuff in 06-07 Helldump? I vaguely remember a Boniface quote like: "Oh No! Peenworm's greatest weakness: Anyone who knows anything about anything!"

I could be totally misremembering tho.

iirc peenworm was the one who used that line about some helldump winner, maybe like czar or one of the old school cons from the bush years

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

How has there never been an ET 2? ET Too: putting the extra in extra terrestrial and there’s two ETs

It would print money

there was a book sequel https://brandedinthe80s.com/6446/e-t-went-home-alright-and-maybe-he-should-have-stayed-there

quote:

This leads me to the gist of today’s subject, which is the continuing story of the beloved plant-friendly alien, E.T. the Extra Terrestrial in his only sequel story, The Book of the Green Planet. Published in 1985 and written by William Kotzwinkle, the same gentleman responsible for the film-to-book novelization of the original story, Book of the Green Planet follows E.T.’s adventures after reuniting with his species as they travel back to the home planet to study the flora specimens they’ve been collecting from Earth over the millennia. In the original novelization we got a peek into a different view of the movie as Kotzwinkle tended to write from E.T.’s perspective, giving the reader an insight absent from the movie. In that book E.T. comes across as a wholly different character, at times a centered peaceful monk-like being wise beyond his ten million years of age (yup in the book he’s 10,000,000 years old for crying out loud), a others a tired curmudgeon afraid of offending Elliott and his siblings as he sees them as the rulers of the planet. It’s an odd balancing act that takes a weird shift in the follow-up sequel novel.

Unburdened by adhering to a script, Kotzwinkle decides to let loose in the sequel revealing that E.T. is not merely an alien from another world, but a traveler from outside of our universe/dimension. Kotzwinkle also decided to mold the character more into the image we get in the film, drawing him as playfully ignorant, continuously spouting incorrect English to his friends as if he had learned to master the language during his layover on Earth. He’s also shown depressed, having left his newfound friends behind, never to see them again, yet I find this awkward and weird considering that he’s literally lived throughout the millennia. Was this experience with Elliott so profound, and if so, how boring was the rest of his existence? Besides, for a being of that age who travels through out dimensions and across galaxies with ease, isn’t it a bit naive to assume you’d never see your friends again?

Anyway, the basic plot involves E.T. returning home only to be demoted for his shenanigans on Earth. Sad and lonely, it becomes his quest to find a way to travel back to the Milky Way and to his beloved friend Elliott. The book flits back and forth between E.T.’s adventures trying to secure a vessel to make the trip and a slightly older Elliott on Earth who is struggling with puberty and his newfound obsession with girls (which troubles E.T., through their psychic connection, to no end.) Trying to help (but coming across as a dumped ex stalker) E.T. sends astral projections of himself towards Earth in the hopes that they will meld with Elliott’s troubled soul and help him to find peace (as well as the nerve to finally step up and mingle with the girl of his dreams.) In a sort of anticlimactic ending E.T. grows a ship (making it easier to hide from his people) and embarks on the long journey back to Elliott, though the story ends before the trip is finished leaving the book open to an obvious sequel (though unlike this one, a sequel that never materialized.)

All in all, this book (and the original novelization) gives the audience what it craves, a continuation of the story with so much more to explore. It’s weird and not much like the original film, but it is something which in and of itself is sort of a treasure. Also, believe it or not, with the re-release of this book in 2002 there was a teacher’s guide printed that has artistic rendering of a couple of the odder creatures mentioned in the book including the ellusive flopgopple!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Buck Wildman posted:

STARSCREAM I NEED YOUR SUPPORT AT THE JEWISH GENDERQUEER PATISSERIE

....no megatron. your kinks lack the survivalist dynamic that only I can bring. my time to lead the decepticons to true polyamorous submissiveness is NOW

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

starscream you have failed to make me cum for the last time

LMFAO

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
ooh we got a live one

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ArmedZombie posted:

do you think "ringleaders" have a list of charges comparable to that lady?

considering that unarmed PLA soldiers were lynched and burned alive, probably more so. some of the ringleaders were lucky enough to be ferried out to cushy jobs in the US after demanding protestors die by the thousands to prove their point:

Chai Ling posted:

The students keep asking, “What should we do next? What can we accomplish?” I feel so sad, because how can I tell them that what we are actually hoping for is bloodshed, for the moment when the government has no choice but to brazenly butcher the people. Only when the Square is awash with blood will the people of China open their eyes. Only then will they really be united. But how can I explain any of this to my fellow students?

(Are you going to stay in the Square yourself?)

No, I won’t. Because my situation is different. My name is on the government’s hit list. I’m not going to let myself be destroyed by this government. I want to live.

Dr. Jerrold Coe has issued a correction as of 00:30 on Dec 30, 2023

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
you could have just said you were talking about jocat

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Nichael posted:

Nancy has seemingly always been secretly good.

lookit this guy who doesn't know about the guy gilchrist horrors

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Mantis42 posted:

Guy Gilchrist ran the comic from the mid 90s to like 2018. He liked to draw Aunt Fritzi as a sexy babe

gilchrist also retired right before being outed as a rapist scumbag who molested his assistant

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Eat This Glob posted:

ackman is the guy who led the charge against the harvard lady for plagiarism. his wife is a professor at MIT who made her students make orbs for epstein (not a euphemism) and some publication turned the plagiarism eye of sauron on ackman's professor wife and whoopsy-doodle, she did a plagiarism. she did a no growth. she did a weak apology and now ackman is mad

and he's crying like a little bitch on twitter about it

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Sorry that was a typo, I meant to say North Korean citizen.

:frogon:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Now show the toothpaste aisle

i remember a couple of these "gotcha" photo ops, one of these dudes was straight up at a restaurant supply place where the model literally is just walls of the same product, whether you're in cuba or ameriKKKa

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Animal-Mother posted:

Why is the Angry Video Game Nerd in a Cuban restaurant supply store? WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

oh is that the exact one, lol

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

missing "han supremacism"

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
people keep taking the bait and saying these poo poo comics are poo poo

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ram dass in hell posted:

meat bacon meat pork meat more

now THIS is epic!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
calling someone Finnish is a pretty serious accusation

North Korean painting (undated) showing Kim Jong-il overseeing a film shoot.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

you should be, because you're on scare tactics

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Consolidated Ed posted:

that fat dude owns so much, just chompin on cigars and punchin chuds

he also beat the poo poo out of anarchists and anti-WWI dummies, ftw

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Oldest Man posted:

sorry but lol

i learned about it from r/peeling where parents will post their peeling hands and feet they got from their kids, i await vox nihili's mega karma posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Gripweed posted:

Maybe it'll turn out Americans love killing dogs?

americans love having dominion over their children and pets, which are both property