Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Has to be a footballer currently or previous rather than a supporter

https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/836529061954486272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Missed this one

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Alberto Moreno has to be up there

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/720232848972767233?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's richarlison

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its an odd choice but its done well so doesn't count imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

How dare you put Artur Boruc's tattoo in that list

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This thread definitely needs more Brazilians

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Richarlison

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i feel like richarlison's tattoo could be done well if he'd picked three players that weren't him or contemporary teammates, and also if it was done well

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

that Peppa Pig tattoo rules though

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Not an actual footballer but honorable mention goes to this guy:

quote:

After River Plate secured their 5-3 two-legged Copa Libertadores Finals win last year, one fan decided to give himself a permanent if unconventional reminder of the famous victory over arch rivals Boca Juniors.

The man in question opted to have a QR code tattooed on his leg which, if scanned on a mobile phone, would instantly bring up a YouTube video showing the goals in that tie.

The enthusiasm inherent in his unorthodox commemoration proved little match for the cynicism of Twitter users, however, who embarked on a campaign to have the video it linked to removed for copyright infringement.

Footage shared on social media by Argentinian sports journalist Ariel Cristofalo showed a man using a mobile phone to scan the QR code, which appeared to have been freshly tattooed on the unnamed River Plate supporter's calf.

The clip it linked to, titled “La Gloria Eterna!!!”, also showed the team’s post-match celebrations and the lifting of the trophy.

After Mr Cristofalo's footage was shared thousands of times on Twitter, a number of users set about rendering the QR code useless.

“Whoever uploaded that video should delete it for the bants. Actually I’m gonna go and report it for copyright infringement as we speak just to ruin his tattoo lol,” a Manchester United fan tweeted Thursday afternoon, while providing a link to the clip and encouraging others to do the same.

Hours later, the video had disappeared, with the message, “This video is unavailable” displayed instead.

“I can’t breathe,” the Manchester United fan tweeted, alongside a screengrab of the page where the video used to be.

Many social media users revelled in the River Plate’s apparent naivety, while others criticised those who had succeeded in getting the video deleted.

“I love how people are mad, like this was some amazing beautiful selfless idea that someone ruined with an elaborate evil scheme that took time money and effort in amounts that border on psychopath,” one user tweeted.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world/river-plate-fan-qr-code-tattoo-youtube-copa-libertadores-video-deleted-a8866406.html

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmfao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

King of False Promises posted:

Agreed

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I have always thought it was this. Didn’t he also get it while playing for Roma, where the number ten is, you know, Totti?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
XD

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

King of False Promises posted:

unironically agreed

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Frankston posted:

It's richarlison

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I’m not sure if this is bad or owns?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sticksy posted:

I’m not sure if this is bad or owns?

its both

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Clynes tattoo of himself as a uhm... baby? must be up there

Agger is also loving horrific, but it fits him as a person I guess.

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 13, 2023

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
His back is pretty metal though

He also has one on his hand of a Sun wearing sunglasses while smoking a joint lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Speaking of massive back tattoos

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
he has a grey dot on his right buttcheek?

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

i feel like it has to be this one, especially because they lost the game he chose to immortalize on his back

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

FullLeatherJacket posted:

apparently mezut ozil is a racist now; interesting strategy cotton and so on and so forth

https://twitter.com/TobiasHuch/status/1683019388385910786?t=4McWsZ7iqlrt0qxLfXJkIA&s=19

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

A Passing Feeling posted:

i feel like it has to be this one, especially because they lost the game he chose to immortalize on his back

If you like that tattoo commemorating failure to win a game, you'll love this tattoo commemorating failure to score a goal:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

At least the Chilean crossbar dude had the self-awareness to put "one centimeter from glory" under his tattoo.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
So it's just a bad angle.. But that sure looks like a swastika on his right wrist

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1687526643407998979

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/luissuarez9/status/1698373721013068184?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w