Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Ascencion lance
Bedrock
Chang'e
Constellation
Depositor
Dynasty
Evaluation
Fidelity
Governance
Harmony
Hobbes
Integrity
Jewel
Jugaad
Keystone
Legate
Merit
Mriya
Nucleus
Obelisk
Prediction
Questor
Resurgence
Solidarity
Tsar
Unison
Vigil
Volunteer
Whistler
Zhuhai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Or if we’re really serious about long, lawful-neutral lance names

Prudent
Domesday
Compulsion
Parliament
Enjoinment
Mandate
Synchronicity
Concord
Sincerity
Detention

perfluorosapien fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 8, 2024

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Man we have uhhh a real contradiction in terms of mission objective and force composition votes.

Our chosen mission is destroying all the bases we pulled out of the data on the fake SLDF Union we captured. But everyone's voting for commando lance/special forces lance/utility vehicles, which is like, a good choice if we were training irregular forces. But really severely lacking firepower for knocking over established built up bases.

We don't need to do targeted assassinations of the fake commanders here- We're bulldozing supply bases!! Cmon now. Put in those votes for assaults and ARTILLERY FIREPOWERRRR.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TheParadigm posted:

I liked requirement lance for whomever suggested it.

:toot:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gwaihir posted:

Man we have uhhh a real contradiction in terms of mission objective and force composition votes.

Our chosen mission is destroying all the bases we pulled out of the data on the fake SLDF Union we captured. But everyone's voting for commando lance/special forces lance/utility vehicles, which is like, a good choice if we were training irregular forces. But really severely lacking firepower for knocking over established built up bases.

We don't need to do targeted assassinations of the fake commanders here- We're bulldozing supply bases!! Cmon now. Put in those votes for assaults and ARTILLERY FIREPOWERRRR.

We can both assassinate commanders and artilerize their bases

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Captain Foo posted:

We can both assassinate commanders and artilerize their bases

sure but then we need to actually bring artillery

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
A vote for utility vehicles is a vote for "Poptarts, we want you to use AeroSpace more"

I also feel like it's winning by virtue of being everyone's second choice. :haw:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gwaihir posted:

sure but then we need to actually bring artillery

It’s what i voted for :colbert:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

seaborgium posted:

Oscillation and Scintillation lance would go well as a theme for that.

That one has a nice ring to it! :haw:

PoptartsNinja posted:

A vote for utility vehicles is a vote for "Poptarts, we want you to use AeroSpace more"

I also feel like it's winning by virtue of being everyone's second choice. :haw:

I'm happy to hear this, AeroSpace units are cool and good.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Gwaihir posted:

Bullshit. Dont you know that the lovable oddballs always win?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

I'm happy to hear this, AeroSpace units are cool and good.

The engineering vehicles are explicitly there to build the airfield(s) necessary to deploy the King Karnovs. But that also means you have airfields to land your AeroSpace fighters at, which means they're easier to use in ground operations and don't have to be held back for emergencies.

Of course, with only a couple of Von Luckners for defense, the DropShips might be at a little higher risk.

The only vehicle company that doesn't have direct access to artillery is the assault transport option.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 8, 2024

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
OK if the utility vehicles let us make heavy use of our aerospace fighters and we get any of the royal versions of the Thunderbird or Rapier, that does a hell of a lot to bring our firepower up to par.

ThCawdor
Apr 23, 2010

Innocent_Bystander posted:

So yes, how about (near-)synonyms instead of rhymes?

Obligation, Requirement, Necessity, Duty, etc.

These plus Commandment lance please.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Compliance Lance. Mandatory Lance.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Obligation Lance exists because I felt obligated to give the player unit a name.

You don't have to keep to that format. I'm giving you the opportunity to name the whole formation. :shobon:

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Obligation Lance exists because I felt obligated to give the player unit a name.

You don't have to keep to that format. I'm giving you the opportunity to name the whole formation. :shobon:

Goons have discovered a bit, and boy will they commit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Deferral Lance

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
Let's get silly

Spear Lance
Pike Lance
Lance Lance
Freelance Lance

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Glaive Lance
Halberd Lance
Ranseur Lance
Voulge-Guisarme Lance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wagon Lance

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Imba Lance (command)
Free Lance (recon)
Ambu Lance (support)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Long Lance
Sharp Lance
Iron Lance
Steel Lance
Silver Lance
Brave Lance

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Loquat Lance

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

PoptartsNinja posted:

It really seemed to fit. Something about Syntyche as protagonist. We have to do something with this noble Mechwarrior.

hard to say what would fit her new "christ, she came back AND she captured an enemy Dropship" vibe

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Gravity Lance
Obligation Lance
Onyx Lance
November Lance

I don't even know if those are actual options.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Procrastination Lance

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

A Lance
The Lance
Some Lance
No Lance
All Lance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I feel like these days the term goon has taken on new and unfortunate connotations

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Armstrong Lance

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Runa posted:

Wagon Lance

Dysentery Lance
Pepperoni Lance
Bison Lance

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

PoptartsNinja posted:

tbf given the limit to one per person I'm not surprised people wanted to jump on a common theme rather than try to propose a whole new theme no one might buy into (i did the same in the other post)

anyway to give you more options here's a whole new theme no one might buy into

Mech Company: Celestial
- Command Lance: Radiant
- Battle Lance: Infinite
- Scout Lance: Void

Vehicle Company: Terrestrial
- Tank Lance: Goetia
- Support Lance: Gnosis
- APC Lance: Monad

Aerospace Company: Infernal
- Lance 1: Peacock
- Lance 2: Dawnstar

(IIRC comstar won't be a thing for another like 25 years right? so all our characters should be safely dead by the time any of these names would be suspicious)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Command Lance: Obligation
Secondary Lance: Requirement
Irregulars: Collateral
Light Vehicle: Negotiation
Aerospace: Diligence

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nick Buntline posted:

(IIRC comstar won't be a thing for another like 25 years right? so all our characters should be safely dead by the time any of these names would be suspicious)

They aren't founded until 2785 and they don't have the upper hand on the Inner Sphere until the Second Succession War.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dance Lance

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Nick Buntline posted:

See, I do like this name scheme but the fact that it shares so much in common would mess me up, nevermind the canon.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

Yeah there's a reason i voted assault/ special command, defensive vehicle and fast recon!
I feel like utility lance would be great if we were on a "train resistance movement"mission but we aren't and i wish the hpg was a sub- in/ trade out choice for another option.

Goons last week; hell yeah seek and destroy let's capture more dropships .
Goons this week: oh poo poo a rabbit let's leave all our apc and infantry options at home then go and vote for artillery scouts but leave the artillery cars behind.

Only you, bystander, can put out vote fires!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Syntyche is a proper lady who has clearly studied grammar, logic and rhetoric, all martial arts, on foot and vehicular, tactics, operations and strategies, and of course the classics.

Odyssey Lance.
King Lear Lance.
Altjira Lance.
Kaguya-Hime Lance.
Enuma Elish Lance.
Twilight Lance.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe
i am voting for the coolest sounding things and chuckling sensibly at people trying to make things that make sense

hence attack submarines

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Armstrong Lance
Bass Lance
Hendricksen Lance
Reddick Lance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notirish
Dec 28, 2011
I think the names could go in a totally different direction.

Snowdrop
Primrose
Peony
Lilac
Iris
Hyacinth

Nothing says military adventurism like springtime flowers.