Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

And now I'm at a total loss and need to re-assess. I had one unit that was just flat-out tougher than everything else on the field and it just exploded.

Ha, almost exactly the same thing happened to the Whitworth in the first mission of my LP. As then, this mission might wind up being a bit shorter than anticipated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

that whitworth managed to do a fair bit more, though :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Lo, for the TACs are an uncaring god! Let man and beast both be struck down!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Uh, wow. WOW.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Some minor delays on my end. Work related, not player-related.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Into the Unknown 1-4

“I’m through armor,” Ironhead announced as one of her shells punched through the shoulder housing protecting the light pirate ‘Mech’s left arm. The telltale glint of ferro-titanium was remarkably different than the drab flat tones of mostly ceramic armor layers. Coolant dribbled down the arm like blood from an open wound; but it was too soon to celebrate. She’d hit a minor coolant line, nothing more. The ‘Mech’s computer would quickly seal it up and switch to secondary lines.

“Pity it wasn’t the arm with the gun on it,” Prodigal commiserated. “If they run because we’ve crippled their armaments that’s good enough for me. They can’t do a whole lot of damage with just that SRM-4, and I’d really like to hunt down their DropShip before any of us get holed.”

“Focus on winning the fight we’ve got, not the next one,” Grandpa’s admonishment was gentle. “This isn’t the academy, Lieutenant. A mistake out here isn’t just a disappointing B- and a stern talking to from some professor.”

“You worry too much, Grandpa,” Ironhead replied with a grin. “They can’t even touch us. The invincible might of the SLDF has come to the periphery once again.”

Movement Phase
[N/A]

Shooting Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 11, deals 5 damage to Left Arm! TAC!
- - Unknown BattleMech #3 suffers a through-armor critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 2, missed!

Sentinel (Player)
- Fires Ultra Autocannon/5 [Ultra Mode] at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, with a cluster roll of 11: 2 shells deal 5 damage to Left Arm (3/6 structure remaining) and 5 damage to Left Leg (TAC!)
- - Unknown BattleMech #3 suffers a critical chance in left arm: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- - Unknown BattleMech #3 suffers a through-armor critical chance in left leg: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, fails to lock-on!

Blackjack (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Vehicle #1 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 10, deals 5 damage to Front! CfMSD!
- - Unknown Vehicle #1 chance for motive system damage: rolled 6, minor damage sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Vehicle #1 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 9, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Vehicle #1 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Vehicle #1 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Flamer at Unknown Vehicle #1 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 5, missed!

Hoplite (Player)
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon [Slug] at Unknown Vehicle #1 (2 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, deals 10 damage to Front! (0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Vehicle #1 (2 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Vehicle #1 (2 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 4, missed!

Unknown Mech #2
- Fires Medium Laser at Blackjack (4 gunnery + 4 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 14): automatic miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Blackjack (4 gunnery + 4 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 14): automatic miss!

Unknown Mech #3
- Fires Large Laser at Sentinel (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 4, missed!

Unknown Vehicle #1
- Fires Medium Laser at Blackjack (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, missed!

Unknown Vehicle #2
- Holds fire!

Melee Phase
[N/A]

Heat Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Sentinel (Player)
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 10!

Blackjack (Player)
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 18!

Hoplite (Player)
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 16!

Wolverine
- Gains 9 heat, sinks ??!

Unknown Mech #2
- Gains 13 heat, sinks ??!

Unknown Mech #3

End Phase
[N/A]

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Defeat or Drive Off All Enemies (1/3 BattleMechs, 1/2 Vehicles)
OR
- Destroy All Shelters (0/4 Shelters)

Player Status:

Ally Status:
n/a

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Going In Blind - Enemy units that are not in Line of Sight appear as blip markers, obscuring their facing. Their facing is still being tracked.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 10, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

solid shooting, scratch one vee

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Three empty crits, I guess that Panther soaked up all of the Wolverine's luck before the battle. Thinking I'll move up to 1303 and keep the heat on it.

Vehicles are height 1, correct? So that other vee would be concealed by the shelter from that position?

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 10, 2023

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
CHARRRGE!

I'm going to move straight up to 0509 and keep firing on the Panther. It's still got almost no defensive mods, so it's an easy target.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

PoptartsNinja posted:

“You worry too much, Grandpa,” Ironhead replied with a grin. “They can’t even touch us. The invincible might of the SLDF has come to the periphery once again.”
Yeah... that's not going to bite people in the rear end multiple times over the course of history.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Another round of just "smashy-smashy", isn't it?

Now it's all BattleMech 3 getting piled on.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Those buildings are one level tall, right?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They are light level 1 buildings, yes.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

And light buildings should have somewhere between 1-15 CF if you want to start shooting or kicking them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Just wanted to make sure. I'm going to circle around to the top of the map, shoot the Panther and the light vee. Basic pincer.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The TACs loving hunger goddamn

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
The APC(?) stayed put so it's an easy target. It might not be the highest priority, but if it is carrying infantry it might be worth trying to blow it up before they can deploy.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Maybe they already deployed because it stayed put?
How long does it usually take to move infantry out of the transport? And how far can they move away from it in the same turn?
Also, would they be eligible for catching stray fire that hits the same tile if they are still on the same tile as the transport?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Infantry loads and unloads into the same hex as the carrying unit. Unloading takes the entire turn so you can't do anything else, you just plop out into that hex.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
And does the transport have to stand still for the turn prior to that?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Swapping to cluster ammo to take advantage of these hungry hungry dice we have going on against the Panther.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Into the Unknown 1-5

“Pretty sure that was a Panther,” Theo mused over the smoking wreckage of the lightest of the pirate BattleMechs.

“Couldn’t be,” Rampart replied. “The snakes have only had Panthers for a decade. They can’t have lost that many. It was probably just a Commando with an engine downgrade and some extra amor. Besides, Panthers have PPCs.”

“An exile, or a defector?” Theo considered. “An Exile’s family would stop at nothing to hunt them down and bring that ‘Mech back. And a defector would get a better return turning their ride over to the SLDF.”

“And if a pirate stole one the Kuritans would send a battalion to hunt them down,” Rampart agreed. “See? Not a Panther.”

“It’s dead, whatever it was.” Prodigal said in conciliatory tones. “We’ll take a closer look at what’s left after we finish off this last one. Just be careful, we’ve just backed him into a corner and his armor’s still mostly fresh. I’d like to at least cripple him before he can run; but it’s not like he’ll be able to do a lot on his own. And if he runs he might lead us straight to his DropShip.”

Movement Phase
[N/A]

Shooting Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1203!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 10, deals 5 damage to Left Torso (5/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Panther suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!

Sentinel (Player)
- Fires Ultra Autocannon/5 [Ultra Mode] at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 12, 2 missiles hit Left Torso (3/8 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (1/8 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- - Panther suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- - Panther suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 5: SRM-4 ammo hit!
- - Panther suffers 176 damage in an Ammo Explosion! Left Torso destroyed!
- - - 175 damage transfers to Center Torso (0/?? Armor), (0/11 structure remaining)! 153 damage vented harmlessly! ’Mech destroyed!

Blackjack (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #3 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #2 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, deals 5 damage to Center Torso! TAC!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #2 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown BattleMech #2 (4 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, missed!

Hoplite (Player)
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon [Cluster] at Unknown BattleMech #3 (2 gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 6, with a cluster roll of 7: 6 submunitions deal 1 damage to Left Torso, deal 1 damage to Left Arm, deal 1 damage to Left Arm, deal 1 damage to Head, deal 1 damage to Center Torso, deal 1 damage to Right Leg!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMech #3 (2 gunnery + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMech #3 (2 gunnery + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso!

Unknown Mech #2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1006!
- Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack (4 gunnery + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 10, missed!
- Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack (4 gunnery + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 6, missed!

Unknown Mech #3
- Fires Large Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (10/18 armor remaining)!

Unknown Vehicle #2
- Holds fire!

Melee Phase
[N/A]

Heat Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Sentinel (Player)
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 10!

Blackjack (Player)
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 18!

Hoplite (Player)
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 16!

Unknown Mech #2
- Gains 13 heat, sinks ??!

Unknown Mech #3

End Phase
Unknown BattleMech #2
- Becomes Desperate!

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Defeat or Drive Off All Enemies (2/3 BattleMechs, 1/2 Vehicles)
OR
- Destroy All Shelters (0/4 Shelters)

Player Status:

Ally Status:
n/a

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Going In Blind - Enemy units that are not in Line of Sight appear as blip markers, obscuring their facing. Their facing is still being tracked.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
If it walks like a Panther, looks like a Panther and falls over like a Panther, it definitely isn't a Panther because House Kurita will never ever let a Panther out of their hangers. Analysis seems solid to me.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

That Streak SRM-2 just cannot get enough ammo explosions!

:black101:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bang bang, baby.

So we just gotta smoke the one vehicle, it looks like. Dogpile.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm kind of in an awkward position where I have to expend a lot of MP on turning in order to get anywhere.

Do destroyed mechs count as +1 MP?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They do not.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That makes matters easier. Going to scoot to the woods by the dead Wolverine and pick on the vee in that case. Don't want to give our last pilot any incentive to risk a shot at me rather than fleeing. I have a very big engine and he has a lot of critseekers.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 13, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the horrendous kuritan kablooie

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I haven't seen an SRM2 do this much work, literally, ever, lmao.

In going to continue running straight on in pretty much. Even if this guy jumps in to my rear arc, I literally have more firepower available in back because I think this mech has Flippy arms.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Streak SRM2s are probably the most efficient crit-seeker you can mount for the tonnage simply due to their ammo efficiency.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I see PTN's dice are as bloodthirsty as ever. :black101:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Streak SRM2s are probably the most efficient crit-seeker you can mount for the tonnage simply due to their ammo efficiency.

What's a mech that utilizes streaks in the best way? Something with an AES and a boatload of them in the arms?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Juliano, which puts a shitload of Streaks (24 tubes) and enough energy guns and heat sinks to play shutdown roulette with if they all lock and fire.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And it was drawn by a goon.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Going to run to 0905 to put fire into the back of the mech

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ardlen posted:

That Streak SRM-2 just cannot get enough ammo explosions!

:black101:
That 'srm-2 for up close punch' will never ever get old anymore.

The up close punch ticket was punched, my dudes.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

TheParadigm posted:

That 'srm-2 for up close punch' will never ever get old anymore.

The up close punch ticket was punched, my dudes.

This happened once during the star league and tragically Inner Sphere mech designers have been chasing that high ever since.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I'm taking a leisurely walk up to 0707 and shooting at unknown #2 with everything, orders in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ahh gently caress, this thread got lost on my second bookmarks page with the single post announcing the move

:negative: