Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Astrology has evolved a lot in the last thousand years, hasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Front,
Internal,
Rear.

Also we're classically we would be looking at mechs from the front, but PTN has changed it to from the inside, so the arm on the left on the picture is the left arm, as would be the case should you look down to your left, correctly, as it would make sense to a pilot.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Why not both? It can be an entirely new clusterfuck, one with hyperspace dragon cults and human sacrifice.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The shooty bit should look different enough from a laser, but then again everyone would hood and cowl their lasers to avoid getting the lens scratched by random things, and of course PPCs are their own thing that probably looks a lot like a laser or a gun, and missile launchers might fire several salvos quickly out of a limited number of tubes.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

berryjon posted:

Should this be 1/3 Battlemechs defeated?

The objectives tab is so shocked it hasn't reacted yet, gotta leave it a little time to settle down and tally the scores.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

So, what's in that second ammo bay? Inferno LRMs or FASCAM LRMs?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The dice thirst, they don't quite have the tools or the desperation yet, but they soon will taste blood again.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

3rd Hidden War is great. Also there's tons of line units disguising themselves as pirates doing war crimes and poo poo.

Coordination is paramount, and so is secrecy, I estimate a 10% chance that this battle is actually blue on (extremely far away on the org chart) blue.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I guess it could be spooks vs grunts, a century old classic by then.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Which makes me wonder what was the CT crit at the end of the Justice Foot pratfall?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Another hint is that one of the objectives is to "Do not get killed by the Fake SLDF".

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

My favorite part is his unit readout having "Mood: Unreadable" in it right after it happens.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A radiantly clean Imp with an extended cab and a V12 badge thing lost among dozens of unsavory political stickers.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The player team rolls are decidedly murderous this match, that's not that much OPFOR remaining up and about.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You should look on the bright side of life: when he takes a couple of ammo explosions this round, it'll only only bring him to a total of five wounds and then he won't take a last fatal one from the auto eject in horrible weather because he hasn't got an autoeject feature, so he'll liveget disintegrated by two ammo explosions at once.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's a fusion engine, it doesn't really burn up, it just fails and stops. The colonel still has to account for an uncontrolled fall, those are always nasty, and the cold outside now that he's lost all heating. Personally I'd bet on severely injured but alive, but he might well have died.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

At least enough time to remove the coolant jacket and get some more clothes on.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Crunch doesn't have to perfectly describe the fluff, especially for tertiary characters stuck in deathtraps.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

While we're here, there's a hostile heavy mech in the player mech listing, mildly confusing at worst but there.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Finding the way to write mutual headcaps with lasers is, in fact, a pain in the rear end.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

One of our new hires is a sim freak, she can probably hammer out a few quick mods for it.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Oh, right, well, maybe some world has a giant equatorial jungle with giant birds to hunt for extremely high status food for noble banquets.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I think both surviving LAMs have their conversion gear disabled, they're going to have trouble fleeing, but I don't think they are fleeing just yet.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

We're going to realize that we're out of docking collars to secure the evidence and leave it to the locals as pay.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Let's turn the Stalker into an ostrich by grafting a LAM torso where its head was.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Training militias to fight a fake empire would probably create militias that have experience and motivation to fight real empire. Best not to get the Periphery ready to fight the SLDF again. Whatever the choice is gonna be it shouldn't be that.

That's the wrong type of long term thinking, preparing more militias to fight for centuries and centuries is how you turn your officer insignias into a vice presidency at New Earth War Profiteering Incorporated, there is nothing quite as delicious as the prospect of "full circle", the perfect virtuous circle, someone else puts meat in and you get money out, forever, there is no possible drawback.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

I don't really blame them, the Hegemony had been telling them that they were on their own for decades. When the DC invaded the FS, the First Lord decided to punish both of them equally for fighting each other, rather than punish the aggressor. And when Michael Steiner presented the evidence he accumulated showing the Combine to be behind bandit attacks on his border, Kerensky refused to act because he thought that would be taking sides.

Another place were "almost as stupid as Kerensky" is the perfect insult.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Syntyche is a proper lady who has clearly studied grammar, logic and rhetoric, all martial arts, on foot and vehicular, tactics, operations and strategies, and of course the classics.

Odyssey Lance.
King Lear Lance.
Altjira Lance.
Kaguya-Hime Lance.
Enuma Elish Lance.
Twilight Lance.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Clearing about two thousand square metres of wood in ten seconds is quite impressive.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Oh I know I should take the reasonable abstraction, I just temporarily got stuck in the sort of mode that leads to people calculating the density of shells and center of gravity of the Hussar and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I think it's an entirely deliberate attempt to make a severely asymmetric aircraft, it's just that it's a rare thing for a good reason.