Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hell yes, classic Battletech is back! And right as everything is about to go to hell in the Sphere to boot :black101:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm interested in our lance commander being from a Cameron cadet branch. Could lead to some fun outcomes if she's still kicking by the time Richie-boy comes down with a terminal case of laser poisoning.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Huh, so heading towards Jarnfolk territory? Could be interesting, though they don't maintain any standing military or `Mech forces.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Front Armor
Structure
Rear Armor

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mongoose reporting in. No pressure, I'm only carrying the survival of House Cameron on my shoulders :sweatdrop:

55-tonner looks like a humble WVR-6R based on that weapon loadout. Nothing special, but it's an elusive bugger, especially considering our complete lack of jump jets. Could be a pain in the rear end if it gets up onto those cliffs.

E: Thinking of sprinting up to 0312 and getting cozy behind that hill and forest, which should also give us eyes on the enemy.

E2: Oh right, ER large. Might take a potshot while I'm at it!

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 3, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Orders submitted! Let's give these chumps a rude awakening. Going to run to 0312 and take a laser shot at the 55-tonner.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 3, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

If it is a WTH-1S, and I don't see what else it could be, it's missing two heat sinks. Typo on the info card?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It very well might be - I wasn't looking at the heat sinks. How does that get calculated for the card?

'Heat Dissipation' under the pilot stats.

Come to think of it, the "Wolverine" and "Panther" are running non-standard sink counts too, which makes me think these are field refits of some kind. Unlike weapons, armor and sinks are pretty trivial to swap out.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Scintilla posted:

I feel deeply sorry for any infantry unfortunate enough to stumble into range of the Blackjack 1X's four Flamers. :supaburn:

Having just caught up on your thread, I wholeheartedly agree. And that was just machine guns :stonk:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A bunch of red and green units? Are we fighting Zeon?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The urge to be aggressive is strong, but I also don't want to overextend until the rest of the lance is in range, and at the moment I can't get any good flanking shots.

Thinking of ducking behind the cliffs and linking up with the Sentinel.

Edit: Order submitted, moving to 1215.

On the topic of potential future events, I'm not sure what would be the funnier outcome if Prodigal survives: Kramering our way into the middle of the Amaris Civil War, or continuing to bum around near the Jarnfolk for the next two decades and eventually stumbling across Kerensky's fleet. If we continue to head spinward from our current location we'd intersect the Exodus Road.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 4, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm having to rewire my brain so that I don't get myself killed. Looking back at my previous thread participation, I've only ever been given control of heavyweight brawlers (and a deathtrap of a laser tank). Piloting a light Mech is going to take some getting used to.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:allears: I see the Sentinel achieved what I was hoping to with my opening shot.

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, guess PTN's dice are still scared of me after the last time I played.

Anyway, gonna swing out alongside the right side of the map, use the hill for cover and pop another shot at whatever I get the best number on. Probably the PNT-8Z

Sounds like a plan to me! Thinking of moving up to the woods you're currently next to and engaging the Panther.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 6, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Three empty crits, I guess that Panther soaked up all of the Wolverine's luck before the battle. Thinking I'll move up to 1303 and keep the heat on it.

Vehicles are height 1, correct? So that other vee would be concealed by the shelter from that position?

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 10, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm kind of in an awkward position where I have to expend a lot of MP on turning in order to get anywhere.

Do destroyed mechs count as +1 MP?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That makes matters easier. Going to scoot to the woods by the dead Wolverine and pick on the vee in that case. Don't want to give our last pilot any incentive to risk a shot at me rather than fleeing. I have a very big engine and he has a lot of critseekers.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 13, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Streak SRM2s are probably the most efficient crit-seeker you can mount for the tonnage simply due to their ammo efficiency.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The SRMs hunger, my god :stonklol:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Orders in, going to cut around to the other side of the water to 1108 and shoot the mech, since he seems more interested in going down fighting.

I also prefer the old paperdolls to the new style, personally.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 16, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

drat, he zigged when I zagged.

I'm thinking of getting up in that APC's face and putting it down. Water is only +1 to enter, not to move through right?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Man, that's rough. I'll go with your suggestion since it also gives me a good move mod and puts me in stompin' range.

I appreciate Theo's logic, but he isn't piloting a `Mech that's in danger of dying to a mean look. Speed is life!

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 18, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm moving to 0603, alpha striking and kicking the APC from the side which should be more than enough to kill it. Would a good idea for the heavier Mechs to keep pressure on the enemy mech, but I wouldn't mind an extra pair of feet helping me out.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 18, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's going to move before I do, and I'll have enough of a move mod that the mediums will be a more appealing target. I trust PTN enough to not metagame with initiative and prior knowledge of where we'll be moving to :v:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 18, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Right, after. I got how initiative works backwards :doh:

My point remains the same though, in that I don't know where it's going to be by the time I've repositioned. Going to amend my orders either way to focus on the mech instead.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 18, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Thaaat's what I was afraid he might try. I'm going to swing around the building to 0804 and keep pouring lasers into him, maybe I'll hit something important if he's not already off the map.

vvv Was just about to ask that.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 21, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Battlemech flamers don't need ammunition (they're venting superheated plasma straight from the engine), so it's impossible for your particular model of Blackjack TO explode.

Shutting down is not ideal though, and liable to get your pilot yelled at by the mech techs.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

With how many back shots we've got lined up next turn, he's going to go down to either critical engine/gyro damage or his SRMs exploding. If the latter, we likely wouldn't have any issue tracking the fleeing APC. Who knows, there could even still be people holed up in the shelters.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Strobe posted:

:allears:

How's it feel to be so young and unmarked by BattleTech?

Oh don't worry, I realized my mistake moments after I posted that :smith:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

ilmucche posted:

TAC to the head with a flamer :stonk:

:supaburn:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'd give the MVP vote to the Sentinel's Streak launcher if I could, but since that isn't an option I gave it to Ironhead :shobon:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well, I'm glad I resisted the urge to shoot those buildings at point-blank range :supaburn:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Breadmaster posted:

Return of Ikuta Glacier

:shudder:

Granted, it was more hell for the OpFor than the players, but I still think it's a miracle that I managed to complete my personal objective before getting legged.

Also got to show off what happens when you apply Clan pulse lasers to a 20-tonner's face :gibs:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 17, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Found the moment where I turned a Fire Moth into a disembodied cockpit :fuckoff:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ebon Jaguar G (player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (0/4 armor, 0/4 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (3/5 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (0/4 armor, 0/4 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (1/5 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (0/5 armor, 2/4 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (0/3 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (4/5 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Fire Moth (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 Necrosia = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (0/4 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! 2 Engine hits! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (0/5 armor, 2/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Fire Moth (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement - 1 Necrosia = 8): rolled 11, 6 missiles hit Center Torso (0/6 structure remaining (`Mech Destroyed!)), Center Torso, Left Torso (2/5 armor remaining), Center Torso, Left Torso (0/5 armor remaining (TAC!)), Left Torso (2/4 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 36 heat, sinks 41!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Two Stingers and a Clint with gaudy paintjobs? Did we stumble upon the pirate equivalent of a car meet?

Speaking of the Clint, that's a 6/9/6 with 15 damage on a Gunnery 3 pilot. Ignore it at your own peril.

e: Edited because I forgot that the AC/10 variant is the non-jumping prototype :sweatdrop:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 22, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

If y'all get our potentially politically-relevant CO killed by a loving bug mech I will be very unimpressed :colbert:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well, whatever that thing was, it's in good enough condition to take home. Don't envy the techs who have to hose out the remains of the cockpit though.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just be sure to keep your back covered going forward, remember that you've got an XL engine.

The Stinger is going to be a persistent nuisance, but that Thunderbolt is a walking fireworks factory. Pour enough fire into it and you're all but guaranteed to make it go pop from a lucky TAC.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I don't like this one bit, no sir.

Edit: Oh loving hell those unknowns are Talos. Built by the Taurians and then sold en masse to every Periphery power that would buy them, Rim Worlds Republic included. If this isn't an Amaris hit squad pulling a false flag op then my name is Hanse loving Davion.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 7, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'd advise getting the Mongoose out of line of sight ASAP, this canyon just became a shooting gallery and we're in the middle of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Scintilla posted:

Two of those newcomers are definitely piloting Taloses, which are Periphery mechs and IIRC not something the Star League ever used. There's definitely something off about this whole situation, so be cautious.

Yes, and as mentioned in my post above, one notable buyer was the Rim Worlds Republic. Amaris has been part of Richard Cameron's inner circle for a decade at this point, and this is exactly the kind of tactic he'd use to deal with potential loose ends, such as our resident Cameron scion.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 7, 2023