Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

yesssss more battletech!

i binged the previous PTN BT threads over the last few months and now i get to follow this one from the start, this is lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Name: Syntyche Cameron-Moon
[...]
Although she is still technically in the line of succession, it would take an unprecedented disaster to put a Cameron-Moon on the throne.

thread goal imo

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the 35-ton mech is just labeled "mech" instead of "battlemech" so it's definitely a pre-production powerman that pirates strapped some guns to

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

that whitworth managed to do a fair bit more, though :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

would it be reasonable to change the colours of damaged armour/structure on the paper dolls? just the number, or maybe the background behind the number. imo it would make it easier to see at a glance what's been hit vs what's still fresh

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

They would have exploded, yes.

Edit: Speaking of exploded, these will be our new mech sheets going forward:

ooo, is that a heat tracker running around the edge of the paper doll? nifty layout i like it

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

am i mathing the elevation correct and unknown #4 used 8 MP to run those four tiles? literally just want to make sure i have the rules in my head correctly since i'm still learning

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i completely forgot about jumping :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

Mongoose

Going to double back to 0419 (Denies LOS to the medium and I think the heavy, long range for the other stinger) and see if we can't pin down the pest in our backfield.

How much damage does a Mongoose punch for?

one damage per ten tons rounded up, so 3dmg

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

"hey stingbad, i need to be kicked in the head!"

blackjack has the incredibly spicy option of just charging forward to use the flamers on the thunderbolt :v:

PTN, are we using the rule where flamers cause damage and heat, or the vanilla rule where you have to chose which one you're doing?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

She watched the pilot struggle with restraint straps that wouldn’t unlatch automatically until the command couch landed on a solid surface, trying to free themselves as the swirling winds sucked them straight into the center of the canyon—and then they were swallowed up by the river rapids; swept away so quickly even Prodigal’s beagle probe couldn’t track them.

should've packed a knife instead of an icepick, Icepick!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Stinger
- Spends 2 MP: Must pass a piloting test to stand (4 piloting + 1 cramped cockpit = 5): rolled 2, fails!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot injury (4 Piloting + 1 avoiding pilot injury + 1 cramped cockpit = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!
- Stinger falls in hex 0316 facing (rolled 1) hex 0416 and suffers 2 damage in the fall to Right Arm (0/8 armor, 3/4 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- Spends 2 MP: Must pass a piloting test to stand (4 piloting + 1 cramped cockpit = 5): rolled 4, fails!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot injury (4 Piloting + 1 avoiding pilot injury + 1 cramped cockpit = 6): rolled 5, fails!
- Must pass a 7+ consciousness test: rolled 4, fails!
- Stinger falls in hex 0316 facing (rolled 3) hex 0216 and suffers 2 damage in the fall to Center Torso (10/12 armor remaining)!
- Pilot unconscious!

we have found the ancestor of Harathi Vraman from Scintilla's thread :allears:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i made this

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

The worst part? It doesn't even look all that bad. Certainly more pleasing to look at than a lot of Civil War/Jihad-era designs.

:tipshat:

using the most-modern art of each and making sure the angles lined up helped a lot. just wish i'd found a higher-resolution pic of the banshee, the pixelated torso PPC bugs me a lil

e: imo the funniest part was covering up the WHM's torso ML and then adding the BLM's torso ML to replace it

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

You could quite literally run circles around the thing and potentially even kick at its legs without it ever being able to retaliate (I think, I don't remember if torso twisting+arm firing arcs also affect melee. Getting backhanded by an 85-tonner would not be ideal.)

torso twist does affect the firing arc for physical attacks (when applicable) and punches can hit the side arcs (with one arm) so it would be a very spicy move

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

ArchBanshee HammerMaster (Ally)
- Fires PPC at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (21/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires SRM-6 at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, missed!

(i made this for something else and i'm very happy to have another chance to make the same joke)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Volmarias posted:

Someone please use the Undertaker standing behind AJ Styles picture and replace them both with the appropriate mechs

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the fiddliest bonus objective is complete :toot:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

might be some issues with the "punching out" idea

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

o7

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Next Turn’s Movement Phase:
BattleMaster
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 piloting + 3 gyro damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

this one was missed, though :yayclod:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i voted for dropping Command Mech because enemy aces are Fun and Interesting, especially when i'm not one of the players :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i think the maps are borked, first map doesn't show player movement (second one does) and second map doesn't show new enemy movement

on a different note, in what situation would it be good for the battlemaster to jettison the PPCs? i can definitely see the benefits if you've got a gauss rifle and it's likely to explode, though

biosterous fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 10, 2024

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i have idea why but it was showing me 2a and 2b before, but now it's 2b and 3a hooray

gonna blame computer ghosts

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Secondary Objective
- Defeat Enemy BattleMech Lance (0/4)
- Keep All Enemy Mechs Engaged for 3 Turns (0/3 remaining):
- - Stalker Engaged (0/1)
- - Catapult Engaged (0/1)
- - Crusader Engaged (0/1)
- - Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 Engaged (0/1)

ooh, interesting! having to keep them all engaged (probably to keep them off the vehicles?) so players can't fully divide and conquer is a cool twist

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

That looks reasonable, for sure. But this is what we started with:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

how it started:

how it's going:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

gotta vote for Spear, Long, Delegation, and Fortune as the lance names :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

it kinda hurts to see a 2/3 pilot in a mech with just one ML and one SL lol

it all makes sense from both the fluff and the votes, but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

painedforever posted:

Mercury's character sheet is missing the unit picture.

PoptartsNinja posted:

PTN’s note: I’m still working on some sprites, I’ll get the ‘Mech and Vehicle status updated ASAP. I just didn't want to delay this any more.