Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
This map looks like it's gonna be a pain to keep move modifiers high on. Lots of narrow spaces, elevation changes, and of course the river. Jumpers are gonna have a field day, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Eh, even after that crit the 'mech was all right.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

Sentinel

Thinking run to 0615. Puts me in position to support our pal and avoid running into the middle of their pack, such as it is.

Wouldn't that cost 10 mp? move 3, turn 1, then move 5 with a +1 for entering woods?

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Ooh, turning his back on a Hunchback? That's a mistake. Hunchback only moved 2, though, so it should be pretty easy to hit.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

glwgameplayer posted:

I need to examine the field a bit more but I’m not too sure where I can go right now. I could try running to attack the Hunchback but, that seems like a profoundly stupid idea. Back attacking the Talos seems like a poor idea since that would mean exposing myself to the heavier mechs behind it. And attacking the Talos from the front isn’t too appealing either since it’s much heavier than me and has the Falcon defending it.

I’m going to sleep on it. See what I think tomorrow when I’ve got more free time

You can get to 2216 for 8 move, which breaks LOS to the light behind you and gives you partial cover vs. the rest of them (and another +1 for the light woods between you and the Talos), but that'd leave your right arm pointed at the heavies. Not ideal with that being in the Talos' AC short range. If you spend a couple more move to turn to face 2117, that'd improve the odds of not losing an arm but also add 1 to your to-hit rolls. It looks like the only thing that might shoot at you is the Talos though, the Hunchback and Battlemaster seem occupied with your ally, and if the Blackjack makes himself a more tempting target you're in the clear.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

does attacking the battlemaster from 2127 give me both back arc and over the trees?

I think it goes around the forest entirely, and it's definitely back arc.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Hey PTN, quick question. Could you possibly put what hex a 'mech is currently in somewhere on their card? It's not a big or important thing, but I feel it'd make it easier for non-players to keep track of who's where.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Never heard of this mech, but I doubt it? 6X has 2xLPL, 2xMPL, and 2xPPC, and only 14 single heat sinks. I'd say it's probably a CPLT-K2, just modified a little bit to replace the MGs with medium lasers. Heat dissipation doesn't match, though. Hm.

quote:

Dragon, could be a 1N or a 1C.

1C has more armour, so it's most likely a 1N.

JackSplater fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 6, 2024

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

I had a 'Mech based on the Screamer LAM, the Screaming Hawk; but it was not a LAM. It was just LAM-adjacent.

Ah yes, the Jump 11 monster that was somehow only the second deadliest 'mech in that campaign.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Z the IVth posted:

Wasn't it like 1 kill a turn for something stupid like 11 turns in a row?

In the middle of Air Raid it had three turns of 2 mech kills in a row. I don't know what its kill streak ended up being, I just remember that being ridiculous.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Ad-free podcasts are LosTech.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

It was against Nova Cats. And I seem to remember an entire star being almost completely vaporized.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Definitely Nova Cats. Looks like the first enemy star had a Shrike, though, and that's definitely a Jade Falcon mech.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

A chameleon Black Knight. That's... certainly something. An alpha strike with that one is going to cook the pilot. 49 heat standing still with 32 dissipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

That would be a very annoying 'mech to hit. Not much damage output, though I assume it's intended to hang out near some missile boats.