Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanigo
Dec 16, 2021
Can legged mechs still extract? Because a belly flop into 1124 would get him into the extraction zone, and most weapons can't shoot through the surface of the water.

(I do like his odds in 1226, though. Those LRM-5s look to me like they'd have 8+ to hit, low odds to hit the left leg since they're coming from the right, and, although they might crit something, low odds of completely destroying it unless they both hit there.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanigo
Dec 16, 2021

glwgameplayer posted:

Jokes aside we appreciate it. It would be really, really bad for us if the Hoplite just kinda. Had a brain episode while a Hunchback bore down on them.

Question for you folks, what's the cutoff point for +4 evasion? Because if it's 9 tiles I have a perfect move planned. If it's more than 9 I have a somewhat less perfect move planned

10, I'm afraid.

Vanigo
Dec 16, 2021

PoptartsNinja posted:

It lets the BattleMaster shut down an enemy Ace, even one that gained it out of desperation.

It doesn't stack (multiple Command 'Mechs still only shut down one Ace), and it's blocked by enemy Command 'Mechs--but they have to have more.

Does it stack with Tactical Genius? Because Prodigal does seem to have picked that up.

Vanigo
Dec 16, 2021

PoptartsNinja posted:

Shooting End Phase
Rifleman
- Must pass a piloting test (5 piloting + 1 massive damage = 6): automatic failure!
- - Falls forward in hex 1719 facing hex 1819!
- - Rifleman suffers 6 damage in the fall to Right Torso (15/20 armor remaining), Right Torso (14/20 armor remaining ([b]TAC!
))!
- - - [b]Rifleman
suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - - Automatic upper! Rolled 1, XL Engine hit!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 piloting + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 5, failed!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!
Massive damage? I only see 18 damage on the Rifleman from an ERLL and two MLs. Was the Phoenix Hawk LAM supposed to have fired a second ML?

Vanigo
Dec 16, 2021

AJ_Impy posted:

Hoplite

Oh hey, taking advantage of me standing with my back to it.

Doesn’t change my course of action, though keeping all three lasers on it is risky if it gets a fortunate hit location .Can’t get a better defensive mod short of walking into the woods.

Let’s hope this isn’t a trade.

Orders in.

Don't forget, the rear firing arc is wider than the rear hit zone. At your current location, he's actually hitting your right side, but your rear laser can still hit him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanigo
Dec 16, 2021

PoptartsNinja posted:

Some of the force comps already have an upgraded JumpShip. I didn't give it to all of them because I value the Lion and its extra spares pretty highly, because it means if you pick up a great pilot in some periphery trash 'Mech you can trade them into something good straight away.

I might let myself be argued up to a Merchant-class for all setups, but I'm afraid you're probably not getting anything bigger than that in the deep periphery. Anything bigger would be dedicated to hauling a Battalion around and the odds of a Company Commander getting a second JumpShip are near zero.
That's an upgrade? A Merchant only has two collars, the Tramp has three.