Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

propatriamori posted:

I don't have enough experience with how the game plays out in practice. I thought the light ACs were basically supposed to have tremendous range to compensate for their light damage. I'd be tempted to increase the ranges on them even more, though I immediately think that makes them so situational that they wouldn't be useful in most play unless you were using very large maps.

They work better in the lore, especially AC/2's as they made great anti-aircraft weapons with their incredible range.

I like the changes you've come up with though PTN, seems reasonable and no work required to rebuild mechs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Defiance Industries posted:

They do in TT too, you just gotta load flak rounds instead of standard slugs.

They are great at that, it just requires using both mechs and fighters at the same time.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Z the IVth posted:

What use arms if you're not going to put guns on them?

Flap them up and down as an "Improvised Flight Mechanism"?

You can't have giant punchy robots without the punchy part.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

It does look like this version has a pair of SRM6s, so be mindful of those.

On the plus side, can't kick if they fire the SRM's as they're in the legs. Unless that rule changed.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

I still say the Stalker looks too much like a walking buttplug, but I appreciate there being a lore explanation.

The original 3025 TRO was big on that. Basically designed to break through in a siege by just walking forward, and said a favorite tactic of Stalker pilots in city fighting was to hide inside of buildings, and just pop out to shoot another 'Mech after it passed. It had some fun stuff in that old TRO.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Farseli posted:

You buttered us up with that talk on how a scout lance can be useful and fun. How can we pick the Assault Company after that?

An assault lance would have more guns. More guns is always better.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

wiegieman posted:

Vacillation lance.

Oscillation and Scintillation lance would go well as a theme for that.

Or Defenestration lance.
Ennui lance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Volmarias posted:

Submarines have had deck guns, too. They don't have to fight purely underwater, and it helps if the ammo runs dry

Bit more reliable than torpedoes as well. Or was when they first built them.