Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Defiance Industries posted:

1315 seems like good defensive terrain to post up at, I'm gonna make my way over and rattle some rounds through my autocannon at the first thing that crosses my path.

re: enemy units, the last two are pretty intriguing. We got a prototype Panther and also a special Whitworth that was only for the Amaris Dragoons for use "as a terror weapon." Only 24 of them were ever built. Definitely running into an Island of Misfit Toys here. Wonder if the third guy is a similarly odd duck.

I was looking too, and I came up with a WTH-1S. Out of curiosity, what makes you think -0? Wouldn't the flamer show up in the statblock, or is it classed as a "laser" until it's nailed down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Anyway if it isn't already obvious to everyone I think the vehicles are a bog-standard Galleon and a SRM-variant Heavy Tracked APC. You might end up with a platoon of infantry on the field at some point.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bloody Pom posted:

If it is a WTH-1S, and I don't see what else it could be, it's missing two heat sinks. Typo on the info card?

It very well might be - I wasn't looking at the heat sinks. How does that get calculated for the card?

E: looks like it's just "heat dissipated = # of single heat sinks". Simple as.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

ilmucche posted:

At 1326 the enemy mechs at 1422 and 1418 won't have LOS right?

I can't count MP but at 1226 would any of them*? I love the idea of a 'mech action-movie-diving behind a handy bit of terrain.

* 0322 would I guess.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
If Ravager is our only current source of potential new clues, it's best to butter her up a bit. Ask her whether she'd prefer to have the Thunderbolt repaired to its current pirate spec or restored to factory, as a sign of good faith.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Kesper North posted:

Isn't the Lightning basically a hunchback in plane form

I'm picturing an even uglier A-10 Warthog.

BRRRRRRT

A common Warthog unit unofficial "morale patch".

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 5, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Wendigo about to be Wendi-gone.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Defiance Industries posted:

First appearance of the Clans was the first one.

Is that the mission that introduced Steiner Rules dueling? I wouldn't count that as a failure just for sheer loving style.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
How ruthless are we? Because a Centurion transponder isn't the only thing that could be installed on that Falcon. There are other, remotely triggered options that we don't have to tell the pilot about.

Think of it as an insurance policy.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

propatriamori posted:

hello, I am your Battlemaster for this fight. I've played a little tabletop Battletech before; happy that I'm in this Battlemaster variant because last time I had two PPCs all to myself I cooked off my own ammo bins.

The unknown heavies look like one of the Kuritan PPC-Catapults and a Dragon, I guess? Pretty decent heavies all around, though I think the Catapults usually have thin armor?

Looks fun. I hope we get to push someone through thin ice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Dragon and a K-pult would mean half the 'mechs on the scene are associated with House Kurita. Could be meaningful to the bigger whodunnit.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Cythereal posted:

A Catapult K2 would be a very rare sight in the Periphery at this time, is my big reservation. The Catapult in general is supposed to be a pretty rare design until 3033 when the Combine starts building more. The Cestus on the other hand was a well known SLDF design until its factory got blown up in the Succession Wars.

The sprite looks way more Catapult than Cestus.

E: Also the Cestus 6X has all its weapons in the arms.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 6, 2024

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
:laugh:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
E: Nevermind, should have refreshed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue