Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Construction speed seems like a worthy investment in speeding up future growth. And probably makes Lunete happier, in some small way. And isn't that what's most important? Keeping the tech-priests happy?

Hail the Omnissiah.

edit: hah, dang it, update near bottom of previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, construction speed seems good.

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Loving the videos gray, keep 'em coming

I'd say the 50% XP boost would be better as you get
more benefit the earlier you take it

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Let’s hit that craft world and get that plot moving on!

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
You know if you do the melee action to the eldar guns you take control of them. It saves a ton of grief over just fighting them.

Also on higher difficulties there is a fight at the doorway as well.

Doing well so far, keep it up! This next section of the game is significantly harder to manage (if I'm remembering correctly)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

After a hard mission, I have to pick another one - do I go for….

Spirus, a long way away, and another grimore?

Nellux V, and a terrible single requisition?

Or Back on the horse, and trying to stop the bloom spawn at Optulum V?

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

As tempting as Optulum looks, your roster is looking pretty beat up even with the new augmetics, so I suggest passing on the high-danger mission and instead going for Spirus VI.

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
Take revenge on Optulum for its insolence! Its bounty of servitors cry out for your intervention.

Also if you don't your only option for it will be a full exterminatus soon.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Both are on the edge. But Nellux has a storm bolter on offer which is always useful*

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Also oof. Your A team is out for the next month, your B time needs a breather.. Time for the C Listers!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I go right back in to try and take out Optulum - Then it's on to defending puny guardsmen from waves of chaos minions!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Time finish off the first defence mission then set off on another one!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'm not sure if it's a bug or the tech, but no warp Surges make for easy missions

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I imagine it's the researched techs, but it does seem weird that there's not a mandatory minimum of Warp surge build-up each turn. Maybe something to do with the difficulty setting too?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Does it matter? It makes things go -so- much faster! No five minutes of looping animations per turn!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I get in on the next mission and get all the samples I need to forge the Codex Toxicus!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I don't know how far in advance you've recorded, Grey Hunter, but I keep seeing you sending knights out with an empty Equipment Slot because you've unlocked a second wargear slot on them.

Apologies if this is intentional or whatever but it can be a big boost even if it's just some greaves of +resistance or +crit chance or +autos or whatever (which you have unlimited of once you get one of, IIRC). Very notably it stacks with traits like Purgator's Extra Grenade Ammo, letting them walk into a mission with 6 uses of grenades (though of two different types).

Only occasionally watching this LP due to distractions but quite enjoying it. I need to go restart my own game of it, activating the DLC missions before doing the craftworld is... awkward sadly.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Tylana posted:

I don't know how far in advance you've recorded, Grey Hunter, but I keep seeing you sending knights out with an empty Equipment Slot because you've unlocked a second wargear slot on them.

Apologies if this is intentional or whatever but it can be a big boost even if it's just some greaves of +resistance or +crit chance or +autos or whatever (which you have unlimited of once you get one of, IIRC). Very notably it stacks with traits like Purgator's Extra Grenade Ammo, letting them walk into a mission with 6 uses of grenades (though of two different types).

Only occasionally watching this LP due to distractions but quite enjoying it. I need to go restart my own game of it, activating the DLC missions before doing the craftworld is... awkward sadly.

I keep forgetting that and stratigems. I'll try and remember for the next episode!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I clear a couple more bloom missions in preperation for the first Plague lord!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I have to crush one mor ebloom mission before taking on the first plauge lord.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

It's time to take on Agar - the first of the Reapers!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
You have any plans down the line to do Jagged Alliance 3? That just seems a game that you would do!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

wedgekree posted:

You have any plans down the line to do Jagged Alliance 3? That just seems a game that you would do!

I've not really looked at it, but I did play some of 2, so I'll take a look after this is done!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Grey Hunter posted:

I've not really looked at it, but I did play some of 2, so I'll take a look after this is done!

Stop making me buy games with your lps.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Stop making me buy games with your lps.

I'm not making you.
I'm influencing you.
Next I'll be influencing you to give my money and buy my merch.

Croctapus Choclate, Coming to nowhere near you!
(I have no merch, you are safe MrBeast)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm not making you.
I'm influencing you.
Next I'll be influencing you to give my money and buy my merch.

Croctapus Choclate, Coming to nowhere near you!
(I have no merch, you are safe MrBeast)

Would potentially buy a stuffed croctopi.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Cool! It seems like it'd be your speed! It doesn't have the mix and match of cosmetics of getting to detail all your space marine armor alas.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The next reaper brings on our first save scum.
Cos this guy does not play fair!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Let's get a few seeds so we can hunt down a reaper or two!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Time to take on Municifent the Undying, and make a lie of his name!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The plan to take out the Reapers one by one gets blown apart.....

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Things are getting desperate, and a fall is approaching.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Ooof! The pain cometh! Also remember you can arm your guys wiht stuff in thier middle eqiupment slot! A lot of them leave it empty.

And are you approaching endgame already?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, it feels like things are escalating quite quickly. I'm a little surprised the last cutscene didn't end with the demon getting executed or spaced, which is a little ominous.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

We continue to hurtle towards the endgame, and the inevitable happens.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

It was truly inevitable. An Inquisitor was involved, after all. At least it was also sort of useful.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

disposablewords posted:

It was truly inevitable. An Inquisitor was involved, after all. At least it was also sort of useful.

To be fair, they did a great job of making me care about her by the end. I was worried it would be an enthusiastic fall, the sacrificial fall is much better.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, this is pretty much very different in how you expect an Inquisitorial involvement to end. Hell, it was even properly planned and executed by her, which puts her above 99% of the entire Inquisitorial organization in WH40K games :v:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Abject apologies! I've been phone psoting for the last week in a place with next to no internet, and I've just realised I posted an episode out of order!

The story should make a bit more sense now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Whoopsie-doodle! ...I will confess, I've only been half paying attention anyway because I still want to get to this myself sooner rather than later, so I didn't even notice. But a somewhat soft voice chatting amicably over the sound of bolter fire and exploding cultists is surprisingly relaxing.