Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I decided to add a poll.
Goku.
The other Goku.
View Results

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Dick Fontaine posted:

i would bring back cliff yablonski, but i would write his hateful screeds in such a way that they were more revealing and condemning of himself than the objects of his ire. through his words i would create a universe for him to live in and illustrate just how pathetic his place in it would be. the readers would be tempted to empathize with cliff but hopefully they would know better

all of his targets would be influencers and rich people so you don’t have to feel bad for laughing

i could be imagining but i'm pretty sure cliff always came off as a pathetic belligerent maniac loser. or am i getting him mixed up with cliffyb? easy mistake to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'd write something encouraging people to play cassette beasts cos I'm playing it right now and it's cool

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
No Way To Prevent This, Says Only Website With Goldbelly Problem

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

4. "The Funniest Animal Videos That Will Make You LOL"

I would for sure click this article. I love to lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'd just flood it with auto-generated seo trash

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bad Purchase posted:

and what of jeff k?

he made fifty million on tiktok and split, i heard

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fan fiction about mythological figures having consensual sexual relations with anime characters made real, who are all being kept in a secret Comoros island prison complex by the French government.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Dump Truck Watch

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/better-together/

Was this.... supposed to be comedy? :whitewater:

Sometimes I think I could write for the front page.

Then I remember, lol, no, I can't.

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 1, 2023

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Whatever topic goons are pretending to be outraged about this week.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I would attempt to write edgy articles about plants, as that's my hobby. I'm not a god tier master gardener, and I've killed several hundred, but now have enough experience to provide information such as why Rex Begonia are scum and should be given to your enemies so that they either feel bad about killing it or make fun of them for killing it.

Honestly I feel like there is a middle tier of "just good enough" house plant care guides out there. They're either cookie cutter empty quote bullshit that doesn't actually help at all or says things like "needs water when soil is slightly moist". What the gently caress is the difference between moist and slightly moist? gently caress you! OR they're overly technical masterpieces of information that will just confuse the poo poo out of anyone who doesn't have a degree in plantalology or whatever. I feel I could provide useful information such as "probably won't kill your dog", "won't look like poo poo immediately", or "this looks fancy and hard to keep alive but actually it's super useful and you can eat it if you want to scare people who visit"

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Deleter posted:

I'd write something encouraging people to play cassette beasts cos I'm playing it right now and it's cool

Does it get better than the first fifteen minutes? I've got it downloaded but it didn't quite grab me right away.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Frame by frame breakdowns of Kirk Johnson's lesser known works.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i could be imagining but i'm pretty sure cliff always came off as a pathetic belligerent maniac loser.

Which picture of you is up here?
https://www.somethingawful.com/cliff-yablonski

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I would try to be funny but fail.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A proud of defense of anime using only studio ghibli films

Haunta
Apr 9, 2011
I'm outraged to learn that the front page is no longer the front page. Nothing said "join our healthy vibrant community" better than that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A proud attack on wikipedia using only the articles about Western cartoons of the 1980s

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'd write an article about how, in light of recent events, lowtax has decided to bring hentai back to sa.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I'd hand complete control of the front page over to my good friend Hayley so she can make daily posts about her son getting bullied by girls there instead of places I actually read (she literally emails me videos of her reading her posts as well, there is no escape). She works as a freelance writer but it's only like $50 an article. I'm serious here, we could all benefit from this; I'm getting multiple videos a day.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i would just repost old fragmaster flash animations

WITHOUT permission :c00l:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Calm Hitler's Cooking Corner

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Bring back WTF D&D, those were excellent

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I would do a weekly review of an item from Goldbelly.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

in an effort to open a portal directly to hell i would create my own shmorky cartoons. i would not put much effort into it and they would not be very good. in particular, i would focus on making numerous technical mistakes. then i would sit back and wait to see what these abominations summon

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Libellous accusations of cheating against respected sports fishermen.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dear "kotakus": I was right

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
best of real, legally actionable threats against prominent litigious celebrities and businesspeople

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Ten Things Scientology Got Right

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I'd probably write a humorous 'obituaries' column if provided a permabanned posters list. There would be a lot of historical inaccuracies, but I would append a footnote to the article every time an alt is rooted out.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

My Thoughts Regarding the Bones and Teeth of the Titan Submersible Crew

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
I am here to poorly photoshop things.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I'd probably write a humorous 'obituaries' column if provided a permabanned posters list. There would be a lot of historical inaccuracies, but I would append a footnote to the article every time an alt is rooted out.

This could be pretty funny.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Become a mod and then post a rundown of a certain report abuser's bangers of the week

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Development updates / .plan file for my "piss on everything" mod for Duke Nukem Forever

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

A periodical piece where I update you on the very latest tips and tricks for keeping your personal space/office tidy, and generally promoting positivity around the workplace.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

What was even in the furry apology article that made it so it bad it had to be purged? Was it ironic and actually anti-furry? or was it just really embarrassing in some other way. There doesn't appear to be an internet back-up of it.

I'd write an article about really bad books. My first target would be the classic novel Twisted! by Miranda Leek about anthropomorphic roller coasters. Although knowing the history of movies reviews on the front page. that section would probably eventually have authors that turn into unironic praising or having poo poo about the author not knowing what female rollercoasters would look like.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 9, 2023

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

I would turn it into a Pig Balls Deus Ex total conversion mod page

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Other people write for money or clout but I would write to change the world for the better. I would engage with the powerful and elite and teach them the error of their ways. Use my soapbox for good. For the improvement of all mankind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Nap Ghost
I honestly miss those dorks who talked about Warhammer