Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"They say in the No Holds Bar, anything goes. - Stone Cold Steve Austin

This is the No Holds Bar, where anything goes. Disputes occur quite often in the No Holds Bar - and they're resolved through wrestling. There is a bar part where beer and other drinks are served and a wrestling part with two rings. The establishment is owned and operated by Roadtruck Hickenbottom, owner and proprietor.

(((This is being opened to address complaints about weekly limits on RP encounters in the mainstream wrestling forums. RP limits here are non-existent and the opportunities are limitless.

Rules:

Introduce yourself with... an intro: Your first post should start with a bio of your character, including shoot name, worked name [if applicable] worked weight, worked height, and a brief background of your character history. Feel free to provide other details not mentioned.

Limit OOC Interactions: If OOC interaction is necessary, contact the relevant roleplayers privately. If this method fails to resolve the issue, you may post here but please use TRIPLE PARENTHESIS.

No real-life personal attacks: Avoid making personal attacks against other members or their real-life identities. Focus on the in-character aspects of wrestling storylines and rivalries.

Collaborative storytelling: Engage in collaborative storytelling with other roleplayers to create compelling wrestling storylines and matches. Communicate and coordinate with fellow roleplayers to develop engaging narratives.

No power-playing or god-modding: Respect the boundaries of other players' characters. Avoid controlling or overpowering other characters without permission. Collaboration and consent are essential.

Wrestling terminology and realism: Familiarize yourself with professional wrestling terminology and adhere to basic wrestling realism. Maintain a level of believability and avoid extreme or unrealistic actions.

Post quality: Strive for well-written posts that are easy to understand and engaging. Use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Avoid excessive abbreviations or text speak.

Match results and cooperation: Collaborate with your opponent to determine the outcome of matches. Respect the decisions made by your fellow roleplayers and work together to create exciting and balanced matches.

Character development: Take the time to develop your wrestling character's backstory, personality, and motivations. Create a well-rounded character that adds depth and interest to the roleplaying experience.

No meta-gaming: Avoid using out-of-character knowledge or information to influence in-character actions or decisions. Stay true to the information available within the roleplaying context.

Multiple characters: Typically, one account per wrestling character is allowed. Avoid creating multiple accounts to deceive or engage in rule-breaking behavior.

Privacy and personal information: Do not share personal or sensitive information about yourself or others on the forum. Respect the privacy of fellow members.

Other than that.... There are no rules! Other than that.... There are no rules!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wow, opening night at my bar, the No Holds Barred. [polishing drinking glass with Undertaker decal on it] As JR would say, this is looking to be a slobberknocker. I just wish my dad were here, he'd be proud of what I'm starting. But it's no matter [he grinned] I guess by now I'm a kid who's quite used to heartbreak.

----------------

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'm going to do holds in that bar.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Closing the bar for the afternoon

----------------

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I open the bar and begin to sweep up

----------------

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bars closed

----------------

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Limited hours today due to holiday

----------------

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Closed through holiday

----------------

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
you locked me in, I've been in here for days, please help.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"You're not a sexy boy," the Voice said, and another echoed "sexy boy."

"Pick up your toys, boy!" It spoke. "Toys, boy."

"You're not my sexy boy," and again, the echo.

"Sexy b---"

"ENOUGH!"

Snapping back to reality, the blurred image of IGgy IGsen - presumably talking about pretzel bowls or free beer coupons or whatever - circles round and round, a ring drowning out whatever bullcrap he's saying, along with that post-concussion mumble effect that happens in movies.

But Him... His voice. It comes through loud and clear.

"A wrestling bar, boy?" It was his Father's voice. "You'll probably be outta business in three weeks! That will be a showstoppa, for YOU!"

Well here I am- Roadtruck Hickenbottom - two weeks into my dream career of starting my own bar The No Holds Bar. Some fantasy. I aint even sold a single beer...........

"You're nothing but heartbreak, kid!"

"Shut UP!"

I try to piledrive IGgy IGsen.

----------------

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm Hulk Hogan, brother

e: Gimme a drink, dude

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sorry friend, the bar was closed. Do you still want that beer.

----------------

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Listen, jack, I wanted that beer 2 days ago. Now I want peanuts.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I have to go to the store for those (gets in my car) please watch the shop while I get the peanuts

----------------

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Welcome to HOGAN'S BEACH!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The White Castle of Fear but it's also a functional White Castle fast food restaurant and the fear is of food poisoning

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
aids

thanks for the epic sig el spider

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

con That DICK!
assist Fucker

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've started a fire for the insurance money. Soon this place will be cleansed

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

(((can someone start a fireman thread)))

----------------

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oi i am from across the pond. i like to say the word oval office.

Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*runs in from outside*

PLEASE GOD WHERE IS THE TERLET

You Can Join Something Awful Wrestling Today

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm Eastern on twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
*teleports behind Meckhu*

nothin-ow, gently caress, ow!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The fire has spread, soon it will reach the spirits

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lets see. planters. members mark. sea salt virginia...... planters......

----------------

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
this bar doesn't have outward opening doors dicky, total deathtrap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

sorry for the negativity. i'll take an entire vat of pickled eggs and two double Skols, neat