Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Fivers not playing so hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Would really like a Loons win tonight.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the motherfuckin powercube

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Shaq finally does something and I’m watching the stupid US lose to freaking Panama

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

paddyboat posted:

Shaq finally does something and I’m watching the stupid US lose to freaking Panama

It's a funny ol' game innit?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

whypick1 posted:

It's a funny ol' game innit?

there’s a chicago fan in a boba fett costume and a baby yoda doll in the stands so, yes

(yes my monitor is on)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

paddyboat posted:

there’s a chicago fan in a boba fett costume and a baby yoda doll in the stands so, yes

(yes my monitor is on)

This post is too long to be used as a thread title, but dammit it should be allowed.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well that's Goal of the Week :smith:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Brad Guzan is getting cranky in his old age

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Guess the Revs didn't take too kindly to getting screwed out of a point last time out and let DC know it.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Was at the Revs-DC game and that loving ruled. Game featured some nice goals, a hilarious own goal, a late red card, some wild saves from Petrovic, and several balls off the post and crossbar from us.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

skc still fuckin' suck rear end i see

*glances wistfully across the state*

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

no notes

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Definitely going to have to look up how Nashville is playing with 9 players right now.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
it’s a fuckin miracle anyone scored in chi/toronto but they did it

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Two guys getting subbed off due to injury in the first half isn’t great!!!!!!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rogue0071 posted:

Was at the Revs-DC game and that loving ruled. Game featured some nice goals, a hilarious own goal, a late red card, some wild saves from Petrovic, and several balls off the post and crossbar from us.

I was there too, and it was pretty dire til the first goal. After that it was much better. The own goal was pretty comical, Spaulding nearly scoring that curler would’ve also been very entertaining.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
*Siiiiiiiiiigh* Bond is back and immediately gives up a goal. The Galaxy desperately need a new keeper.

Also, the green kits still look amazing.

Edit: 2-0. I do not believe that we will still be unbeaten in the post-Klein era.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 16, 2023

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Red Bulls Bad

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

whypick1 posted:

Definitely going to have to look up how Nashville is playing with 9 players right now.

double rainbow after weather delay
intentional handball
dumb shoulder barge for a second yellow

five reds in four games

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Ah, yes. This is the Galaxy I've come to be familiar with. This bullshit is like a warm blanket.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Owen Goal FTW!

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I don’t believe it, we scored a goal. Please score another.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Annnnnnd then immediately give one up.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
2 dallass goals
0 seattle goals

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Ok, the Galaxy are still going to lose, but the mere fact that we're still attacking (and even scored once!) says a whole lot about the team.

Edit: 3-2! Is this El Trafico?

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 16, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pigma_Micron posted:

Edit: 3-2! Is this El Trafico?

I'm sure there's got to be some sort of "rivalry" name for Hollywood vs. Hollywood North

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

whypick1 posted:

I'm sure there's got to be some sort of "rivalry" name for Hollywood vs. Hollywood North

Some kind of high budget/low budget nonsense for sure.

That said, this is the first time a Galaxy loss has felt like something other than a huge failure in a good long while.

No longer unbeaten in the post-Klein era, but the team played like an actual goddamn team. I'll take that.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 16, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just started watching this league due to off season and doing lots of work from home. What are some exciting fun teams to follow? So far I have watched Real Salt Lake and Montreal games. Montreal seems kinda poo poo but Real Salt Lake have some entertaining players.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

IMNSHO:

If you want to watch attractive soccer:
*Cincy - Current Shield leaders, seem to have finally found their attack and can dump multiple goals on any team at this point. Marked difference from 2 years ago when they picked up their third straight Wooden Spoon and were 1 goal short of giving up the most goals in a season...which was set by themselves 2 years prior.
*St. Louis - New team that is punching way (way way way) above its weight class to lead the Western Conference. I do expect them to fall back down to Earth, especially as teams figured out their CBs *shouldn't* pass it directly to the St. Louis' #9 to give him the shortest 1-on-1 with the keeper possible.
*Nashville - Leading MVP candidate + stout defense = good team. However, they've hit a skid where they've wracked up more red cards than goals, but I doubt this will push them into the other category.
*Philly/Columbus/RSL - Really solid small-market teams that will actually score goals

If you want to watch dumpster fires become even more dumpster fire-y:
*Toronto - Highest payroll in the league, worst PPG, already fired coach. Basically :tif: epitomized
*Miami - Seems like they signed a couple players recently that might bump them up into the other category (the team hasn't given them much publicity though... /s), but until they snap their 11-game winless streak, they're firmly planted here

Really wish I could put my team in that first category but I'd rather not have you die from a series of 0-0/1-0/1-1 games.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Atlanta is the most entertaining team to watch as a neutral. They score a lot, they concede a lot, they have probably the most exciting young talent in the league (Almada) and they generally have a good atmosphere. There's been 81 goals in 24 ATL matches this season.

Columbus is fun for similar reasons. Cincy has paced the league so far this year.

and I guess LAFC, who are in a rough patch lately but generally play an attacking style and are likely going to be in the mix for MLS cup. They seem to be on the hunt for a big signing, apparently after Lozano from Napoli.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh, and in case you didn't catch it during any of the broadcasts, the regular season is going on break for the next month for both the All-Star Game (Wednesday against Arsenal) and the Leagues Cup, an MLS-LigaMX competition that involves every team. Mercifully I get to miss both of my team's group stage matches and tbh I kinda hope they don't advance so the players can get some goddamn rest.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i hadn't really looked at the leagues cup schedule, quite pleased to find theres games nearly everyday and not bunched into saturdays. Between that, WWC, and all the u.s. based preseason friendlies, gonna be a lot of soccer on tv the next couple of weeks.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

whypick1 posted:

IMNSHO:

If you want to watch attractive soccer:
*Cincy - Current Shield leaders, seem to have finally found their attack and can dump multiple goals on any team at this point. Marked difference from 2 years ago when they picked up their third straight Wooden Spoon and were 1 goal short of giving up the most goals in a season...which was set by themselves 2 years prior.
*St. Louis - New team that is punching way (way way way) above its weight class to lead the Western Conference. I do expect them to fall back down to Earth, especially as teams figured out their CBs *shouldn't* pass it directly to the St. Louis' #9 to give him the shortest 1-on-1 with the keeper possible.
*Nashville - Leading MVP candidate + stout defense = good team. However, they've hit a skid where they've wracked up more red cards than goals, but I doubt this will push them into the other category.
*Philly/Columbus/RSL - Really solid small-market teams that will actually score goals

If you want to watch dumpster fires become even more dumpster fire-y:
*Toronto - Highest payroll in the league, worst PPG, already fired coach. Basically :tif: epitomized
*Miami - Seems like they signed a couple players recently that might bump them up into the other category (the team hasn't given them much publicity though... /s), but until they snap their 11-game winless streak, they're firmly planted here

Really wish I could put my team in that first category but I'd rather not have you die from a series of 0-0/1-0/1-1 games.

G-Hawk posted:

Atlanta is the most entertaining team to watch as a neutral. They score a lot, they concede a lot, they have probably the most exciting young talent in the league (Almada) and they generally have a good atmosphere. There's been 81 goals in 24 ATL matches this season.

Columbus is fun for similar reasons. Cincy has paced the league so far this year.

and I guess LAFC, who are in a rough patch lately but generally play an attacking style and are likely going to be in the mix for MLS cup. They seem to be on the hunt for a big signing, apparently after Lozano from Napoli.

Good calls. I will check Cincy since they seem like they are the leader usually good to see how good the leaders are. Columbus Crew seem like a fun team, I have seen one game of them. Atlanta I did want to watch because of Almada so nice to see they play well too.

I do intended to check Inter Miami and the Messi experiment. I saw one of their games where they got a draw and they were horrid.

whypick1 posted:

Oh, and in case you didn't catch it during any of the broadcasts, the regular season is going on break for the next month for both the All-Star Game (Wednesday against Arsenal) and the Leagues Cup, an MLS-LigaMX competition that involves every team. Mercifully I get to miss both of my team's group stage matches and tbh I kinda hope they don't advance so the players can get some goddamn rest.

Ya that looks interesting, I think I saw that it's on AppleTV MLS pass so I will check it out.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ulio posted:

Just started watching this league due to off season and doing lots of work from home. What are some exciting fun teams to follow? So far I have watched Real Salt Lake and Montreal games. Montreal seems kinda poo poo but Real Salt Lake have some entertaining players.

Seattle is not the answer, although Leo Chu has been exciting this year. It's the team to watch if you want 3 of 5 games to be 0-0, with the other two games 4-1

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

It’s going to be real interesting to see how Messi deals with being on a genuinely awful team for the first time in his life.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

It’s going to be real interesting to see how Messi deals with being on a genuinely awful team for the first time in his life.

have a cubano, have a lol with busquets, make $60M most likely

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

His debut is versus the worst Mexican team. So I expect it to be a good start at least. Also he is so good in freekicks and he is Messi so he will probably get poo poo load of fouls on him.

Although I feel like if they are this bad in the league, Messi won't be enough. I don't know the MLS import rules but they would need to bring a good European striker maybe someone like Aubamayeng or Giroud(old but good and would realistically play in MLS). Messi's vision is insane but I doubt Miami has a clinical finisher or else they wouldn't be dead last in MLS.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
MLS doesn’t have import rules anymore, IIRC. However, you can only have three players on your roster that don’t count against the salary cap, and Inter’s at four right now (I imagine Gregore will be sold soon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

They are actually at 3 (Messi, Martinez, Gregore), as they axed Pizarro ahead of signing Messi.

And they're only at 7 International spots used, so they presumably have 1 more available.