Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Images such as GIFS and MEMES that show Gore is fine

Images that show nudity or any type of sexual act must be spoilered and labeled :nws:

As the saying goes, you can show a woman being killed but she can't be naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

BrownPepper posted:

What are some of people's favorite castration scenes?
I'm going with "girl accidentally shoots her boyfriend's schlong off with a spear gun" in The Rage: Carrie 2.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ground floor in a epic thread.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Reporting in.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Lets see how this one goes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Reporting in for spooks and spectres and such.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

BrownPepper posted:

What are some of people's favorite castration scenes?

I mean, it's the obvious choice, but Antichrist was a delight from start to finish and the castration scene was the cherry on top.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This, is a good thread.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Also: The Terminator (1984) is not only a horror film, it’s one of the best horror films

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Twister is a slasher.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Me telling myself to watch all the horror movies.

Zechariah
Mar 20, 2020

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Like any good slasher villain, the thread's never dead, it just gets a sequel.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hail to the king.

I’m saving this if my house catches on fire.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Hail to the king.

loving rules.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Like any good slasher villain, the thread's never dead, it just gets a sequel.

this is the third thread. a strange entry in the franchise, taking a few wild unexpected swings, but with a diehard legion of fans who declare it the best so far

next thread we go to space

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TheMopeSquad posted:

It made Phantasm V look better by comparison.

Phantasm V is the second best Phantasm movie.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
In this iteration of the thread, we go to a high rise military boarding school college with a rollercoaster in Vegas on a prison planet, where we get a hockey mask and train a group of troubled teens (including Leonardo DiCaprio) to fight Nazis, before we get put on trial for an urban harvest, all in 3D.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Starring 2023 Leonardo DiCaprio

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

this is the third thread. a strange entry in the franchise, taking a few wild unexpected swings, but with a diehard legion of fans who declare it the best so far

next thread we go to space

Space isn't until the 5th or later thread.

This is the thread where we discover our long lost father and become meaner.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This is the thread where I develop supernatural abilities to fight against the shitposters, but only in the dream-world.

But then it becomes a matter of what’s a dream, and what is real?! :shrug:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Tremors remains the Platonic ideal of a creature feature

Barbarian (Hulu) was insane lol. I somehow avoided spoilers for The Good Stuff. Love how the movie shows you AJ is a massively unperceptive self-centered horrible person but he clearly has no clue; nobody thinks they’re the villain after all. Pretty drat funny at times too.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

watched a bit of an odd duck, Fanny Lye Deliver'd. folk-horror trappings, but honestly more of a period drama with some great kills in the last act

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Origami Dali posted:

Found footage sucks
Agree that found footage sucks, both from a motion sickness angle and from a "why are you filming this?" angle, but the related 'horror mockumentary' genre gave us Lake Mungo and I will actual-factual murder you if you think that movie isn't the tightest poo poo ever.

Just watched Savageland and it very, very clearly was taking inspiration from Lake Mungo but tried to do its own thing and it was only OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyJLF1cL2r0

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Third thread; if it's looks like I'm just shoving my posts into the camera for no reason, you're supposed to wear the glasses.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Sam Raimi rules! My fav Friday the 13th movies are 4 and 6, hell of a series.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Hail to the king.

very cool, man!

e: my favourite Raimi film is A Simple Plan

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Unwelcome is so ridiculous lol. Pretty fun watch on Shudder

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s very stupid though

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Origami Dali posted:

Oh, and Skinamarink is great.

Origami Dali posted:

Found footage sucks

:thunk:

e:
69th post in the thread:

:nice:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 2, 2023

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Shrecknet posted:

Agree that found footage sucks, both from a motion sickness angle and from a "why are you filming this?" angle, but the related 'horror mockumentary' genre gave us Lake Mungo and I will actual-factual murder you if you think that movie isn't the tightest poo poo ever.

Just watched Savageland and it very, very clearly was taking inspiration from Lake Mungo but tried to do its own thing and it was only OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyJLF1cL2r0

best part of savageland were those loving black & white photographs

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I saw The Boogeyman in the theater. I actually liked it! The creature design was alright, and they wisely keep it offscreen or shadowed for the first 90% of the movie. Mostly I was impressed by the sound design and sound mixing. None of the modern lovely dialogue mixing issues, goes from perfectly legible sound to shockingly loud at just the right times.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

MrMojok posted:

Also: The Terminator (1984) is not only a mummy film, it’s one of the best mummy films

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Need like 100x more found footage to come out every year. I feel like it has so much untapped potential. I'm just scraping the bottom of the barrel watching cheap random ones on prime at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dig found footage. It’s an accessible way for more filmmakers and to hide production values. It’s a way to attach your audience to the characters and their perspective more effectively. There’s plenty of bad ones but there’s plenty of bad of your favorite genre too. There’s also plenty of standouts and classics. Or at least “classic” for a genre that’s mostly only a could of decades old.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

A sequel horror thread you say?

Let me tell you what happened to the last horror thread...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Okay what the hell is the name of the movie I'm remembering. It has a scene where these women kidnap a guy then take him to surgery and remove his dick. Then he wakes up in like a bowling alley goes to pee and starts screaming.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alhazred posted:

Escape Room and Escape Room 2: Tournament of Champions

Probably two of the dumbest movies I've seen recently but it's saved by some really good set design and the fact that you can never really trust the movies.

Escape Room 2 doesn't go far enough with the premise I feel but it couldn't really live up to that sequel teaser.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Escape Room 2 doesn't go far enough with the premise I feel but it couldn't really live up to that sequel teaser.

I'm down for the escape room franchise even tho I agree the sequel didn't go hard enough and introducing a major villain was pretty unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Not sure where else to post about this but figured people here might think this is cool.

There's a YouTube channel called British Cryptids (1974) that makes short films about fictional cryptids that are made in the style of 70's British television programming. They're pretty well made but update infrequently. They just uploaded a new video today as part of a parallel series called "Man's Unknowable World" that I thought was pretty was good.

They're all short watches and have a good spooky vibe to them.