Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

Some shameless plugging.

But done in the service of maybe getting a monster of the week TV show made in the near future by pointing out how our proof of concept was well received.

Just want to agree that this is delightful and funny and the merman is a pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

This is my text thread with my little sister :

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Am I good to share this with a Discord friend server I'm in, or is it meant to be on the down-low?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great article/interview with Melissa https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/melissa-barrera-interview-scream-firing-jenna-ortega-friendship-1235860455/

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Am I good to share this with a Discord friend server I'm in, or is it meant to be on the down-low?

Should be ok.

Some film festivals don't accept films that are on YouTube but if I keep it unlisted I foresee no problems.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kvlt! posted:

did you make this? this is excellent

Yep.

Wrote it. Directed it. Made most of the props. Worked very closely with our one person costumes department to fine tune the look of every character. Edited it. Did all the graphics.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Yep.

Wrote it. Directed it. Made most of the props. Worked very closely with our one person costumes department to fine tune the look of every character. Edited it. Did all the graphics.

Great job!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m stupid and haven’t watched it. I was waiting for the final version and thought it was a work print forever lol

I’m gonna run some errands and then throw it on the big tv when I get home!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Some shameless plugging.

But done in the service of maybe getting a monster of the week TV show made in the near future by pointing out how our proof of concept was well received.

Is the woman who plays the kid like 4’9” or is it just some forced perspective poo poo that makes her look so tiny

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

DeimosRising posted:

Is the woman who plays the kid like 4’9” or is it just some forced perspective poo poo that makes her look so tiny

I figured that's just how everyone looks when they're standing next to Gústi.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

We had him stand on apple boxes any time he was next to someone but he is genuinely very tall even without that.

AND the actress playing Lolla is 158 cm or 5 feet 1 in your Imperialist measurements

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 28, 2024

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FreudianSlippers posted:

We had him stand on apple boxes any time he was next to someone but he is genuinely very tall even without that.

AND the actress playing Lolla is 158 cm or 5 feet 1 in your Imperialist measurements

Hey I was pretty close

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Hint: You don't need the fire boots, but they could help later on.
Saw Winnie The Pooh: Blood & Honey II last night.
It was horrendous. Not as bad as the first one, but it spent most of its runtime trying very hard to retcon its predecessor and had like, four separate exposition dumps.

What I'm most interested though is the future of the franchise.
There are plans to make a cinematic universe (referred to as The Poohniverse) that includes warped versions of Bambi, Pinocchio, The Mad Hatter, and Peter Pan.
We even saw a teaser for Bambi: The Reckoning.
Concept art is also teased for these in B&H2, and includes what I think is a version of Dumbo, but nobody talks about it explicitly in any interviews that I've seen.

Writing this all down now so when the whole thing falls through there's a record of it.

Chip S. Challenge fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 29, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Whole thing is such a grift I hate it. The fact they can’t be bothered to try and make something good is disgusting imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Maybe they really are trying their best

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

then they are lost!!!!!!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"Poohniverse" is a mild chuckle and that's about as far as I'm going to engage with this nonsense.

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Crescent Wrench posted:

"Poohniverse" is a mild chuckle and that's about as far as I'm going to engage with this nonsense.

Would it make you feel better if I said the shared universe movie will be called Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I cannot wait to watch every poohniverse film and bring back the comic book movie thread but it's solely for poohniverse discussion

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MacheteZombie posted:

I cannot wait to watch every poohniverse film and bring back the comic book movie thread but it's solely for poohniverse discussion

But they’re based on children’s novels, not comics!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gripweed posted:

But they’re based on children’s novels, not comics!

I only know them from picture books

Exact
Same
Thing

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Indie darling Pooh 2 is bad? :eek:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Crescent Wrench posted:

If it turned out to be an enormous work of anticomedic performance art, I’d kind of respect that.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
I just got back from Late Night With The Devil and lmao it owns. It's definitely worth a watch when it hits Shudder, and I think it'd be even more fun on a TV.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

hell yeah

https://variety.com/2024/film/global/poohniverse-monsters-assemble-winnie-the-pooh-blood-honey-crossover-horror-1235943425/

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate it and I wish to kill it

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

inexplicably the russian sleep experiment prop is there in the bottom right. i’m pretty sure that was revealed to just be a spirit halloween prop so who knows how that’ll be used

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"He's gonna be SHORE in the morning!". Is that a play words in Icelandic as well as English?

Also, did you do the music?

Great movie!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chip S. Challenge posted:

inexplicably the russian sleep experiment prop is there in the bottom right. i’m pretty sure that was revealed to just be a spirit halloween prop so who knows how that’ll be used

This thumbnail cracks me up because it does look like a creepy deformed man on a hospital bed but once you blow it up it’s so obvious it’s just a snow covered prop lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean, that's a cute poster and all but it sure doesn't make me want to see any of that.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

You know what, I am at least curious to see what charmingly half-baked solution the crew come up with to the problem of 'visibly rotting horse-sized deer that can be ridden by the other monsters during action sequences and which can fit into our usual two-week zero-budget production cycle'.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

CelticPredator posted:

I hate it and I wish to kill it

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Caught Late Night With The Devil, and it's very successful at what it's doing -- despite some bald faced cheating -- until it's suddenly not. Completely breaking with the aesthetic was a bad choice IMO, though the scene immediately before was starting to raise some of the classic found footage complaint.

Much funnier than I thought it would be, and some good performances from people almost entirely hiding their accents, except one woman right at the end that made me realise that the production was Australian. Also a thoughtful script, interested in ideas about performance and artifice.

That said, I've seen a lot of talk about the concept being original and I dunno if that's true. It's more original on screen, sure, but I've definitely heard several variations of this in the television and podcast space including a drat Torchwood. I appreciate that stuff is filtering more mainstream though.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 29, 2024

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Open Source Idiom posted:

That said, I've seen a lot of talk about the concept being original and I dunno if that's true. It's more original on screen, sure, but I've definitely heard several variations of this in the television and podcast space including a drat Torchwood. I appreciate that stuff is filtering more mainstream though.

Ghostwatch did it in 1992

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Ghostface did it in 1992 and freaked out a nation.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Pretty sure you're both talking about the same thing. (Ghostwatch, with Parkinson.)

Inside No. Nine did their own version a few years back, twice lol.

The thing I was thinking about the most when watching this, though, was the Australian series Get Krack!n.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 29, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Alternative 3 did it first.

More people should talk about Alternative 3. Why aren't people talking about Alternative 3?

It's on youtube, watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc1tVaL8kOY

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Inside No. 9's take on GhostWatch was a blast, it must have been great to watch that live on proper TV. Roping in the BBC announcer to go off-script was incredible.

GhostWatch is still unmatched, but I am looking forward to watching Late Night With The Devil eventually.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

huh posted:

"He's gonna be SHORE in the morning!". Is that a play words in Icelandic as well as English?

Also, did you do the music?

Great movie!

The Icelandic line is "Hann var ekki upp á marga fiska þessi" of "He wasn't worth many fish" as that is a phrase commonly used to describe things that are cheap or substandard.

Music was done by a professional composer who is friends with Pál, the lead actor. When shooting the transformation/shirt ripping scene the producer and I were talking about how we really needed to find a composer and Páll went "Hey talk to my friend Viktor, he does that for a living."

And I'm really glad we did because the music is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Icelandic line is "Hann var ekki upp á marga fiska þessi" of "He wasn't worth many fish" as that is a phrase commonly used to describe things that are cheap or substandard.

I love Gusti and have nothing but respect for the Icelandic people but that sounds like a fake saying someone would make up to make fun of Iceland.