Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
horror doesn't get accolades because the people who give accolades are giant weenies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

my favorite part of late night with the devil was the phony psychic may he rest in peace

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they must send chucky into space for season 4 or i am canceling it

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

horror doesn't get accolades because the people who give accolades are giant weenies

It's true

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

chucky getting control of that laser satellite from akira and blowing cities up

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

It’s great that Jason went to space because I feel like he is the horror icon who would least understand the concept. He definitely didn’t know anything about what was going on in Jason X, whereas Freddy or Chucky would be more aware and have a lot of space related bits prepared.

But ultimately they should all go to space. Maybe even at the same time. Like a space battle royale.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CelticPredator posted:

I believe the reason horror doesn't get big accolades is it's too good of a genre for those awards. Horror is beneath them.

True. What was the last horror movie to really make some noise at the Oscars? Was it Silence of the Lambs? Pans Labyrinth I guess?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

theres a novelization of jason x and it goes into jason's pov sometimes and it must be read to be believed

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

BiggerBoat posted:

True. What was the last horror movie to really make some noise at the Oscars? Was it Silence of the Lambs? Pans Labyrinth I guess?

The Shape Of Water won best picture, and I believe it's the only horror film to win best picture. Haters and doubters will pretend it's dark fantasy or Gothic romance but it has a Gillman dammit. Poor Things also won several awards this year. Those are the only ones really.

Oh, wait, Get Out was very highly regarded. Of course, then the Academy snubbed Nope as hard as possible.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

theres a novelization of jason x and it goes into jason's pov sometimes and it must be read to be believed

lol holy poo poo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They do be fuckin, thought Jason.

I must kill them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im gonna hang out with the devil in a few. Hail satan

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

They do be fuckin, thought Jason.

I must kill them.

quote:

Hey, you!" Jason whirled. The two giggling females were standing
in a grassy area with the moon right behind them, wearing nothing
but little belly shirts and panties along with their big mindless
smiles. One of them held up a bottle and wiggled it at him.

"You want a beer?" she asked, giggling some more.

"Or do you want to smoke some pot?" added the other one,
producing a joint.

"Or we could just have pre-marital sex!" said the first one
cheerfully.

He stared as they tossed away the beer and the joint to pull their
shirts off over their heads. Topless now, they each struck a pose as if
they were having their picture taken.

"We just love pre-marital sex!" they said in unison.

Jason raised his machete and advanced on them. But instead of
screaming and running away, they only climbed into a pair of

sleeping bags lying on the grass behind them and continued to giggle
as heartily as ever.

He bent over and took a closer look at them. They registered as live
humans but oddly. Were these the ones he had sensed eluding him
before? Why didn't they do that now if they could? Or scream and
run?

Defective. They were defective. Like him, when he had been a
living creature.

No, not like him. They were happy; no one would want to hurt
them.

That settled, he zipped them into their sleeping bags and bashed
them alternately against each other and a nearby tree. Finally they
started squealing and screaming and they kept it up long after other
humans would have stopped. He would not have cared how long it
went on except that in between, they were also still giggling.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its on the internet archive and you can download it and read it if you wish

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

jason vs bigfoot its a tough one tbh idk whod win

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Everyone keeps dogging on the Randi stand in, that was one of my fav characters

he was one of the best parts of the Matrix Reloaded and he's the best part in this!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

bigfoot is a fictional character

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jason vs the monster truck known as bigfoot

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bigfoot is a fictional character

so is ed gein and they still made a movie of him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

so is ed gein and they still made a movie of him

(chuckles) are you referring to the ed gein movie starring kane hodder as ed gein?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my favorite part of late night with the devil was the phony psychic may he rest in peace

It’s such an obvious gag, but I still laughed when his accent would drop.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Kvlt! posted:

This would be a perfect movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Him offering the check to the demon was hilarious

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jason vs the monster truck known as bigfoot

So much car-nage, they better send a GRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAVE-DIGGERRRRRRR

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

Him offering the check to the demon was hilarious

:yeshaha:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Late Night with the Devil was cute but felt pretty underpowered - though I liked the group hypnosis bit a lot and the vibes in the climax were really fun, it's really lacking on the horror side. I kinda wish it had adhered more to the found footage element, but maybe I'm just spoiled by The Devil of Christmas. Shame about the AI, every time one of those godawful interstitials pops up it might as well just cut to one of the directors having a terrible time on the toilet.

Also I liked the detail of the censor not catching the first f-bomb. And Ingrid Torelli is loving fantastic.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Late Night with the Devil was cute but felt pretty underpowered - though I liked the group hypnosis bit a lot and the vibes in the climax were really fun, it's really lacking on the horror side. I kinda wish it had adhered more to the found footage element, but maybe I'm just spoiled by The Devil of Christmas. Shame about the AI, every time one of those godawful interstitials pops up it might as well just cut to one of the directors having a terrible time on the toilet.

Also I liked the detail of the censor not catching the first f-bomb. And Ingrid Torelli is loving fantastic.

Everything about it (except the AI) was top notch but like you said, needed more horror.

give me at least one scene of the type of terrible poo poo that goes on at the Grove!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shot for shot Infinity War remake but with slashers instead of capes

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
FREDDY DOT COM would have been a layup.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sign Freddy's guest book, bitch!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

FREDDY DOT COM would have been a layup.

“HTTP colon SLASH SLASH!!”

Freddy sucks someone into the computer and they’re crushed by the 3D pipes screensaver.

The dialup noises get so shrill someone’s ears start bleeding. Then their mom picks up the phone, hears it, and complains the kid is always on the internet and they need to make a call.

Freddy puts the pets.com sock puppet over his claw and shreds it.

Give us a late 90s period piece Freddy on the internet movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You could definitely do something interesting with one of the Elm St kids joining NASA

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Freddy haunting the crews’ cryodreams until one of their chests bursts open, a jet black phallic head glistening with blood.

Alien Versus Freddy.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The ending to Out of Darkness was a laugh. I guess infections don't exist.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

just a dogshit movie. first time in a long time I've seen walkouts. So long for so little and the twist was sub-Shayamalan. No. M Night is still kinda good at twists. its sub-the joke about Shyamalan twists.

like, how do you do a Futurama gag but sincerely twenty years later?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watching Late Night with the Devil finally and I’m watching the skeptic and my mind is adding agent smiths voice until I realized he played the possessed agent smith lol

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 24, 2024

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CelticPredator posted:

Watching Late Night with the Devil finally and I’m watching the skeptic and my mind is adding agent smiths voice until I realized he played the possessed agent smith lol

What the fucccccckkkkkkkkkk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love his style lmao. It’s so perfectly smug

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

On the ai thing I now fully believe there was no malpractice in the sense that they didn’t hire a graphics person. The actual fake photos and such are kind of rear end so I’m just going to rudely assume that the person they hired wasn’t that amazing. Hence why, they used AI to fill in the gaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Crescent Wrench posted:

In other news...

I'm working through the suggested categories and my own ideas for the upcoming

:spooky: May 2024 Horror Challenge! :spooky:

I'm thinking about when to announce the categories. The first day is a bit awkward because May 1 is a Wednesday. We'll for sure get four full weekends no matter what, and May 31 is a Friday for any Friday night features. The weekend before the 1st is too early to start, that's like an extra week, but do people have any strong opinions about the thread launching and the challenge being announced maybe April 29 or April 30 to give a little time for people to plan? Totally open to suggestions.

EDIT: April 29/30, not May. I'm not a monster, even if I am horror-adjacent.

I'm open to whenever. Soon as the thread's posted, I'm tearing out the gate full clip.

MacheteZombie posted:

Everyone keeps dogging on the Randi stand in, that was one of my fav characters

Considering how many professional skeptics I've seen who were exactly that smug and pretentious, I thought he was an excellent portrayal.