Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I liked it but i wish there was no visual effects and they kept it all practical. I also wish they did the 70's era footage better too. It just looked like a filter.

I also wish it was all found footage.

Cool flick though but a bit disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Just got out of Cannibal Mukbang and that rocked. Really silly funny, great chemistry between the leads. I feel like it didn't have quite the energy it needed at times, but I had a great time. Check it out IMO.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gonz posted:

What the fucccccckkkkkkkkkk

He was a highlight of the movie, really kicked rear end. I would also recommend the James Randi documentary An Honest Liar as it kicks rear end.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

A Fancy Hat posted:

He was a highlight of the movie, really kicked rear end. I would also recommend the James Randi documentary An Honest Liar as it kicks rear end.

:hai:

It's so good. With how many lazy talking head documentaries there are out there, it's a wonderful thing that we got such a thoughtful and interesting one out about Randi before his death.

Knowing there's a James Randi analogue in Late Night only made me more excited to watch the movie when I can make some time to really sink in.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

in Late Night with the Devil, did anyone else catch the wife's ghost hand on Jack's shoulder when they were reviewing the footage? Lilly also briefly transformed into a demon after she got slapped, but that one was a bit more obvious. I wonder if there were any other background spooks that I missed.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

in Late Night with the Devil, did anyone else catch the wife's ghost hand on Jack's shoulder when they were reviewing the footage? Lilly also briefly transformed into a demon after she got slapped, but that one was a bit more obvious. I wonder if there were any other background spooks that I missed.

There definitely were other bits e.g. the wife turning up on the monitors in the background

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

There definitely were other bits e.g. the wife turning up on the monitors in the background

thats sick. love that kind of stuff, it makes rewatches a lot of fun trying to find those little details

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Watching Late Night with the Devil finally and I’m watching the skeptic and my mind is adding agent smiths voice until I realized he played the possessed agent smith lol

Excellent "oh it's that guy" actor.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Watching Late Night with the Devil finally and I’m watching the skeptic and my mind is adding agent smiths voice until I realized he played the possessed agent smith lol

lmao I knew there was a reason I connected with this man immediately

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Speaking of, when I went to see THE ROYAL HOTEL, I didn't realize til the end of the goddamn movie that was Hugo Weaving.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

“HTTP colon SLASH SLASH!!”

Freddy sucks someone into the computer and they’re crushed by the 3D pipes screensaver.

The dialup noises get so shrill someone’s ears start bleeding. Then their mom picks up the phone, hears it, and complains the kid is always on the internet and they need to make a call.

Freddy puts the pets.com sock puppet over his claw and shreds it.

Give us a late 90s period piece Freddy on the internet movie.

They beat him this time by getting him trapped in an infinite webring

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Speaking of, when I went to see THE ROYAL HOTEL, I didn't realize til the end of the goddamn movie that was Hugo Weaving.

I had the same experience! I knew I recognized him from somewhere, but didn't at all clock that it's Hugo Weaving.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's only like 6 actors in Australia so they show up all over

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Just realized I have TWO v/h/s movies to catch up on, and it's a slow day at work. I'm very happy.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

I’m pretty sure, but not totally certain, that when Jack is trying to rewind the footage that leads to him seeing his ghost wife, that there is also a demon face superimposed like the ones in The Exorcist right over top of where Lilly is sitting in her chair I actually thought that’s what they were looking for.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Just realized I have TWO v/h/s movies to catch up on, and it's a slow day at work. I'm very happy.

I thought 85 was okay but had a great wraparound segment, but I loved 99.

Plus, if you wanna watch spinoffs, don't forget about Kids vs Aliens. Which was wonderfully goopy and gross.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFFAZ9fMaA

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I feel like at this point the movie can never live up to these trailers. They've almost done too good a job with them, they're creepy as hell.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Are these trailers stand alone shorts or clips from the movie? I haven't watched them because I just want to see the movie

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

My hype levels are through the roof for this.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

I feel like at this point the movie can never live up to these trailers. They've almost done too good a job with them, they're creepy as hell.
Yeah the hype is too much. the final movie is going to have to live up to everyones imaginations for the last three months and that feels kind of impossible.

MacheteZombie posted:

Are these trailers stand alone shorts or clips from the movie? I haven't watched them because I just want to see the movie

clips from the movie most likely unless they're using b-roll that didnt make the cut.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Shrecknet posted:

just a dogshit movie. first time in a long time I've seen walkouts. So long for so little and the twist was sub-Shayamalan. No. M Night is still kinda good at twists. its sub-the joke about Shyamalan twists.

like, how do you do a Futurama gag but sincerely twenty years later?

The Village immediately popped into my mind. It got absolutely eviscerated for that twist and it is just as poo poo here. I think The 13th Warrior is one of the few films where that didn't actively piss me off.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I've always really liked The Villiage. I should rewatch, but I'm holding off so many horror films until I have a sense of what next month's challenge is like.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

A Fancy Hat posted:

I thought 85 was okay but had a great wraparound segment, but I loved 99.

Yeah I just finished 99 and it's very close competition with the first one for my favorite in the series so far. All the segments were really even and had a very Stephen King/campfire story vibe - I was really worried about the length, but none of them overstayed their welcome and they all were super inventive. The way Ozzy's Dungeon moved from genre to genre in three acts was really well-done, and the balance of horror to comedy in the last segment was perfect (the bit where they almost stumble into the comically oversized bear trap and then one of them gets his hand caught in a comically tiny bear trap was amazing). These movies can be uneven but 99 just feels so enthusiastic from start to finish. I'm glad they're still making these.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

Yeah the hype is too much. the final movie is going to have to live up to everyones imaginations for the last three months and that feels kind of impossible.

The only trailer I watched for it was the one in front of First Omen so I'm prepared to enjoy it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
All the VHS films are simultaneously bad and very good.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’ve never seen Infinity Pool and I don’t recall hearing much about. Is it any good?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’ve never seen Infinity Pool and I don’t recall hearing much about. Is it any good?

despite absolutely loving Possessor, I unfortunately found Infinity Pool to be a swing and a miss. Mia Goth is fun in it though, and I liked the Tim Hecker soundtrack. If you like either of those people maybe check it out.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I thought infinity pool was great

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

despite absolutely loving Possessor, I unfortunately found Infinity Pool to be a swing and a miss. Mia Goth is fun in it though, and I liked the Tim Hecker soundtrack. If you like either of those people maybe check it out.

same Possessors one of my all time favs but I both didnt get and/or enjoy Infinity Pool

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

I did because the effects stood out way too much.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Finally got to watch 1993’s Necronomicon thanks to archive.org and that movie ruled. Crazy that movie slipped by me for so long, I rented Reanimator all the time as a kid, why didn’t the video store guy tell me about this.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Finally got to watch 1993’s Necronomicon thanks to archive.org

ooo thanks for the tip, i've wanted to see this one for a while. god bless archive.org

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I liked it quite a bit. It's laconic nature is part of its appeal. It's fear and loathing in las vegas, but without (thankfully imo) Gilliams touches and with more of a tightening intention of making the world smaller and smaller until you suffocate.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I thought it was really good and I don't like Mia Goth at all.
It's the amount of weird I wanted from Possessor and has an interesting story it leaves up to interpretation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I loved it more than Possessor. The Cronenbergs rule, and yes I'm taking this as a PSA/reminder to say David's daughter's feature horror debut Humane releases in theaters and VOD services Friday https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humane_(film)

quote:

Taking place over one day and mere months after a global ecological collapse has forced world leaders to take extreme measures to reduce the earth's population, a recently retired newsman enlists in the nation's new euthanasia program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4b-OMLNWE0

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The ending of Late Night with the Devil had the same feel as the ending ofThe Viewing from Cabinet of Curiosities, which hits me so hard for reasons I don't fully understand.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

All right, thread, it's time to discuss. I just saw this tweet.

https://twitter.com/THEH0RRORKID/status/1782529827767001161?t=NiN7hOBKRgyiL1tGHQTgHw&s=19

For me it's the ending of Mandy, but it wasn't an easy choice. It's just that no single scene has made me feel quite the way that scene makes me feel every single time.

What about you?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ready or Not and Immaculate, with Mandy and Melissa Barrera’s scenes also close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Evil Dead. Original and Remake