Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

All right, thread, it's time to discuss. I just saw this tweet.

https://twitter.com/THEH0RRORKID/status/1782529827767001161?t=NiN7hOBKRgyiL1tGHQTgHw&s=19

For me it's the ending of Mandy, but it wasn't an easy choice. It's just that no single scene has made me feel quite the way that scene makes me feel every single time.

What about you?

hostel 2 bathtub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

Ready or Not and Immaculate, with Mandy and Melissa Barrera’s scenes also close

Yeah I finally saw Ready or Not last year and that ending was fantastic. Just unexpected and "fun"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah i'm going OG Evil Dead with an honorable mention to The Descent

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Frank's reintroduction in Hellraiser.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ready Or Not is the reason Mandy wasn't an easy pick for me. Such a fantastic scene in a movie that is great fun.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Frank's reintroduction in Hellraiser.

Oh that's an AWESOME choice.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dead Alive’s post-lawnmower scene

The end of Martyrs

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i'm surprised nobody's mentioned Carrie. then again, i'm part of the problem, because:

ruddiger posted:

Dead Alive’s post-lawnmower scene

this is probably mine too

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Honestly, about 80% of Braindead qualifies.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Carrie is also a classic, of course! One of the most famous!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

huh posted:

The ending of Late Night with the Devil had the same feel as the ending ofThe Viewing from Cabinet of Curiosities, which hits me so hard for reasons I don't fully understand.

Phy posted:

Always love when a demon reifies and poo poo gets gory and trippy.

See also: HAIL PAIMON

FuckLacedFusillade
Jan 21, 2005
Legendary Dark Knight

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What about you?

Blade's blood rave.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Phy posted:

See also: HAIL PAIMON

Oh yeah. And The Witch to an extent.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The last act of Revenge takes it for me. Should've been sponsored by Ocean Spray

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The last act of Revenge takes it for me. Should've been sponsored by Ocean Spray

the real horror is the amount of sugar!!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Revenge is a often overlooked entry into that genre but it and goddamn what was the name of the one where the woman finds a serial killer who is a taxi driver or something and i think its spanish.

edit:

Goddamn it now this is going to drive me crazy. It was not a rape revenge film. Woman discovers this serial killer then the serial killer hunts her across town very violent.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I haven’t seen it but is it high tension?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Revenge is a often overlooked entry into that genre but it and goddamn what was the name of the one where the woman finds a serial killer who is a taxi driver or something and i think its spanish.

edit:

Goddamn it now this is going to drive me crazy. It was not a rape revenge film. Woman discovers this serial killer then the serial killer hunts her across town very violent.

Not Spanish but is it Chained? That is a DEEP cut. I don't know anyone else that's seen this or at least talks about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uney3BbKyjU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I think almost the entirety of Bruce Campbell’s stuff (sans the first ~5 minutes) in Evil Dead II would count as a “covered in blood scene”, so I’m gonna go with that because it gets me almost a whole movie.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Hollismason posted:

edit:

Cold Hell. She drives and does MMA stuff and the killer is some white-collar dude.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FuckLacedFusillade posted:

Blade's blood rave.

gently caress, this is the best one isn’t it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh yeah. It’s just way too iconic

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

CV 64 Fan posted:

Cold Hell. She drives and does MMA stuff and the killer is some white-collar dude.

Yes, it's an excellent neo-giallo type movie from a few years ago. It kinda came and went but it was very well liked around here the year it came out.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

gently caress, this is the best one isn’t it

The music and Blade's introduction is what makes it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s so crazy that New Order was like gently caress it we made the best song of the 80s, let’s make the best song of the 90s too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Brad Dourif is a treasure

Man still got it

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Best blood drenched scene for me is the Blade blood rave. That thing blew my mind as a kid and still holds up. What We Do In the Shadows had a great gag about it, even.

Not a movie, but if you can ever see Evil Dead: The Musical it literally ends with blood spraying EVERYWHERE, including the audience. They were using squirt guns, people had those bulb pumps going as limbs were torn off, it was awesome. They even sell white T-shirts with the musical logo on it so you can leave with a nice blood-spattered souvenir.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

has anyone seen project wolf hunting is it good?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kvlt! posted:

I watched it for a Challenge last year. It's surprisingly good and definitely a horror movie.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Kvlt! posted:

It’s pretty good. It sort of ducks-and-weaves around my taste so it’s hard for me to give a rating, but it’s more than competently done and has lots of gore spraying everywhere.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Brad Dourif is a treasure

Man still got it

I thought it was a bit sad that, for whatever reason, they didn't seem to be able to get Dourif into the flooding elevator and had to CGI'd him in instead. Great concept for a shot, but everything else about it being practical made is so good until literally the last shot. He was really great though, obviously.

Episode was also great in a bunch of ways, except for that huge lurch between the above scene and the seance which probably required a little more heavy lifting from the script.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hollismason posted:

edit:

Revenge is the movie that made me realize "Girl gets poo poo on and then becomes a badass and kicks rear end" is a genre I really love. No matter how bad the movie is, I generally will pump my fist from time to time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Squarely action horror but it's got some scenes that get grody in a The Sadness way.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

sounds pretty cool ima check it out

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

CV 64 Fan posted:

Yeah that's it. Bad rear end movie.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I think last year it was pitched itt as "a prison break movie but one of the prisoners is a Resident Evil boss" and I think that dialed my expectations for the movie perfectly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The ending of the latest Chucky is inspired, oh my god lol.
Its been heading in that direction but Pryce and Co finally going full mask off was really fun.

Wonder how Tiffany is going to get out of this one. The trailer had some stuff with Nica and her both we haven't seen yet.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Project Wolf Hunting is a real good time.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

Not a movie, but if you can ever see Evil Dead: The Musical it literally ends with blood spraying EVERYWHERE, including the audience. They were using squirt guns, people had those bulb pumps going as limbs were torn off, it was awesome. They even sell white T-shirts with the musical logo on it so you can leave with a nice blood-spattered souvenir.

Seconding this. Was a blast.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Abigail was a lot of fun! I honestly didn't think the trailers were impressive at all so that was a nice surprise. Much funnier than I expected and way, way goopier. I'm so glad they didn't cut this down to a PG13. It's definitely a little longer than it needs to be but Dan Stevens owns and Kathryn Newton needs a movie where she fights each Universal Monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was ready to like Cold Hell because despite the giallo-like violence against women at least the main character whoops rear end and gets the opportunity to whoop rear end, but then in the last 20 minutes she fucks the psychotic racist misogynistic cop, and not even out of like a feeling of survival and I'm just like what the gently caress this could only be written by a man