Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
THE ROAD MOVIE is a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TheBizzness posted:

Dashcam is the only movie I’ve noped out of in 10 or less minutes since I’ve started reading this thread.

I will very rarely give up on a movie, but my list of recent "nope"s are:

The Scary of Sixty-First
My Best Friend's Exorcism

Exorcism was a huge disappointment since I enjoyed the book it's based on, but it's very, very, very loosely based on it and the mix of comedy and horror is all mixed up. Made it about 15 minutes, gave up.

Scary of Sixty-First is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. Poorly executed technically, awful acting, and it tries to relate to some really heinous real-life stuff but just ends up coming across as gross and exploitative. I think I made it 10 minutes, skipped ahead some to see if I was missing some huge change in presentation or tone, realized I wasn't, and called it a day.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It sucks cause I find that book fairly well done, they actually took care to write it in the style of that kind of FEAR STREET/SWEET VALLEY HIGH type stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm happy more Fear Streets are gonna be made. Katherine Waterston's gonna be in the next one https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3806094/fear-street-prom-queen-netflix-cast-director-announcement/

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

Scary of Sixty-First is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. Poorly executed technically, awful acting, and it tries to relate to some really heinous real-life stuff but just ends up coming across as gross and exploitative. I think I made it 10 minutes, skipped ahead some to see if I was missing some huge change in presentation or tone, realized I wasn't, and called it a day.

Starting reading the plot summary and I think I got to the exact moment you gave up :stare:. Was not expecting that. I think you made the right decision.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WeaponX posted:

Starting reading the plot summary and I think I got to the exact moment you gave up :stare:. Was not expecting that. I think you made the right decision.

It popped up on Shudder and I'm like "oh, weird title, wonder what this is?!?" I didn't see any kind of advertising for it, and usually they're pretty good about saying "hey, here's this new movie, check it out!" even if it's a pretty crappy movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

aint it an epstine movie

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A Fancy Hat posted:

Jesus christ, I just read the synopsis and yeah, I had the same reaction as WeaponX, I just felt my brain shut down and reboot for a second. I'm almost morbidly curious to see how the gently caress that plays. Maybe later in the month when I'm making up the numbers for the challenge thread.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yes made by one of the red scare podcast ladies.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Yes made by one of the red scare podcast ladies.

Yeah just noticed that, explains a lot

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I enjoyed it because of how gross weird and exploitative it was

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the trailer had a pull quote that said "eyes wide shut for the qanon age" and it made me want to poo poo

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol it came in one of my vinegarsyndrome shipments and I had no idea what it was until I started it

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Brooklyn podcasters still haunting the forums

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Okay that podcast connection actually makes a lot of sense. "Ironic" offensiveness coupled with the most generic rich white kid view of life imaginable.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I had complete written off ever seeing the limited edition An American Werewolf in London 4K Arrow put out a bit ago at a sane price but someone put up a sealed copy with poster and poster cards on eBay at just $20 starting bid and I managed to get it at $58, putting it below the MSRP when it originally came out while all the buy it now options are $100+ definitely gonna watch this as part of the May challenge month

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The only good horror podcast is Nightvale

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
There is no good podcast

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

MacheteZombie posted:

There is no good podcast
it's simply too many hours to fill consistently

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Still reeling from the painful cringe of dashcam, gently caress. Spree is so much better its not even close but that's not saying much since I don't think I've had more unpleasant experiences.
Loving found footage is hard cuz gently caress when it's bad it's REALLY BAD.

On that note time to watch another random found footage tubi movie. 11:23 - 09:59 (Project Angst). Germans, always so good at naming things.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Doltos posted:

The only good horror podcast is Nightvale

I like too scary didn’t watch.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is Nightvale still going? Last I can remember hearing about it was when they got screwed over at Dashcon and that was ten years ago.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
not to turn this into a horror podcast derail (too late) but my partner was listening to something called the magnus archives which was cool little anthology horror stories and i liked the couple of them i listened to

like everything it apparently eventually turns into its own serialized lorefuckery but the individualized spooky story parts were good

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

There is no good podcast

Torchwood :colbert:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is Nightvale still going? Last I can remember hearing about it was when they got screwed over at Dashcon and that was ten years ago.

Ten years ago?!

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Also the only good podcast moments are when Michael S Judge is reading Pynchon

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Video Palace was my favorite horror podcast. It also spawned a book of short stories that was a pretty nice companion piece.

They also sent me a cool White VHS Tape pin for submitting a short piece of horror fiction, which was pretty nifty.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

yeah Video Palace, Pseudopod, Knifepoint Horror, and both Magnus series are the actual only good horror podcasts. and Video Palace was funnily enough a Shudder joint! bringing the thread full circy!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The best Podcasts are the ones that only have like two or three episodes per year.

Like Nameless Cults and A Podcast to the Curious: The M.R. James podcast.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

There is no good podcast

Yes there was, back when our university radio station used to release shows as "podcasts" I would sometimes download the ones my friend did. He had an industrial music show that aired from like midnight to 2 am on a school night and I couldn't always stay up to listen to it

(Also the show was literally called "Dead Air" so when Strong Bad called college radio "Dead Air, Umm... DEAD. AIR." he laughed his rear end off)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Merry Walpurgis Night Horror Thread

🧹

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm happy more Fear Streets are gonna be made. Katherine Waterston's gonna be in the next one https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3806094/fear-street-prom-queen-netflix-cast-director-announcement/

https://twitter.com/RL_Stine/status/1785350309646094472

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

FreudianSlippers posted:

Merry Walpurgis Night Horror Thread

🧹

Merry Walpurgisnacht my dude!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

cool! the bread slicer kill in the first one went way further than i expected it to, that series has a great mean streak

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Oh hell yes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LFG

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I know what this means and use it this way, but my first read is always "looking for group"

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

A Fancy Hat posted:

I will very rarely give up on a movie, but my list of recent "nope"s are:

The Scary of Sixty-First
My Best Friend's Exorcism

Exorcism was a huge disappointment since I enjoyed the book it's based on, but it's very, very, very loosely based on it and the mix of comedy and horror is all mixed up. Made it about 15 minutes, gave up.

Scary of Sixty-first is awful for about twenty straight minutes, then takes a hard turn into sleazy exploitation when the third character finally shows up and it's a pretty fun time after that.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There's an article out on the new hell boy movie where they said they used Ai work for the design lol how many times must they fail to reboot it https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785466288652853540?t=Pr5G4z0BXrK4_0xgb2YXBw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol why you need ai the design is right there