Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

31 years of hellboy comics to adapt and they just cant figure it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

31 years of hellboy comics to adapt and they just cant figure it out

Look, it's just very hard to make out checks to the artists who designed those original creatures.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I was gonna say one of the biggest draws of Hellboy is the creature designs :laffo:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

guys check this out (types hellgirl into dall-e)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Look, it's just very hard to make out checks to the artists who designed those original creatures.

Mike Migno-we're-not-paying-you

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There's an article out on the new hell boy movie where they said they used Ai work for the design lol how many times must they fail to reboot it https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785466288652853540?t=Pr5G4z0BXrK4_0xgb2YXBw&s=19

I’m sure a lot of people involved in this film are going to love this dipshit producer said this lol. I mean, nothing could possibly sink a Hellboy movie!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

well movies are over what you guys wanna talk about now

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Kvlt! posted:

I think I’ve really perfected my recipe for weed brownies. I turn the cannabis butter into brown butter. No weed taste at all, just a super rich brownie that will make you watch the poo poo out of a horror movie.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Infested is great. Late Night with the Devil is great. Three great episodes of The Last Drive-in in a row. Shudder fans eating good again.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Kvlt! posted:

I've been getting into reading horror books lately, mostly short story collections. Ray Bradbury and Shirley Jackson are pretty drat good authors, it turns out

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

I think I’ve really perfected my recipe for weed brownies. I turn the cannabis butter into brown butter. No weed taste at all, just a super rich brownie that will make you watch the poo poo out of a horror movie.

that sounds delicious i would def eat one of those and watch Alligator which i am watching rn and while a great movie would be enhanced by a proprietary weed butter brownie

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

Jonathan Yunger, President of Millennium Films, was enthusiastic about the possibilities for AI in filmmaking. “I wasn’t a fan of AI,” he said, but “after shooting a demon character practically (for a film called Hellboy due out later this year) that didn’t look great, he turned to AI to come up with a new design, on a platform he built himself. “I was able to make 3000 creature designs in an hour. So now I can start to cherry-pick and edit those and then send it to visual effects,” he said.

Yunger stressed that he doesn’t believe AI will replace people — rather, people who use AI will replace those who don’t. “And that’s why I think it’s important for places like film schools to start to learn how to use these tools and these new technologies to further storytelling. The emotion of a human being will never be replaced,” he said.

Lol, lmao

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Why the gently caress do they keep trying to remake Hellboy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because Mike Mingola didn’t like what del toro did

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Because Mike Mingola didn’t like what del toro did

i think he might have bad taste

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the first hellboy movie is good but not outstanding but the golden army is incredible and anyone that hates it is stupid

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Watching lord of misrule and this show has a great deal of "these white people are dangerous" vibes

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the first hellboy movie is good but not outstanding but the golden army is incredible and anyone that hates it is stupid

Confirmed, it belongs on one of the Screen Rant "Sequels that are Better Than the Original" clickbait articles.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i actually think it's very brave and takes a ton of confidence to stand up and say "yeah, you know what, I can make a worse Hellboy movie than Hellboy (2019)"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

There's an article out on the new hell boy movie where they said they used Ai work for the design lol how many times must they fail to reboot it https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785466288652853540?t=Pr5G4z0BXrK4_0xgb2YXBw&s=19

i don't have X but has this X been xterminated? can't see it at all and suspect that they may have rightly been absolutely dunked on

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I'm assuming they took it down because the hell boy producer is now conducting damage control by throwing another project under the bus

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785526850388709469?t=vlGBQ1K3dedhJmXrMuP0Lw&s=19

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I'm assuming they took it down because the hell boy producer is now conducting damage control by throwing another project under the bus

i think this is the new Hellboy director; the other guy was the producer, the one generating thousands of AI images for his design team apparently, which also sounds like hell to work for

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

alf_pogs posted:

i think this is the new Hellboy director; the other guy was the producer, the one generating thousands of AI images for his design team apparently, which also sounds like hell to work for

"Just make this, but with a normal amount of fingers!"

What a shitshow. Just make a BPRD movie or TV series instead!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

That might be true but this is, again, the same issue Late Night with the Devil has: if Millennium Films was okay with wholesale using AI for another production, in this case character design, than what’s stopping them in the new Hellboy? If the president of the production company is proudly going “I didn’t like what our artists made so I just made a bunch of art drivel in an hour and sent it off to visual effects”, he’s been doing that with other movies. Just because the director doesn’t believe there’s AI generated design in the film, doesn’t mean the president wasn’t sending off AI poo poo to the design team to use

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785526850388709469?t=vlGBQ1K3dedhJmXrMuP0Lw&s=19

lol he did it

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

davidspackage posted:

"Just make this, but with a normal amount of fingers!"

This is the one loving genre where it's even ok to use the AI amount of fingers

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

That might be true but this is, again, the same issue Late Night with the Devil has: if Millennium Films was okay with wholesale using AI for another production, in this case character design, than what’s stopping them in the new Hellboy? If the president of the production company is proudly going “I didn’t like what our artists made so I just made a bunch of art drivel in an hour and sent it off to visual effects”, he’s been doing that with other movies. Just because the director doesn’t believe there’s AI generated design in the film, doesn’t mean the president wasn’t sending off AI poo poo to the design team to use

yeah its like a military general going "Unit X committed NO war crimes! That was Unit Y!"

the concern is more crimes being committed in general

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Phy posted:

This is the one loving genre where it's even ok to use the AI amount of fingers

Arg!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I absolutely love it. The first one wins out a little bit but only because of nostalgia.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

brian taylor is one of the crank guys. he wouldn't use ai because he'd rather find a way to strap a camera man (or previous partner) to some skates to get a sick shot

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CelticPredator posted:

brian taylor is one of the crank guys. he wouldn't use ai because he'd rather find a way to strap a camera man (or previous partner) to some skates to get a sick shot

The best part of that was when someone wanted to buy the rig they'd used for a shot in Crank. Taylor said they'd only rent it out, it was very technical so they would have to operate it themselves, and they wanted a large sum of money for one day's work. The producer agreed.

On the day, whichever of them it was turns up in a pair of rollerskates carrying a handheld.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's still got it https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1785467510403301873

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

horror thread: you're a child. that pisses me off

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MacheteZombie posted:

There is no good podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raB3lskqp-k

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3810063/terrifier-3-carves-out-new-october-11th-release-date-heres-your-first-look/

LFG

Art the Shart is back I can’t wait!

bloody disgusting posted:

We’re excited to announce today that Terrifier 3 will now be released in theaters nationwide on October 11, 2024, just in time for Halloween! The news was first reported by Variety.

This moves the release date up two weeks, giving you even more time to get into the holiday spirit – and make sure your stomachs are fully settled in time for any year-end family gatherings and dinners.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Danger posted:

Just caught this on streaming. Really unique concept that kind of goes haywire by the end. Enjoyed it though!

Ayyyy! Which streamer?

I really liked it too, and I’m glad more people are watching it!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Nikumatic posted:

not to turn this into a horror podcast derail (too late) but my partner was listening to something called the magnus archives which was cool little anthology horror stories and i liked the couple of them i listened to

like everything it apparently eventually turns into its own serialized lorefuckery but the individualized spooky story parts were good

Did you ever listen to uhh KNIFEPOINT HORROR?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I tried listening to David Dastmalchain interview episode of last podcast on the left and it felt like I was listening to one of those morning zoo crew radio shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah it rules. They talk about aliens and CUM.