Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FreudianSlippers posted:

Some shameless plugging.

But done in the service of maybe getting a monster of the week TV show made in the near future by pointing out how our proof of concept was well received.

Finally watched this

Holy crap dude. Absolutely sublime. The tone is so perfect and so much my kind of poo poo. I laughed many times and watched that snap zoom in the opening 3 times lmao

So well shot and acted. The merman was just COOKING so hard he was starting a fire! There was shot after gusti hurls him up that showed his butt region to be very red and I laughed because that poor man had to probably do multiple takes of that lmao

I want a series yea. I want more for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Icelandic line is "Hann var ekki upp á marga fiska þessi" of "He wasn't worth many fish" as that is a phrase commonly used to describe things that are cheap or substandard.

Music was done by a professional composer who is friends with Pál, the lead actor. When shooting the transformation/shirt ripping scene the producer and I were talking about how we really needed to find a composer and Páll went "Hey talk to my friend Viktor, he does that for a living."

And I'm really glad we did because the music is amazing.

I appreciate puns in foreign languages that 100% don't translate, like the fingerpori viperless milk one.

I think a good one-off subtitle gag if you encounter this in a future Gusti adventure might be to have the subs just have the literal translation and then include a translator's note that says "this is a pun in Icelandic."

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/Variety/status/1773736818359271704?s=20
Courteney Cox in Talks to Join 'Scream 7' Following Neve Campbell's Franchise Return (EXCLUSIVE)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Quick, call David and Matthew!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wholesome: Sydney Sweeney watching Immaculate with her dad, who loves horror films and always used to take her to and let her see them in theaters, and didn't know she even was making a horror film https://twitter.com/sydneyfiles/status/1771247041953288309

More wholesome: Sydney Sweeney watching Immaculate with real pastors who've never seen horror films above PG ratings, if at all
https://twitter.com/ImmaculateMovie/status/1773742288427975080

https://twitter.com/BriAnimator_/status/1773750958352146869

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Hey horror thread for the holiday weekend I made a horror challenge for myself in which I'm going to watch as many easter horror movies as I can between today and sunday. Figured I'd drop the list here in case anyone wanted to join me (not likely)

I'm pretty sure the last one is gonna be very racist but I'm curious as to how bad it could get (probably pretty bad)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter isn't necessarily Easter and isn't really horror but I think it's both Easter and horror adjacent. Honestly any horror movie dealing with resurrection is Easter appropriate.

edit also anything involving plagues for passover

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

edit also anything involving plagues for passover

The Abominable Dr. Phibes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Null of Undefined posted:

Hey horror thread for the holiday weekend I made a horror challenge for myself in which I'm going to watch as many easter horror movies as I can between today and sunday. Figured I'd drop the list here in case anyone wanted to join me (not likely)

I'm pretty sure the last one is gonna be very racist but I'm curious as to how bad it could get (probably pretty bad)

Easter Bloody Easter came out this week :thunk: might check that out soon

Con: the Letterboxd reviews from friends are either 1 or 2 stars
Pro: I just finished watching Imaginary and it wouldn't be the first/only bad film I've seen all weekend

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Why not Serial Rabbit 1-6?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Osgood Perkins has already finished his next film after Longlegs https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/3/29/iovq2ughboee4oqjt2h4oopw91ddn8

The Monkey, based on a Stephen King short story
Twin brothers, Hal and Bill, discover their father's old monkey toy in the attic, and a series of gruesome deaths starts occurring all around them. The brothers decide to throw the monkey away and move on with their lives, growing apart over the years. But when the mysterious deaths begin again, the brothers must reunite to find a way to destroy the monkey
Cast is Theo James, Tatiana Maslany, Elijah Wood, Christian Convery, Colin O’Brien, Rohan Campell, and Sarah Levy

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I trust Elijah Wood to pick weird little projects.

(Because Elijah Wood is a good little weirdo.)

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Why not Serial Rabbit 1-6?

coudln't find them

Edit: I'm off to a really bad start, Easter Bunny, Kill Kill is really bad in a distinctly 00s no-budget edgy writing type of way

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

coudln't find them

Edit: I'm off to a really bad start, Easter Bunny, Kill Kill is really bad in a distinctly 00s no-budget edgy writing type of way

I was hoping for a little bit more wit since the title was a pretty great reference/bit of wordplay.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Holidays has an Easter short in it.

I’d recommend the whole movie, except I won’t.

Because it wasn’t all that good.

The Easter segment included.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/damienleone/status/1773312029526241599?s=46

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Wow Art must've bashed someone in the face 50 times instead of just 20 times.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

Wow Art must've bashed someone in the face 50 times instead of just 20 times.

Hell yeah 💪🏽

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope he eats a child

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

90 minutes of beautiful clown sex

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Naked Man Punch posted:

Holidays has an Easter short in it.

I’d recommend the whole movie, except I won’t.

Because it wasn’t all that good.

The Easter segment included.

Yeah I just really don't like that movie. It's on every holiday horror movie list (probably what they were setting out to do) but there's not really a single segment I like. Which ultimately means that it DOES belong on this list because so far every movie except Critters 2 has sucked (I'm up to Little Witches now)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

This would be art

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Yeah I just really don't like that movie. It's on every holiday horror movie list (probably what they were setting out to do) but there's not really a single segment I like. Which ultimately means that it DOES belong on this list because so far every movie except Critters 2 has sucked (I'm up to Little Witches now)

A 13 movie marathon where Night of the Lepus is the high point.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Gripweed posted:

A 13 movie marathon where Night of the Lepus is the high point.

Nah I really think Critters 2 was the peak. Little Witches was bad in a more fun 90s sleazy way so I can see myself watching that one again.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

If it’s just art the clown doing the cemetary scene from Macgruber then I’m in!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I hope he eats a child

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

dorium posted:

If it’s just art the clown doing the cemetary scene from Macgruber Saltburn then I’m in!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Werewolves of London is a bad song

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MacheteZombie posted:

No it’s good.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

we are now mortal enemies and "little ol lady got mutilated late last night" with Warren's delivery is the greatest line ever written. You have besmirched my honor and I demand satisfaction in the form of a duel.

May the Lord have mercy on your poor, poor, pitiful soul

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Warren Zevon was an incredible singer-songwriter and it makes me sad that 95% of people are only familiar with his output as 'lol he sang the novelty werewolf song'. :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
i like the werewolf song

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

pitchforks and torches!! get your pitchfork and torches were forming an angry mob and going to MZs place!!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I think "his hair was perfect" every time I see a werewolf

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

It is a good song my only gripe with it is that it gets put on halloween playlists all the time and while it may be halloween in theme it's not halloween in vibe.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

It is a good song my only gripe with it is that it gets put on halloween playlists all the time and while it may be halloween in theme it's not halloween in vibe.

my complaint is that Kid Rock song that steals the opening riff so youre like OH gently caress YEAH WEREWOL....OH gently caress NO!!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qae25976UgA

Video is good

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Uhh Zevon also told us to "enjoy every sandwich," advice that has always worked for me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

pitchforks and torches!! get your pitchfork and torches were forming an angry mob and going to MZs place!!

Pitchfork is a terrible site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Space Fish posted:

Uhh Zevon also told us to "enjoy every sandwich," advice that has always worked for me.

Winning me over now