Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

dorium posted:

The new Sam Esmail “Leave The World Behind” is a good thriller if you like his style of writing and direction. I do. I thought it was great.

Apparently it’s a Mr Robot semi-sequel? Is that true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Having only watched a couple of Saws, don’t a bunch of them all take place over the same 48 hour period or something?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The AI stuff has really soured me on Late Night, especially that response.

You know what’s real? My friend’s film, All You Need is Death! It’s going to be shown at the Overlook Fest in New Orleans on April 5th!

And there’s a trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30iDkjH6UqA

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm pretty sure there's a Neal Stephenson novel where the internet is useless because it's completely flooded with meaningless garbage data

e: okay yeah it's an aside in Anathem

Have you tried searching something on Google images lately? Half the results are AI-generated now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, apparently it’s not just those interstitial title cards. It’s all over the set too.

https://twitter.com/stretchedwiener/status/1771170582437970104

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

I feel like this Twitter post pretty clearly misunderstands what was AI about the interstitial cards.

It wasn't the Night Owls logo and general branding, and that set art doesn't look AI to me.

These building windows have that AI differently sized randomly placed look all over them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Perfect pastiche, no notes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

That said, I've seen a lot of talk about the concept being original and I dunno if that's true. It's more original on screen, sure, but I've definitely heard several variations of this in the television and podcast space including a drat Torchwood. I appreciate that stuff is filtering more mainstream though.

Ghostwatch did it in 1992

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Quick, call David and Matthew!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Warren Zevon was an incredible singer-songwriter and it makes me sad that 95% of people are only familiar with his output as 'lol he sang the novelty werewolf song'. :(

:confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6V2oCX3Hn4

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The sole moment in the last 5 years I’ve been scared was the scene in Nope where OJ is in the barn and the kids show up. There’s just something about the slow movement/out of focus nature of it all.. That one had the hair on my arms standing on end, and I felt actual fear.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

dorium posted:

if they decide to do a bust of Mia Goths head and it opens up like that Alien Deluxe Anthology edition then I guess I'm tentatively in.

What are the DVDs/Blu-Rays in this set, btw? I picked up the head itself a few years back, but no discs, and I want to put it together one day.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jedit posted:

It is. And I believe I still have my Quadrilogy box somewhere, if you want it (and are somewhere it's economical to post to from the UK).

E: it's The Doctor, so I know you are. Drop me a PM.

I still have mine too! It's somewhere in a box, but I have it! Thanks though! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A future-set/more scifi Predator movie seems like an odd omission in the canon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

We already knew Danny Boyle was coming back to direct 28 Years Later

Nia DaCosta (Candyman 2021, The Marvels) will direct the first (of two) sequel to that https://deadline.com/2024/04/candyman-nia-dacosta-28-years-later-part-2-1235880839/

Alex Garland who has been talking about walking away from film after Civil War? Hmm.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Hell yeah. He absolutely nails that balance of sweet teddy bear man who is absolutely terrifying

He’s very much a highlight of his season of Channel Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Danger posted:

Just caught this on streaming. Really unique concept that kind of goes haywire by the end. Enjoyed it though!

Ayyyy! Which streamer?

I really liked it too, and I’m glad more people are watching it!