Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hollismason posted:

Okay what the hell is the name of the movie I'm remembering. It has a scene where these women kidnap a guy then take him to surgery and remove his dick. Then he wakes up in like a bowling alley goes to pee and starts screaming.

Looks like it's The Ladies Club

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shrecknet posted:

who is a non-horror director who you'd like to see take on a horror project? Spielberg released two all-timers in a row with Duel and Jaws, then retreated to family fare and only toe-dipped with War of the World's later. Would love to see the King of Blocking take on a Werewolf movie

Sacred Deer is close anyways, but Yorgos Lanthamos would be my pick

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Dude in Space

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

After watching Barry I bet Bill Hader would be able to direct an awesome horror movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BrownPepper posted:

What's the best horror film by a director who is mostly known for working outside of the genre. The Exorcist is the easy answer, but I'm sure there are a lot of interesting picks I'm too dumb to think of. Alien I think would count.

Barely counts but Barbarian

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Origami Dali posted:

What's are the best scenes from a horror movie that take place in a public restroom?

Easy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aw man, I was all excited for Second Cut if the Dead

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I did Noroi for the challenge last year and it owns. It's definitely good for someone who isn't super into found footage, too. It has a nice blend and a good explanation for why and how the footage was "found", edited and showed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not mine (I loving wish)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It would be a lot more enjoyable if it weren't based on a true story

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have definitely seen all the Insidious movies but I absolutely could not tell you anything about 2 or 3. Also most of what I do remember I'm pretty sure is blended up with the Conjuring movies

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't think he was in the other Insidious movies at least. 2 was Dermot Mulroney or one of those guys and I'm pretty sure 3 was the Lin Shaye send off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Basebf555 posted:

Nah Insidious 2 was definitely Patrick Wilson.

Lol I split 3 into two different movies. There you go

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Into the Patrick Wilsonverse

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Red Door was fine, it's as dumb as all the other Blumhouse movies, for good or Ill. The audience did go nuts at the credit scene [spoiler]When Gabriel showed up to recruit Josh to the Monster Squad and then Ed Warren came out of that portal[spoiler]

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I love a good "psychic scans something and has a complete freak out" and Noroi has like 5 of those scenes, it's so good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does the Darth Maul Insidious guy have a name?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s also Lithuania’s first slasher ever, which I didn’t even know when I watched it

https://twitter.com/ScreamboxTV/status/1678410737948012545?s=20

This is going to come in very handy for the challenge next Oct, I'm running out of countries I haven't used before

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m sure it’s mostly garbage, but Fanatical has a horror game bundle, 50ish games for less than :tenbux: . Probably something worthwhile in there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I need comfort I know who I'm going to call

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, guv’ner! Spook yah doodles?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mover posted:

You know what hosed me up as a kid? That episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark where the kid gets trapped in a VR game with the computer virus. Genuinely gross body horror with the port growing out of the kid’s hand and the mindfuck with multiple layers of reality

Hell, I'm still scared of the Ghastly Grinner

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Put me in the ED1/2 Necronomicon editions that are full destroyed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Challenges sound good, but I hope we stick to getting the list early and doing them on own time. That has made a huge difference for my engagement that last couple years.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Basebf555 posted:

Yep, the challenges will absolutely be posted on day 1 when the thread goes up. I haven't looked at the calendar to figure out exactly what day that will be yet, but it won't be a situation where the challenges are posted in a trickle over the course of the month. The majority has made it clear over the years that they like to know the challenges up front so they can plan things out.

:discourse: Bueno. I don't mind some surprise bonus challenges popping up, but as I get older I find it's harder to do a movie a day as is, so if I'm expecting a challenge I wind up saving stuff that I think will match and get too much of a backlog going and wind up just watching a lot of garbage on Amazon instead of things that I want to see

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lol, gotta see this

Ah, ok! I kept thinking this was Influencer and I didn't get why people kept saying it was good

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ellis is usually pretty funny and he has some really great horror comics, but this looks awful.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was going to make fun of the Pet Sematary prequel but it actually looks kind of cool, good cast too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mandy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That first jumpscare/reveal with the camera is an all timer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh and the normal warning when Descent talk starts up: do not, under any circumstances, watch Descent 2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Exorcist Trailer. I don't know, looks good. Curious to see where they go to make it a trilogy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Given that they've said it's a trilogy right off the bat I'm assuming Regan shows up in the end and takes over

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That Saw picture looks like a 90s video game ad

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kills and Ends both had interesting stuff to say, but just kind of mumbled it and forgot to finish what they were saying in several cases

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:five:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Descent

Opopanax posted:

That first jumpscare/reveal with the camera is an all timer

And the Insidious one is always good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm pretty sure I've seen all the Saw movies but honestly how could you even tell